We only live 8 hours away now, that means we can go once a month, right?! -- 7/19 Homecomin'

Omg. Losing one of my kids in Disney is my worst fear. I obsess over it before we leave and tell my kids over and over again that they can't wander off. The last time we went my kids were only 18mo and 3, so they were pretty easy to keep track of. 4 and 6 is a big difference and they're both at the stage of wanting to look and touch EVERYTHING they see. It really only takes a second....

I bought little wrist bands that have our names and phone numbers inside for this trip. Hopefully that makes me a bit less panicky in the parks. Probably not tho lol.

Oh my gosh, I can't even imagine!!! This poor little girl was probably 8, 10 at best. It was so dark and the parking lot was practically empty, I just said to myself thank god those nice people found her and waited with her. That is a really good idea with the wrist bands!!

Great review of the race! Looks like a lot of fun with your friends. We love the wave breakfast too!

GAME CHANGER! Can't believe I didn't know this...

Normally i am not a multigrain person but I agree - they taste just like the normal waffles to me!

The race was loads of fun! I couldn't believe I missed the mimosa memo either and I'm super bummed that I didn't take advantage of it lol!

YOu girls look like you are having sooo much fun on that race course!!! I've yet to do rundisney with others, but it just seems so awesome! AND that breakfast, really a post-race meal should always be a buffet, so can eat all the things!!!

The buffet was such a good idea!! I was starving, I think I could've put away a couple entrees, lol! I think it was made lots more fun with friends, but the vibe out there is so fun that even doing it solo would be great.

Great job with the 10k, looks like you had a nice time. I loved the sweet potato pancakes and the grits at The Wave, I would go back just for those! I agree with you it is a good buffet. It looks like many choices of different things so that is always a plus.

Thanks!! IT was so much fun. I agree, those grits and pancakes.. mmmmm. I am so sad I didn't try those first, because I hardly had room by the time I got to them.

That's fantastic with her up there!

I've been wanting to try the Wave breakfast buffet for awhile now, too........

And this makes me want to even more! I had no idea!

Everything looks great but I'm kind of disappointed to read this, because I know I had an egg white frittata somewhere else down there and loved it. Maybe it was a bad frittata day?

I'm not a yogurt person because I generally stick to foods that are in no way healthy, but the honey vanilla and especially the banana caramel with white chocolate sound delicious! Steve loves yogurt so I think he'd enjoy this option.

I have an issue with grits so I never try them but cheddar and bacon? Might have to make an exception.....

We have this booked for our trip this month. I toyed with cancelling but it's somewhere I have in the back of my mind to try and I know if I don't go, it'll keep popping up for me as somewhere to cross off my list so I've decided to keep it. Your review has me really looking forward to it!

I was so shocked to see her up there but it was hysterical. She had her own backdrop and all that and she was mic'ed up so she was talking to the runners. So cute.

I had no idea about them, either! It definitely is a good spot. They had a lot of variety. Maybe not as many kid options as a character buffet, but a lot of different options for sure.

I don't know what it was about the frittata. They looked like they were cooked in muffin tins, so maybe they were just a little burnt? They just tasted foamy and off. Bummer.

I'm looking forward to your review!! I never liked grits until recently, but I think I really only like them when they're loaded with cheese, lol.

So only half way through but wanted to comment and let you know i'm following along :lovestruc Love all the quick service reviews since that is more my budget. Totally agree on the white top from blaze and sprinkles being ehhh so/ so. DLuxe is totally on my list after reading about it. Going to read on and see how princess weekend went.

Thank you for joining! We recently started doing more QS too. I love it, there are so many great options out there. I could eat a whole white top myself. Sooo yummy.

What the what?! Great, now I have to figure out how to fit The Wave into my next trip.

Congrats on the race! :)

Thank you!! Everyone keeps saying they had no idea the bottomless mimosas existed hahaha. I love it!!

Bottomless Mimosas for $16? I think that needs to be on my list!

HA! Yes, it does!! :) I had no idea they were there!

YAY for the princess 10 K. Dha nd I ran it last year and I ended up with the flu AND a stomach flu at the start of the race lol! Needless to say my time stunk, BUT I finished it. All I can say is, they need more portapotties (sp?) The races are super addictive though. I would sincerely LOVE to train for each and every one they have!

Thank you so much for the swell review of the Wave. We are trying this for the first time and super excited! I keep reading great things and yours solidified my choice even more!

Oh noooooo!! Great for you for finishing, I would've let them sweep me right outta there, lol. Crazy how many potties there are and still they could always use more. I wish I would've caught onto the races sooner, but my wallet is probably glad I haven't, lol.

I hope you enjoy The Wave! I'd love to get back there, for dinner, too. It is a hidden gem for sure.

Fish, fish? Do I smell fish? Wonder what that could be? :-)

So glad you all enjoyed The Wave. Kicking myself for not getting back there on either of our last two trips. And kicking myself even more for not knowing about unlimited mimosas. Seriously, how is there unlimited alcohol in the world that I do not know about :drinking1

Massive props for doing the 10K and then traversing Epcot afterwards. All that back and forth between WS and Future World, no clue how you did that and then coupled with drinking around the world on top of that. Ashley I am not worthy :worship:

Oh noooooo!! Great for you for finishing, I would've let them sweep me right outta there, lol. Crazy how many potties there are and still they could always use more. I wish I would've caught onto the races sooner, but my wallet is probably glad I haven't, lol.

I hope you enjoy The Wave! I'd love to get back there, for dinner, too. It is a hidden gem for sure.

we trained SO hard, so I was NOT giving up. LOTS of potties AFTER mile 1. Tummy issues started right before that. I am determined to try another one though!

We are doing both breakfast and dinner next trip. I hear so many good things... although the fish smell might kill DH lol

I love your reviews...all of them! And they did not mention bottomless mimosas at the Wave when we went last year. A reason to go on this trip as well then :D

Oh my... bottomless mimosa... for $16. I pay $16 for one mimosa at the airport every time I fly to Orlando. For just one.

You are such a trooper making it the whole day in Epcot on barely any sleep, AND after a race! I hope you thanked the Phoenicians... for your nap :rotfl:

That drink Justin got at Rose and Crown sounds interesting! I actually just went inside the pub there for the first time myself. It was our last stop of the night and I'd had a few already so I just stuck with a Smithwick's. Super cute bartenders, however, and a very lively crowd!

Your pizza looks so good. I can never branch away from the carciofi but the Quattro formaggi looks great also! I can't believe your friends missed out on that in favor of the America quick service :sad2: I'm all about a good Disney nugget but not if that means missing via napoli!!!

Wow! I'm exhausted for you just reading that trip report! I probably would have packed it in too, also I am in the category of people who have never tried VN...and probalby won't on my next scheduled trip either. LOL! It is on the "eventually" list.

I've never tried the breakfast buffet at The Wave, although my husband is insisting we did. No, we haven't. LOL. Anyway, really want to give it a try! That pizza at Via Napoli looks sooo yummy! Congrats on finishing the marathon, getting up so early, & doing the park all day. That's a feat in itself!

DISNEY SPRINGS DAY - MORIMOTO ASIA, AMORETTE'S, AND SPRINKLES

On Sunday, my girlfriends were leaving and Justin had plans, so it was an impromptu Disney Springs day! I originally wanted to go to a park, but my friends' tickets were up and they didn't want to upgrade the day prior, so we decided to shop around and just enjoy the day together until they had to leave.

Justin and his brother are really into Nascar, so his brother and his brother's girlfriend flew down from Richmond to meet up with him for the Daytona 500. Justin said there was no way he'd miss it since we'd coincidentally be there that weekend. So he was gone nearly all day, but had a blast and I'm so glad they could go.

I was actually kind of looking forward to some alone time in the World! I got in touch with my friends and they were up and moving around 9:30, so I relaxed that morning and we agreed to meet up around 11:30. I had a little Clif bar from the snack box and headed over to DS a bit early.

So this is where I will absolutely rave about our room location! With DVC, the studios have two categories: standard and preferred. I wasn't about to use more points on a preferred view, so we went with Standard. I did, however, request to be close to Disney Springs. I thought nothing of it, but we ended up with a great location.

We were in the Paddocks, building 6. It backed up to the water, and was right next to the Preferred buildings.

8036F132-332D-42CA-BDEC-829F42611296_zpszblf5aic.jpg

4792C97F-A9BF-4D67-8229-4A1CE6D1FC3E_zpsmvdajxrk.jpg

I made a few wrong turns, but there were plenty of signs pointing me to Disney Springs, and after maybe 5-10 minutes, I had made it.

0035F169-42F8-414F-A1AA-3AF8541D85DC_zpsi7atfvvb.jpg

CCECA10C-3269-4924-8CA5-11A1E2A1EADF_zpssmrnv7gm.jpg

We did some shopping and I found my newest obsession in the pantry store. SPICES!

0C7E646E-268F-4049-B00A-443531831EAF_zps9oqazyeg.jpg

I love to cook so any of this kind of stuff is right up my alley. Maybe it's been there all along, maybe it's new. I'm not sure. But they had a ton of awesome spices (this is probably 1/6 of what they actually have).

I loved this one, ha!

F4A72211-AA45-44EB-BC4A-C9E684123A62_zpsj3nfv6ky.jpg

So they had little packets you could by, they had shakers and graters, gift sets, etc.

This smelled amazing!

358E2D2B-535A-491A-AEC4-9042A7F9968B_zpsjqpcba5a.jpg

I ended up with three, I had to limit myself. A pink Himalayan sea salt (because I lost ours once by accidentally dumping the entire container on a pork roast and the floor :sad2:), a garlic medley for veggies and meat, and a Bourbon Black Walnut sugar that is great in coffee.

We shopped a bit more, and came across this gem... Woof.

5DD18BB3-C901-4C11-BBC5-9E30DECE99A0_zpsbvc06amp.jpg

Emma Watson is gorgeous but between the mug and the doll, what in the fresh heck!?

A little while later, we were getting hungry and we decided that since we were adults, we could start with dessert at Amorette's.

I had not yet been to Amorette's, but OMG. I wanted one of everything.

We were seriously drooling as we walked along the case. We were torn between a few. The key lime pie (next to the Mickey) sounded delicious, as did the blueberry lemon cheesecake (far right with the yellow and blue). I am a sucker for anything berry with lemon.

521DA5CB-6C02-44EE-AADA-3F3220C907E9_zpsfn4anqwl.jpg

96EB36CD-B68C-42FE-A76C-F5168523B60F_zpsh9vustnd.jpg

But what sounded even better? CARROT CAKE.

AFD693F2-3A79-4442-9C6F-372B2C4EB13E_zpsnfwkz0xb.jpg

We decided on the Carrot Patch, which was carrot cake with white chocolate cream cheese mousse and salted caramel pearls ($8.00).

We also decided to each get a macaron. They were $3 each or 5 for $12, so we ended up with 5.

We did two pistachio, two salted caramel, and I think the last one was a lemon.

7ECA7DD2-0733-44E0-B702-3DE27D67166D_zpsaygjzrs5.jpg

873C3538-94F8-4F50-B367-CC002DCD6A1D_zpsqxlh4ley.jpg

I can't even explain the carrot cake. Ugh, it was so good. I feel like a lot of times cream cheese icing gets really thick and rich. This wasn't the case, it was definitely more of a mousse that was light. I really like my cake cold, as opposed to room temp, and this was nice and chilled. The outer shell wasn't hard, it was more of just a soft coating. The salted caramel pearls on top were fine, it was basically just hard sugar.

The macarons were delicious as well. I really liked the pistachio. D had the lemon and a salted caramel and she really liked both. A and I shared the other salted caramel and both agreed that the pistachio was much better and the salted caramel just kind of had a "meh" burnt taste to it.

This was a delicious way to share a little treat! At $8 for just the cake it wasn't cheap. I could've totally eaten a whole carrot cake alone :rolleyes1 but it was great to split a little something.

We decided it was lunch time, and we had no clue what we'd want to eat. Since the girls both had flights back that night, they wanted a substantial meal that would keep them full during their traveling.

I looked online and rattled off practically every restaurant (ok, I skipped TRex and Rainforest, how selfish of me). We were in the area of Frontera Cocina so we thought we'd give that a try. It had a 45 minute wait.

289AEBC6-7EEE-4A94-92E4-9E756634517A_zpsmveezqmx.jpg

They were shocked as I silently whispered under my breath "This is why you make reservations.." I'm kidding, I knew we really didn't need an ADR that day since we had no real plans, and the planner in me was having a little bit of a hard time with it. We ended up outside of Morimoto, and decided to see what the wait was like there. It was kind of do-or-die, since D had to leave around 3:30 to catch a bus back to All Stars to get to the airport.

D0A5993F-D04F-4DD3-AD0E-6649FBCF746D_zpsr8hbydea.jpg

There was a 25 minute wait but thankfully they had lots of open seats by the bar, so we sat over there! This restaurant is gorgeous. Prior to that trip, Justin and I hadn't really thought to eat there. We had a great Chinese place back home in PA and we just thought we'd get around to it eventually. The decor inside is absolutely beautiful.

I thought the water glasses here were a nice touch.

84A57B67-058A-4639-9E3D-D933384E634A_zpscffasei3.jpg

We all decided to do apps as our meals. I was in the mood for sushi once I saw it on the menu.

BBD63C5C-0014-486C-97CA-B8865469911D_zpsfrb1uz6k.jpg

They had a lot of delicious sounding appetizers.

I decided to go with the spider roll.

A45D16B6-6624-4276-B770-955C963DCCFF_zpssmldarhx.jpg

29E3F67A-9522-4CD7-B718-A7F4869252D3_zpsxpylenop.jpg

Spider Roll - Tempura Soft Shell Crab, Spicy Mayo, Cucumber, Asparagus - $13.00

A ordered the same, and also had spring rolls:

95DE1460-B3F6-47CD-8BC8-A0AAE0BCEEB8_zps8wuypxec.jpg

• Pork egg roll - pork, cabbage - $8.00

D ordered the dim sum. I can't remember if she had chicken or pork.

2377F679-6F7D-45A6-9AE1-9BBBC90066BA_zpsp3utoa2x.jpg

• Pork Dumplings - pork, napa cabbage, scallion - $11.00

Overall, I thought the apps were wonderful! Our server was really great, too. The meal didn't take too long and it wasn't super filling but also didn't leave me starving. I think it could've used a lot more spicy mayo, actually I had to cut one of the rolls open to find it. It was a little messy but overall, so delicious! I have been wanting to try Splitsville for their sushi too, so we'll have to see how they compare.

D really liked her dim sum and the spring rolls got high marks as well. I would absolutely go back and make a meal out of appetizers again.

I think it's 1 dining plan credit for lunch, so I can see how that would be a good deal. I haven't seen the whole menu at dinner to really know if it would be worth 2 credits or not. It is definitely good food, and much more upscale than any Asian restaurant I've ever been to.

Next up, I find a new favorite beer & give Sprinkles another try.

Last edited:
Yay Morimoto- that place is fantastic. I wasn't crazy about the dumplings but I love their sushi and other apps. The only real entrees we have had were ramen, and they have been amazing, so I really can't see where this would be a two credit dinner... but maybe they do a steak or something I haven't seen yet! Admittedly we have only eaten in the bar because I love doing Disney Springs as a "fly by the seat of your pants" experience. I'm looking forward to getting back there in just a few short weeks!

How dare Justin abandon you for some cars making the same turns over and over... just kidding as I have heard NASCAR races are super fun and once you go, you "get it". I don't need another addiction so I'll stick with the mouse ;)

We'll have to check out the spices! But I'm cheap so we just order our pink Himalayan salt on Amazon and use it in a Tupperware grinder. R's mom is like the queen of Tupperware so we have the best kitchen gizmos.

Gotta say, the Springs is making SSR look more and more desirable. What did you think of the room overall? Did you guys use any amenities like the pool? How were the buses? Sorry for the 900 questions, just curious! I think the theme is fairly appealing, I've just heard bad things about the buses and if I'm going to drive my car to the parks I might as well stay at the Hilton or Wyndham at DS since they're walking distance to Disney Springs too. We have a really small DVC contract but that whole "one transfer of points into your use year" thing really made a bunch of trips work for me this year. A good friend couldn't use her points and transferred me a whole bunch. They're all gone (except 20 lonely points waiting to match a waitlist request) but if my waitlist doesn't match I may try to use them for a quick and dirty weekend visit to the Swan/Dolphin food and wine classic.

Yay Morimoto- that place is fantastic. I wasn't crazy about the dumplings but I love their sushi and other apps. The only real entrees we have had were ramen, and they have been amazing, so I really can't see where this would be a two credit dinner... but maybe they do a steak or something I haven't seen yet! Admittedly we have only eaten in the bar because I love doing Disney Springs as a "fly by the seat of your pants" experience. I'm looking forward to getting back there in just a few short weeks!

How dare Justin abandon you for some cars making the same turns over and over... just kidding as I have heard NASCAR races are super fun and once you go, you "get it". I don't need another addiction so I'll stick with the mouse ;)

We'll have to check out the spices! But I'm cheap so we just order our pink Himalayan salt on Amazon and use it in a Tupperware grinder. R's mom is like the queen of Tupperware so we have the best kitchen gizmos.

Gotta say, the Springs is making SSR look more and more desirable. What did you think of the room overall? Did you guys use any amenities like the pool? How were the buses? Sorry for the 900 questions, just curious! I think the theme is fairly appealing, I've just heard bad things about the buses and if I'm going to drive my car to the parks I might as well stay at the Hilton or Wyndham at DS since they're walking distance to Disney Springs too. We have a really small DVC contract but that whole "one transfer of points into your use year" thing really made a bunch of trips work for me this year. A good friend couldn't use her points and transferred me a whole bunch. They're all gone (except 20 lonely points waiting to match a waitlist request) but if my waitlist doesn't match I may try to use them for a quick and dirty weekend visit to the Swan/Dolphin food and wine classic.

I really enjoyed the sushi! Although the roll was so wide that it was hard to eat, if that makes sense. I love spicy mayo and could've used a ramekin of that.

I have never thought to purchase spices on Amazon. I mean I order just about everything from Prime so you'd think I would've thought of that by now. I bet it's way cheaper!

Justin and his brother are Nascar nuts, hahaha. We have a track in Charlotte so we went to the race in the fall. It's kinda fun but I was glad to stay behind and hang at Disney Springs.

I agree w/ DS being a "fly by the seat of your pants" kinda place. Almost like we just pop over there whenever and don't really ever plan for it. I WILL get to Homecoming this time though, darn it! I think this is the 3rd trip where I've planned to go and we haven't gone.

I LOVED SSR. It is our home resort and we had not yet stayed there. It's really a bargain points-wise and the location we had was perfect. The Paddocks had a bus stop so there was the annoying 5 bus stops before you go anywhere type of a thing, but I didn't notice it much. I think we're going to do a long trip next spring instead of so many little ones. I feel like we're taking 2 days off every time and we feel rushed with only 3 park days, so we're going to try a long one and I think SSR is perfect for it. I love being able to casually walk to DS for dinner or a drink. I do agree if you're going to drive may as well stay off-site and walk to DS if you don't have the points. I actually have thought about it in case we ever run out of DVC points as well, haha. That's awesome that your friend transferred some to you!! We have 150 and we have an October use year so it's like we use most of the current year's in the spring and have to wait until the fall for a second trip because we'll need the next year's points, if that makes sense. So far I have stayed at Aulani, Poly, AKL, and SSR for DVC rooms. I think the rooms at SSR were the most outdated theme-wise, but I liked the theming of the resort overall. Nothing stuck out to me as bad, but it's definitely no Poly, but that's hardly a fair comparison. We didn't get to the pool, but we did see it since it's right near the main building. It looked so nice! The resort is huge overall so I can see not wanting to walk miles and miles just to get to the food court every day. I think we got really lucky with our location.

Thank you so much for your thoughts! It sounds like SSR is perfect if you are savvy on locations and bus stops. I will definitely look forward to giving Saratoga a try.

We have stayed at VGF (my home:cloud9:) but in a 1 bedroom, Kidani, Jambo, Poly, and VWL (I guess it's BRV now ugh). From a room perspective alone not considering anything else about the resort you just can't beat the Poly studio with the two huge bathrooms!! We are staying 5 nights in an Aulani studio in May/June and then 5 nights at the VGF in a studio in October. I'm looking forward to seeing them!

My aunt and uncle are huge huge NASCAR fans - they are pretty well off so they are definitely the most devoted NASCAR fans I know. They have an RV specifically for taking to races. I think I would be happier at Disney Springs too though :)

I agree on the Beauty and the Beast doll, I could not believe how ugly it was. I though it was a joke, I thought this can't really be what they are going with, she looks like Justin Bieber, lol. The cakes from Amorettes look so delicious. We want to try Morimoto for the sushi and appetizers, maybe in August.

Splitsville is one of our faves, their loaded fries and sushi are very good.

Service is always kinda wonky here, it's not that the service is bad (it's not Kona or anything) but it's never particularly amazing, at least in our experience.

This is a perfect description based on the three times we've eaten at Via Napoli, and the one time we went to Kona! :laughing:

I would love to try Morimoto one of these days--from the pics I've seen the restaurant looks gorgeous, and the food looks really good too!

How awesome Justin got to go to the Daytona 500!!! How even awesomer that meant you got to spend the day in DTD!!!!

Those desserts at Amorettes look almost too good to eat. I'm not sure I could have bared to break through to get to the actual carrot cake.

Glad to hear you all enjoyed Morimotos. I'm a sucker for good sushi and love all things dumplings so your food would be right up my alley.

DISNEY SPRINGS: SPRINKLES/DOCKSIDE MARGARITAS/RAGLAN ROAD

We said our goodbyes to D as she headed off to the buses. A and I decided that since we had some time to kill, we'd check out Sprinkles. I mentioned before that while I liked my cupcake I didn't think it was amazing. So I thought I'd try ice cream. I didn't want to fill up too much since I knew Justin and I would probably have dinner that night.

A48E9DD7-D5EB-4417-B97D-06E3BE828B3E_zpspq0frz15.jpg

796E91D9-923A-4207-8D04-DD2B22E76305_zps989jhjh4.jpg

5B4A4BE4-6AB1-43D4-93A4-1FEF11E61B10_zpsexi3drra.jpg

I liked the Cap'n Crunch ice cream, but it was by no means special. I actually thought it would be a lot sweeter than it was. I expected the cereal pieces to be pretty sweet - they weren't as sweet as I thought. I had a little kids cup and it was fine, but I definitely prefer Ample Hills!

A left for the bus so she could head to the airport. So I did what any adult does in Disney, and went off in search of alcohol. I thought about bussing to a park, but Justin would hopefully be back soon so I decided against it.

I was close to Raglan Road and really in the mood for a Magner's Pear Cider, so I stopped by the little bar area outside. They only had dark beer, so I went to the other outdoor bar area between RR and Cookes of Dublin. I stood in line for a few minutes before I realized that the bartender was checking ID's, and like a middle schooler without a hall pass, I froze, then bolted. I realized that Justin still had my ID from the night before!!!!!

:eek: :faint: :scared1:

I forged on and headed to Dockside Margaritas, they had a great looking menu and I decided on an Orange Blossom Pilsner.

D800842B-7F84-4B3E-A7A6-9B1FF1240733_zpsfluqjf3o.jpg

Fortunately the bartender didn't ask me for my ID. I had put my backpack down on the counter to get my wallet out, and sat my cell phone face down next to it. So of course when I put the wallet back in, put the backpack back on, and picked up the shopping bags, beer, and my phone, I had to drop something. And that something is my iPhone. Face down. On the concrete.

Yes, I ran 6.2 miles throughout Epcot, without dropping my phone. Yet I cracked the screen picking up a beer. :confused3

I ended up parking it in the bar area as I checked out my phone to make sure it wasn't too badly damaged (just a small crack that goes across the top). They had live music that night, so I sat there and took it all in and listened for a bit! I really enjoyed it.

8D2797C7-553C-4017-A0C8-3BE48C27475F_zpskhlwygsv.jpg

The Orange Blossom Pilsner was wonderful and light, it reminded me a bit of a Blue Moon, which is one of my favorites.

427B792E-3C7D-401E-A2F0-2B4A0F69BE9F_zpsstb3vzy1.jpg

I ended up having a second beer and perusing some shops before finding a bench and listening to the guy performing some more.

A8D2D135-CFFD-4280-A0B4-664B4470DF9D_zpsqrej16nj.jpg

At some point it was maybe 7:30-8 pm, and I decided to head back to the room. My phone was nearly dead and Justin would be coming back soon, so I thought I'd hang there until he was back and then we'd go find some dinner.

Justin called and said he was stuck in major traffic. Still wanting to wait, I watched some Stacey on repeat, along with the Oscars, and ended up falling asleep for a bit. When he came back he was sunburnt to the nines (I even sent him with sunscreen)! We headed to DS for some food, having no idea what we really wanted. I can't remember the ideas we tossed around, I think we quickly decided on Raglan Road because we knew they had good food and it was getting late (around 10 pm) and we weren't sure what all would be open.

I was dyingggg to go to Homecoming but I was half asleep so I didn't want to sour my experience by not being able to enjoy it! And unfortunately, we decided to hit the road early the next morning and cancelled our Homecoming ADR for the next day. I made Justin promise we could go this time!

Thankfully Raglan Road had no wait, so we were seated right away. Unfortunately this review is going to be pretty boring- I think we just had some waters and our meals and that was it. I wanted so badly to get the Ger's bread and butter pudding, but I didn't have any stomach space left by the end.

Justin ordered the "Burger R Way"

9EB0C1C5-1128-4ACC-BC88-0C30E62090EA_zpsj0fqurup.jpg

Burger 'R' Way - char-grilled sirloin beef burger with bacon, tomato chutney and Dubliner cheddar $16

He's ordered this in the past and enjoys it. He skips the tomato chutney, though! Not sure why it comes with a side of lettuce. The fries are included.

Nothing was jumping out at me, so I went with my old faithful, the fish and chips.

E7C0066A-03B1-4AB3-A3C2-646BCC5974FA_zpskffpaobt.jpg

I love ordering fish and chips when it's on the menu at a place like this. I can name a few places I've been with better fish and chips, one of them being the UK Pavilion at Epcot. For $10 you get just as much food, probably more. The fish and chips here are $21, which is a little pricy for what you get, but they're pretty good nonetheless!

They had a live band as well and they were pretty good, the crowd was loving it. Overall it was a great late-night dinner and we'll keep it in mind for future visits! There is a 10% DVC discount here, which is always appreciated. :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for your thoughts! It sounds like SSR is perfect if you are savvy on locations and bus stops. I will definitely look forward to giving Saratoga a try.

We have stayed at VGF (my home:cloud9:) but in a 1 bedroom, Kidani, Jambo, Poly, and VWL (I guess it's BRV now ugh). From a room perspective alone not considering anything else about the resort you just can't beat the Poly studio with the two huge bathrooms!! We are staying 5 nights in an Aulani studio in May/June and then 5 nights at the VGF in a studio in October. I'm looking forward to seeing them!

My aunt and uncle are huge huge NASCAR fans - they are pretty well off so they are definitely the most devoted NASCAR fans I know. They have an RV specifically for taking to races. I think I would be happier at Disney Springs too though :)

Ah, VGF as a home! How awesome. I adore the Poly studio as well- I feel like I hear a lot of people say they don't like it because it's only studios, but it totally works for us, for now. Your upcoming trips sound amaaaazing!!

I agree on the Beauty and the Beast doll, I could not believe how ugly it was. I though it was a joke, I thought this can't really be what they are going with, she looks like Justin Bieber, lol. The cakes from Amorettes look so delicious. We want to try Morimoto for the sushi and appetizers, maybe in August.

Splitsville is one of our faves, their loaded fries and sushi are very good.

Haha, I thought it was a joke, too! It really is not as good as it could have been. We really enjoyed Morimoto!

This is a perfect description based on the three times we've eaten at Via Napoli, and the one time we went to Kona! :laughing:

I would love to try Morimoto one of these days--from the pics I've seen the restaurant looks gorgeous, and the food looks really good too!

HA, their service is unfortunately not the best, ugh! Too bad both of those places are great food-wise. The restaurant really was gorgeous, I'm glad we could get in there on such late notice.

Following along

Thanks for joining! :)

How awesome Justin got to go to the Daytona 500!!! How even awesomer that meant you got to spend the day in DTD!!!!

Those desserts at Amorettes look almost too good to eat. I'm not sure I could have bared to break through to get to the actual carrot cake.

Glad to hear you all enjoyed Morimotos. I'm a sucker for good sushi and love all things dumplings so your food would be right up my alley.

Haha, he absolutely loved it! I went to the race in Charlotte in October, it was fun, but you won't catch me leaving DTD to sit at a race track. ;)

I am longing to go back to Amorette's. The carrot cake was awesome and that blueberry lemon cheesecake might have to be my next stop.

Can't wait to get back to Morimoto's. I think you guys would really enjoy their "slushi"!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter