We should start a Disneyland Cake Thread

No, you just have to eat in one of the resort restaurants for a cake to be delivered.

i posted these pics in another thread but i remembered this thread and how good it can make you feel while your waiting on your next trip to DL...
we were given these as a random magical moments at the DL hotel.
DSC02029.jpg

OK those look yummy! And all that icing! We all know cake is just a delivery vehicle for the icing we really want! (but hey maybe that's just me :lmao: ) And these really deliver!

Okay, so this cake wasn't from Disney, but rather made by my wife (she makes custom cakes) for our daughters 3rd birthday party last year. It was 100% edible. Thought I'd share. =)

mickey_ears_cake.jpg

As for things left in the room. My wife and I had birthdays while at Disney this March and they left autographed pictures of Mickey, Minnie, and the Princesses for the three of us and they were all signed specifically for each of us by name.

Boy techno, I'd order that cake from your wife for my birthday. It's by far my favorite. Too bad you live too far away. :upsidedow

All these cakes and other various treats look AMAZING and SCRUMPCIOUS beyond belief!!!

I don't know if I'd order a cake just for the sole reason that I wouldn't want to cut into it cause it would be too pretty. That's what I did with my Fantasmic desert. I told myself "I'm gonna take this back to the hotel and enjoy it." Yea didn't happen. I looked at it for about forever, licked the edible spoon a couple times, tried to bite a chunk out of it and then I didn't eat any of the rest of the desert.

Okay, so this cake wasn't from Disney, but rather made by my wife (she makes custom cakes) for our daughters 3rd birthday party last year. It was 100% edible. Thought I'd share. =)

mickey_ears_cake.jpg

As for things left in the room. My wife and I had birthdays while at Disney this March and they left autographed pictures of Mickey, Minnie, and the Princesses for the three of us and they were all signed specifically for each of us by name.

That's an awesome looking cake! You wife did a beautiful job!

birthdaycake.jpg

Birthday cake for our DGS August 2008...Ordered through Vacation Planning...JC

mickey_ears_cake.jpg

Can you deliver or ship to Sacramento and can she make a Tinkerbell cake?

Disneyanajc - that is a beautiful cake. I love all of the figures around it! Can you tell me what you ordered specifically? What are those figurines? Are they the figures made of sugar? I need to order a cake and I would love to have those!!!

Disneyanajc - that is a beautiful cake. I love all of the figures around it! Can you tell me what you ordered specifically? What are those figurines? Are they the figures made of sugar? I need to order a cake and I would love to have those!!!

I will have to ask my DDIL what she ordered...I will let you know...What I do know is the cake was delicious and very rich...the Mickey's and Minnie are made of sugar...and the little Mickey's heads are chocolate....JC

All of these cakes look amazing! Where exactly can you have a cake delivered to? Can they deliver at the DTD restaurants?

All of these cakes look amazing! Where exactly can you have a cake delivered to? Can they deliver at the DTD restaurants?

Just the hotels and the restaurants in the hotels and sit down restaurants in DL/DCA I think :)

Can you deliver or ship to Sacramento and can she make a Tinkerbell cake?

She can deliver out of state, but they have to be delivered by personal jet or carrier van that has appropriate climate control. She personally does the drop off and setup. It can be extremely cost prohibitive.

She hasn't done a Tink theme before, but I'm certain should could. She's currently building a princesses castle cake now, which is looking awesome. Other past themed cakes include Nemo, a burrowing owl, a birder's cake (think lots of colorful birds), an old pirate treasure chest filed with edible coins and jewelry, a large 3D jack-o-lantern, and a barrel cactus. She does wedding cakes and other party cakes as well.

She's actually a graphic designer by trade and does custom cake orders on the side. All cakes are homemade using natural and organic ingredients with natural food coloring where needed. And they are delicious. =)

Back...the cake was a Vanilla Cake with Chocolate Mousse and Whipped Cream frosting :cake:
Check this list out....http://www.disboards.com/showthread...highlight=disneyland+vacation+planning+basket

Post #7...we ordered it thourgh Vacation Planning and had the cake delivered to our room at the DLH...JC

Wow, these are some awesome cakes and creations! :thumbsup2 The talent is amazing.

These weren't from the Disney park but were some Mickey cupcakes I made recently for my daughters birthday.

cupcakes1.png

cupcakesmickey1.png

cupcakesmickey2.png

Wow those are totally perfect... what kind of camera is that??

We're going to be celebrating DD11's birthday at the end of August, and wanted to get a special cake for her. I e-mailed vacation planning and they sent me the most recent information. It looks like everything is pretty much the same, including prices (yeah!), except that now there is a larger variety of characters available. It says "sugar characters", but then also says chocolate characters afterwards. I'm hoping I can get chocolate characters. I think that would go over much better with the family.

Here are the choices for ordering a cake: Requires 72 hours notice

Size: 6" - 10" - 1/4 sheet or 1/2 sheet
Kind of Sponge: Vanilla or Chocolate
Kind of Filling: Whipped Cream - Vanilla Custard - Chocolate Custard - Chocolate Mousse or Strawberries
Kind of Frosting: Whipped Cream - Chocolate Ganache or Butter Cream
Sugar Figurines: Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Pluto, (Price for Choc. Figurines $4.50 each)
Edible Images: Mickey Mouse (B-day) - Minnie Mouse (B-day) - Pooh (B-day) - Cinderella - Snow White - Sleeping Beauty's Castle *Note - Edible images are only available on 10" cakes or larger - Price: $10.00 additional for images

Price for 6" - approx. $25.00 (# of Servings = 6-8 people
Price for 10" - approx. $32.00 (# of Servings = 12 people
Price for 1/4 Sheet - approx. $52.00 (# of Servings = 16-18 people)
Price for 1/2 Sheet - approx. $68.00 (# of Servings = 30-35 people)

Let us know if we can assist you with anything else. We offer a wonderful line of Disney-themed baskets available exclusively through Vacation Planning. Call 714-300-PLAN, option 2 for details. Many of our Guests choose these for special occasions or simply to commemorate their time with us!

I'm sorry, I haven't read through this whole thread yet, but I thought maybe someone here has an answer for me.

Can we have a cake delivered to a DL restaurant for a BD dinner? The folks at Vacation Planning I spoke with said that according to some sort of strange California law they are not allowed to have cakes delivered to DL or DCA restaurants :confused3

Has anyone had a cake at a restaurant? Sorry, I'm so used to WDW where you can order a custom cake for an ADR! It would ruin the "surprise" factor to have to pick the cake up at the front desk of the hotel (or have it delivered to the room) and then carry it with you to the restaurant. With the BD girl in question there!

"Gee, no, I don't see that large cake-sized box you got at the front desk while I was standing beside you and you're carrying all the way from GC to Blue Bayou (through the security gate, how would that work?). I'm so surprised. I had not idea you got me a cake!":rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

You can have cakes delivered to restuarants at DL hotels, I don't think you can have a custom cake delivered to a park restaurant.

However, I do know you can order a "Birthday Bucket" at Ariel's Grotto.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter