We only live 8 hours away now, that means we can go once a month, right?! -- 7/19 Homecomin'

Your BOG meal looks so yummy...trying to score a reservation for lunch or dinner during our upcoming trip!

D-Luxe burger looks really good! I kind of wish Chris and I had gone there instead of Blaze back in Nov. but he was in the mood for pizza. It wasn't bad by any means but it's not somewhere I feel I need to go back to.

I had to get my all-time favorite the.. Carrot Cake Cookie!!
Oh, yeah :cool1:

Unfortunately, overall, I have to say I wasn't thrilled with the cupcake.
Good to know. I've debated trying Sprinkles, but there are so many awesome dessert options in DS and all over the place, I don't want to waste calories lol. And I've read other reports that they aren't that great.

Considering this is the girl who broke into the fridge (yes, you read that right) on her first day home alone, and managed to eat almost an entire leftover Thanksgiving pie
I remember reading this on FB :rotfl2:

That's when one of the girls said "Well I'd really like to eat dinner at Be Our Guest."

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
:sad2: :faint: But I'm glad you found one!

Usually we wouldn't drive to MK, but for some reason this day we thought it would be a good idea (WRONG)!
What are you, new? :D

My salad was exactly what I needed, nothing too heavy. There was a ton of chicken in it, so much that I left some behind. The dressing was creamy and garlick-y. I definitely had garlic breath the rest of the day :crazy2:
Steve had this salad in Nov. and loved it, too

Steak: I thought my steak was great.
I've had the steak there 4 or 5x and it's always cooked perfectly, same for Chris. I can't say it's the best steak I've had on property but I keep going back!

So BOG used to serve the Grey Stuff as a cookie. We must have caught them in between the switch, because now it looks different. That night, they only had the cupcakes served at lunch, so we all got those.
I think you lucked out getting the grey stuff cupcakes, because I've found the bar to be a bit hard. I'll be happy if they continue to serve the cupcake at lunch

Your review of BOG dinner sounded fantastic, so I'm surprised that you weren't really that impressed in the end, or maybe it was just one guest's perspective. I have only been there for breakfast and lunch, love it at lunch, but I'll be honest for the dinner cost, I have been very hesitant, but your descriptions of the meals certainly made it sound worthwhile. I adore those cupcakes, so there is no way I would be sharing one. LOL!

Signing on! Also in PA thinking of doing the move to NC.... Any tips? Where about did you move? We both have careers that can kind of let us move anywhere.

Love dining reviews, and love Run Disney! Really looking forward to all of your posts! Feel free to PM me with NC info, I don't want to clog up your reviews :D

Omg. Losing one of my kids in Disney is my worst fear. I obsess over it before we leave and tell my kids over and over again that they can't wander off. The last time we went my kids were only 18mo and 3, so they were pretty easy to keep track of. 4 and 6 is a big difference and they're both at the stage of wanting to look and touch EVERYTHING they see. It really only takes a second....

I bought little wrist bands that have our names and phone numbers inside for this trip. Hopefully that makes me a bit less panicky in the parks. Probably not tho lol.

D-Luxe burger looks really good! I kind of wish Chris and I had gone there instead of Blaze back in Nov. but he was in the mood for pizza. It wasn't bad by any means but it's not somewhere I feel I need to go back to.

Oh, yeah :cool1:

Good to know. I've debated trying Sprinkles, but there are so many awesome dessert options in DS and all over the place, I don't want to waste calories lol. And I've read other reports that they aren't that great.

I remember reading this on FB :rotfl2:

:sad2: :faint: But I'm glad you found one!

What are you, new? :D

Steve had this salad in Nov. and loved it, too

I've had the steak there 4 or 5x and it's always cooked perfectly, same for Chris. I can't say it's the best steak I've had on property but I keep going back!

I think you lucked out getting the grey stuff cupcakes, because I've found the bar to be a bit hard. I'll be happy if they continue to serve the cupcake at lunch

LOL, you'd think I'm new at this! IDK what the heck we were thinking. Never again!!

Amorette's, which we tried later in the trip, totally beats Sprinkles, IMO! I did really enjoy Deluxe burger. I think your guys would enjoy it too!

I was pretty impressed with BOG, I swear I read sometimes that people say it isn't as good as it used to be, etc. but I was pretty impressed with the steak for a 1 credit place. I think I would've enjoyed it more with a fingerling potato but that's probably personal preference.

Your review of BOG dinner sounded fantastic, so I'm surprised that you weren't really that impressed in the end, or maybe it was just one guest's perspective. I have only been there for breakfast and lunch, love it at lunch, but I'll be honest for the dinner cost, I have been very hesitant, but your descriptions of the meals certainly made it sound worthwhile. I adore those cupcakes, so there is no way I would be sharing one. LOL!

I think it was just that we have tried a few of the Disney signatures and we think those are better, which they probably should be! BOG is a great one-credit spot. I think we both kinda just left feeling like we could've spent $30-ish more and had a better meal at a signature, that's all! Looking back I did really enjoy my steak and you can't beat dining in the ballroom. I wish I would've had my own cupcake for sure. ;)

Signing on! Also in PA thinking of doing the move to NC.... Any tips? Where about did you move? We both have careers that can kind of let us move anywhere.

Love dining reviews, and love Run Disney! Really looking forward to all of your posts! Feel free to PM me with NC info, I don't want to clog up your reviews :D

Hey there! Absolutely PM me with any questions that you have. We moved from Erie PA (I am originally from Pittsburgh though, and all of my family is still there) to Charlotte NC. We are actually building a house just south of the NC border in South Carolina in a town called Indian Land. The Charlotte area is really nice. Housing is a lot less expensive around here, but you do kind of need to get into the outskirts of the city and it does come with a commute if you work "uptown" (downtown). I drive uptown for work every day, but plenty of people that work in the area don't actually work uptown. My husband and I both work in insurance, he's in the suburbs for work and has a minimal commute! So far we've been here 5 months and we really enjoy it. The weather is a huge perk, after living in snow for so long we are glad we took the plunge. It's also really nice being so close to the beach, the mountains, Florida, etc. The taxes are a LOT lower than they are in PA. My mom was just commenting on that yesterday. No local tax and the property taxes are a lot lower than up north. SC actually has even lower property taxes (Fort Mill/Indian Land area) than NC. From what I understand, CMS (Charlotte-Mecklenburg School district, which serves Mecklenburg county, the county Charlotte is in) is not great. The schools in Fort Mill/Indian Land are a lot better. I also hear Raleigh-Durham is REALLY up and coming as well! Let me know if you have any other questions, I'm happy to answer!

Hey there! Absolutely PM me with any questions that you have. We moved from Erie PA (I am originally from Pittsburgh though, and all of my family is still there) to Charlotte NC. We are actually building a house just south of the NC border in South Carolina in a town called Indian Land. The Charlotte area is really nice. Housing is a lot less expensive around here, but you do kind of need to get into the outskirts of the city and it does come with a commute if you work "uptown" (downtown). I drive uptown for work every day, but plenty of people that work in the area don't actually work uptown. My husband and I both work in insurance, he's in the suburbs for work and has a minimal commute! So far we've been here 5 months and we really enjoy it. The weather is a huge perk, after living in snow for so long we are glad we took the plunge. It's also really nice being so close to the beach, the mountains, Florida, etc. The taxes are a LOT lower than they are in PA. My mom was just commenting on that yesterday. No local tax and the property taxes are a lot lower than up north. SC actually has even lower property taxes (Fort Mill/Indian Land area) than NC. From what I understand, CMS (Charlotte-Mecklenburg School district, which serves Mecklenburg county, the county Charlotte is in) is not great. The schools in Fort Mill/Indian Land are a lot better. I also hear Raleigh-Durham is REALLY up and coming as well! Let me know if you have any other questions, I'm happy to answer!

wow, thank you so much for all that info! DH wants to be near mountains, and that is about all I know so far lol! That and it has to be a great school district. DH is a nurse, I am a dog walker/pet sitter, so we can both move anywhere really. We don't own now, thats why we"d like to move. SO much more house/land for your money. Im glad you say that you like it, I was wondering what kind of transition it would be. Super happy for you!

Looks like you all had a great meal at BoG, so glad your persistence paid off so your friends could try it. Though I'd have to agree with Justin on the signatures. I've found for non-signature meals, "ethnic" (Sanaa, Yak n Yeti, Via Napoli) tends to be the better bet than more Americanized versions with steak or other proteins just because the quality difference can be so much. It's not bad by any stretch of the imagination, but once you know what a steak at a signature can be everything else just fails in comparison. Except for bread and butter. That's good everywhere :-)

wow, thank you so much for all that info! DH wants to be near mountains, and that is about all I know so far lol! That and it has to be a great school district. DH is a nurse, I am a dog walker/pet sitter, so we can both move anywhere really. We don't own now, thats why we"d like to move. SO much more house/land for your money. Im glad you say that you like it, I was wondering what kind of transition it would be. Super happy for you!

Aw, thank you so much! If you find you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to PM me! There are a few big hospital systems here, Carolina Health Systems and Novant Health. I think Raleigh/Durham and Chapel Hill is a little more mountainous and I think with Duke/UNC and NC State they probably have medical stuff, too! You can definitely buy a lot more for your money here. My mom commented how ridiculous the COL is up north compared to here and I think I have to agree. Although rent here is a LOT more expensive, at least near Charlotte!

Looks like you all had a great meal at BoG, so glad your persistence paid off so your friends could try it. Though I'd have to agree with Justin on the signatures. I've found for non-signature meals, "ethnic" (Sanaa, Yak n Yeti, Via Napoli) tends to be the better bet than more Americanized versions with steak or other proteins just because the quality difference can be so much. It's not bad by any stretch of the imagination, but once you know what a steak at a signature can be everything else just fails in comparison. Except for bread and butter. That's good everywhere :-)

I think I agree, that's a great way to put it. I feel like a lot of the Americanized stuff isn't anything special. Once you start on the signatures though, nothing else compares! ;)

Aw, thank you so much! If you find you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to PM me! There are a few big hospital systems here, Carolina Health Systems and Novant Health. I think Raleigh/Durham and Chapel Hill is a little more mountainous and I think with Duke/UNC and NC State they probably have medical stuff, too! You can definitely buy a lot more for your money here. My mom commented how ridiculous the COL is up north compared to here and I think I have to agree. Although rent here is a LOT more expensive, at least near Charlotte!

;)

I cant imagine rent is pricier than what we pay now. At least I hope not... thanks for the positivity though!

ENCHANTED 10K & THE WAVE BREAKFAST

We made it back to Saratoga Springs in time to get to bed around 11:30, and we'd be up a few hours later for the race. I laid out my outfit, shoes, etc. I woke up around 2:45, changed and brushed my teeth & washed my face, and was on my way! Justin nicely offered to drive me over to the main building area, since we were still pretty unfamiliar with SSR. So he got up at 3 AM to drive me over, and I was so thankful for that!

I HATE being late so I was super early, but buses start around 3:15 and run until 4:00. I was among the first people on the bus and we were one of the first buses to arrive, but I was excited! I ate a Nature Valley (breakfast #1) and drank some water while I waited for my friends to arrive. They had some princesses meeting, a DJ, and some fun stuff going on before the race.

My friends arrived and we moved towards the corrals for a 5:30 AM start. We actually probably started around 6:00 since we were in corral D.

40789A27-39AE-4800-A775-F990A7359CB0_zpsmsrso6k5.jpg

We started off on the road, where we spotted Moana on an overpass... aren't all Princesses on an overpass at 6 AM? No? Okay.

C5CAFC85-7463-4278-ADDC-EA6E531F1B63_zpsxw2sqtd6.jpg

This was our selfie at the 1 mile mark. We started off strong and ran most of the way for the first few miles.

1A817FA7-AC21-424E-B2EA-B09DF73AA86C_zpsj7ooacia.jpg

Mile 2!

B4956601-3B76-4EE5-8825-E6693989FFDF_zpsqixc9gru.jpg

Mile 3:

34DFEF13-6A94-49AC-8566-BD55D61BAE5B_zpsyvoftbav.jpg

037C2251-B3BC-4B19-B0F8-4F4D8FD14B0E_zpslptgyiws.jpg

We opted not to wait in line for the Princesses, so we just got pics with the F&G topiaries instead.

47E00C22-4559-41D2-A132-DD180CD3F675_zpsvda6ph8m.jpg

4B8D251D-40F7-4B0A-9093-A52C650EFC72_zpspawrdtfr.jpg

We spotted Dopey!

0805A818-F153-4B71-B3E4-F527D7681F06_zps2pwjjtci.jpg

13EB9857-F40D-4136-AB45-AFE6B1597CB9_zpsosjcnabi.jpg

We hit mile 5 in Epcot.

BDDAFE54-D2D1-4E7C-90AE-FF6CA346F752_zpsrkyd8qto.jpg

And Mile 6!

79FA0E50-2B6C-4DF0-8469-7384F0E15077_zpsmqlkzwv3.jpg

And we're done!

6C6D1FAC-64EF-4F14-9911-F77B0CD9BF9F_zpsi4qnakqg.jpg

890F74CC-6CA7-42CD-9DAB-E5B824F32EB4_zpsjybnwfbt.jpg

I think based on the clock it said we finished in 2:30, but we really finished around 1:45 since we were farther back in the corrals.

Overall, it was a SUPER FUN race! We alternated walking/running for the last half or more of the race. A lot of people walked, especially at the Boardwalk since it was dewy and slippy, so it was actually hard to run around people and we ended up walking at least the last mile or mile and a half.

If you think you're not in enough shape to do a 10K, you're wrong! People of all shapes and sizes and ages were out that morning. I was honestly terrified about being swept, I know they have I think a 16 min/mile limit and I thought for sure we'd be walking and we'd get swept. First, the balloon ladies are at the end of the pack, so if you're in a corral that's not in the back, you already have a head start. Second, I saw so many people, including people with injuries, that were still going strong towards the end!

RunDisney gave us each a snack box and had some Powerades and waters for us.

D629C878-1373-48E4-9CB2-6CE3252A42C6_zpsyqbqq2qt.jpg

I got on my bus to SSR while my friends headed towards All Stars. I opened my snack box for a little something to tide me over until brunch.. liquid cheese and nacho chips at 8:30 am? Why not!?

E96E8A35-C3E1-4AB8-A8F3-7ACB966392AB_zpsn50sx4gn.jpg

Fortunately we were able to push our 10 AM ADR at The Wave to 10:30 via the MDE app. This bought us a little time between the end of the race and leaving for the buses to get to our reservation. I had just enough time to shower and put my feet up for 10 minutes before it was time to leave.

I snapped this pic on my way back to the room. We stayed at The Paddocks at SSR and it was a perfect spot.

8D3FF5D2-8CDA-47AF-96AC-297D084E8EB9_zpspg9ygz0r.jpg

We got to the Contemporary just in time for our meal. I had really been wanting to try The Wave's breakfast buffet for quite some time.

060756FB-2AFC-437B-994E-DDA5555A56C6_zps8pnv91jo.jpg

Mmmmmm.... can you smell the fish?

Just kidding. I didn't notice it, but a few people have said The Wave reeks of fish!

We were seated and had a lovely server. She suggested the buffet and told us that the a la carte items are almost all also featured on the buffet. So all six of us decided to go with that.

Ever since we'd booked it for a post-race meal, I had one thing on my mind... MIMOSAS! And thankfully, they made a delicious Mimosa. They're $10 each, but you can do BOTTOMLESS MIMOSAS (yes, BOTTOMLESS) for $6 more, which is a pretty good deal if you plan to have more than one. Knowing how exhausted I was and that I'd be drinking at Epcot, I just did one. But they had a choice of orange, pineapple, and cranberry juice.

The buffet had quite a few unique items. Here's my first plate:

92D10380-DEB0-45A8-B48B-ECCAFCB0FB93_zpsymdai7rb.jpg

Starting at the multi grain Mickey waffle and going right, we have an egg white frittata, a berry danish-type pastry, a biscuit, a sausage link, a piece of limp and lifeless Disney bacon, and eggs benedict with Key Lime hollandaise.

And Justin's plate:

D41E51DF-38DF-4B50-B2F0-E6521A14CCDA_zps98rs1gci.jpg

Starting at the top and working right he has a cheesy hashbrown casserole (how the heck did I miss that!?!), a biscuit with gravy, scrambled eggs (they may have been cheesy, but I don't remember), eggs benedict w/ key lime hollandaise, ham and cheese pinwheels, sausage, bacon, a croissant, a cream cheese pastry, and more bacon.

So, I was really happy with just about everything I ate! By far the best thing on this plate was the eggs benedict, it was really delicious. The key lime hollandaise was tart and just went so well with the eggs. Justin didn't like it as much, but I think it was just too out of his comfort zone and he didn't like the limey-ness of the sauce.

They do serve multigrain Mickey waffles here which taste just as good as the normal ones :)

I generally don't think Disney buffet pastries are anything special, but Justin and our friends really liked the cream cheese one (it was almost like a cinnamon roll with cream cheese), and I loved the berry danish I had! It seemed light like strawberry.

The biscuit was good, I had mine with butter and jelly. Justin liked the sausage gravy, too.

He LOVED, for some reason, the ham and cheese pinwheels.

The sausage here was good, a change from the usual patties you see on buffets.

The only gross thing I absolutely hated (as did everyone else) was the egg white frittata. It was super sponge-y and just not good. Kinda bland and meh.

They also had some delicious yogurt parfaits on the buffet.

CC7EF9EF-11F4-434B-8B93-3E57D67C8A6B_zpsaabsmstf.jpg

95203AE5-61EC-42D9-8A59-04C34F802E8C_zpskyuuhp3n.jpg

5A22725E-9B1C-4509-82A4-DFCB136DB6C8_zpsq0xnj24s.jpg

They had honey vanilla, a banana caramel with white chocolate, and one with fresh berries. They also had fresh fruit cups. A few of us had the yogurt parfaits and liked them, especially the Banana/Caramel/White Chocolate. That one went over pretty well!

I had a second plate:

B52DA47D-5336-4089-9983-5518EF5D6A97_zpsgogmlzlt.jpg

This time my plate included a yogurt parfait, sweet potato pancakes, and Tillamook cheddar grits with bacon!

I didn't love the yogurt (it was a weird texture, almost gritty) but I LOVED the grits and pancakes!! They bring the special pecan honey butter to the table and it goes amazingly on the pancakes. And the grits... a mahhhh zing! They were so good. I wish I would've had some sooner because I was too full by the time I got to them.

Overall, I'd give The Wave at least an 8 or 9 out of 10. The service we had was really great, and the food was delicious. I definitely think this is somewhere we'll stop again. Sometimes I hate spending so much on breakfast, but it kept us full for a LONG time, especially as we headed to Epcot to drink around the World.

Great review of the race! Looks like a lot of fun with your friends. We love the wave breakfast too!

you can do BOTTOMLESS MIMOSAS (yes, BOTTOMLESS) for $6 more
GAME CHANGER! Can't believe I didn't know this...

They do serve multigrain Mickey waffles here which taste just as good as the normal ones :)
Normally i am not a multigrain person but I agree - they taste just like the normal waffles to me!

YOu girls look like you are having sooo much fun on that race course!!! I've yet to do rundisney with others, but it just seems so awesome! AND that breakfast, really a post-race meal should always be a buffet, so can eat all the things!!!

Great job with the 10k, looks like you had a nice time. I loved the sweet potato pancakes and the grits at The Wave, I would go back just for those! I agree with you it is a good buffet. It looks like many choices of different things so that is always a plus.

We started off on the road, where we spotted Moana on an overpass... aren't all Princesses on an overpass at 6 AM? No? Okay.
That's fantastic with her up there!

We got to the Contemporary just in time for our meal. I had really been wanting to try The Wave's breakfast buffet for quite some time.
I've been wanting to try the Wave breakfast buffet for awhile now, too........

BOTTOMLESS MIMOSAS
And this makes me want to even more! I had no idea!

The only gross thing I absolutely hated (as did everyone else) was the egg white frittata. It was super sponge-y and just not good. Kinda bland and meh.
Everything looks great but I'm kind of disappointed to read this, because I know I had an egg white frittata somewhere else down there and loved it. Maybe it was a bad frittata day?

They had honey vanilla, a banana caramel with white chocolate, and one with fresh berries
I'm not a yogurt person because I generally stick to foods that are in no way healthy, but the honey vanilla and especially the banana caramel with white chocolate sound delicious! Steve loves yogurt so I think he'd enjoy this option.

Tillamook cheddar grits with bacon!
I have an issue with grits so I never try them but cheddar and bacon? Might have to make an exception.....

We have this booked for our trip this month. I toyed with cancelling but it's somewhere I have in the back of my mind to try and I know if I don't go, it'll keep popping up for me as somewhere to cross off my list so I've decided to keep it. Your review has me really looking forward to it!

So only half way through but wanted to comment and let you know i'm following along :lovestruc Love all the quick service reviews since that is more my budget. Totally agree on the white top from blaze and sprinkles being ehhh so/ so. DLuxe is totally on my list after reading about it. Going to read on and see how princess weekend went.

They're $10 each, but you can do BOTTOMLESS MIMOSAS (yes, BOTTOMLESS) for $6 more, which is a pretty good deal if you plan to have more than one.

What the what?! Great, now I have to figure out how to fit The Wave into my next trip.

Congrats on the race! :)

YAY for the princess 10 K. Dha nd I ran it last year and I ended up with the flu AND a stomach flu at the start of the race lol! Needless to say my time stunk, BUT I finished it. All I can say is, they need more portapotties (sp?) The races are super addictive though. I would sincerely LOVE to train for each and every one they have!

Thank you so much for the swell review of the Wave. We are trying this for the first time and super excited! I keep reading great things and yours solidified my choice even more!

DRINKS AROUND THE WORLD & VIA NAPOLI

After our delicious breakfast/brunch at The Wave, it was nearing noon and we were ready to head to Epcot! We took the monorail over (B's first time and he thought it was pretty cool).

We started our afternoon in Mexico with a margarita. I can't wait for the Margarita booth to come back to see what it's all about. In the meantime they have margaritas at La Cantina, so Justin and I shared, and A & D shared, while C and B (I'm not sure if I can keep up with all of these letters anymore HA!) headed off in search of beer.

19FA076B-8409-4C68-85FA-5894337D2E8E_zpsuyltlt7m.jpg

We shared a frozen mango margarita. Yum!

E36FCCD3-D5D4-44BB-9E6A-2B5965B91F57_zpsxduhayaq.jpg

A & D split a lime margarita. They originally planned to each get their own drink in every country, but that was quickly squashed when they realized how hot it would be and how much alcohol it would be. So at each place, they just asked for two cups. Perfect!

439CD13D-3791-4563-B240-B7670DAB4455_zpsd8c37e20.jpg

We weren't climbing the pyramids just yet! Close.

We skipped Norway, even though we intended to get something in each country. We intended to come back, but never did.

We ended up in Germany since we knew C & B were there to find beer. While there, we had to get something from Karamell Kuche.

2B39DF6F-EE4E-42BC-860D-7840725CF92A_zpsgrbdgq4x.jpg

Ugh, I could stand there all day and smell that caramel. A few of us got popcorn and saved it for later. D and I also split a Schofferhofer Grapefruit.. the very best. :banana:

It was now time for our Soarin' FP's! Love the new movie. After that we just had to rest our feet for a bit so we hung out in The Land pavilion around Sunshine Seasons. Three of us were exhausted from the race, so our feet were killin' us! At that point it was close to 3 pm. We had dinner at 7:20, and figured by the time we left the park and got back, we'd literally have an hour to rest before needing to come back to the park, so we decided to forge on.

We continued on our trek and ended up somewhere Justin and I have never set foot..

633C3E8E-15B1-4F0E-998D-91426295AB09_zpseodzqsxk.jpg

The Rose & Crown pub!

Somehow we've always skipped this and just opted for a drink from the little stand outside. Well after this trip, we'll definitely be coming back here. They had some of the best drinks we never knew existed. I knew they served drinks in there but for some reason we always just passed by.

It was packed in there that day.

615A4565-C8FD-406E-A3EF-4477199E0E52_zpsd6wsnmky.jpg

FC1E55C5-126A-4ADE-995B-B6E6D9D05ED9_zps90ke5zgn.jpg

Justin went with the Leaping Leprechaun: Myers’s Platinum Rum, Skyy Vodka, Jameson Irish Whiskey, Melon Liqueur, and Sweet-and-Sour topped with Sprite® served in a Souvenir Cup ($13.75).

I had a Cider and Black, which is Cider and a shot of Black Currant juice ($9.00).

We absolutely didn't need the souvenir cup and didn't even think to ask to skip it, but hey it's a cute souvenir that now Justin drinks Diet Coke out of on the reg.

He absolutely loved this drink, although I'm sure you can tell based on the ingredients listed, it is VERY strong! He's a big guy and was totally tipsy after this, haha. I really enjoyed my drink too, it was crisp and refreshing without being crazy sweet.

I can't remember what my friends got, I think they all had Bass, Guinness, Harp, etc.

6AB1177A-D1A9-4B38-A6EE-F26F66FFC231_zpsouqyshbw.jpg

F9C5E89F-16A5-4738-A052-6F8DDC22848A_zps1xggzjqa.jpg

C declared that she wasn't in a picture taking mood, but I promise they were with us! We hung out in France for quite a bit, Justin ended up getting a ham/cheese/egg croissant from the bakery.
Of course we introduced our friends to the Sunset Tokyo in Japan.. :beach:

5D0CCEAB-E2E0-446B-92F8-FF2FCC263EB5_zpssv1ti0qd.jpg

Soon after, B & C decided they didn't want to hang around much longer and got some QS at Liberty Inn in America. Unfortunately they were gone before I could tell them they were making a huge mistake with all of the other options around :confused3 (kidding.. kind of.. well, not really). They had early flights (6 am) so they wanted to get back to the room, pack, and rest.

Unfortunately that meant no Mezzo Metro for us that night! We still had a good 2-2.5 hours to kill, so we snagged a FP+ for Spaceship Earth and did that. I'd be lying if I said I didn't nap during the entire thing.. :rolleyes1

We also swam the seas with Nemo and Friends. Finally we headed back towards the Italian pavilion for an ADR we were pretty excited for!

Via Napoli!

Justin and I have eaten here a few times, and the pizza is always top notch. I have never, ever had a bad pizza here. And I feel so bad when people say theirs is limp/burnt/whatever because I wish they could experience how wonderful it can be.

I contemplated pasta, because I always get the pizza, but I wasn't starving and didn't want too much food. Plus, I didn't feel like spending $$$ on pasta that I wouldn't even finish.

By this point in the trip, A had thrown all hopes of staying Gluten Free out the window, and decided that she'd join us and split a pizza with us.

D wasn't feeling so hot, she had a cold and we'd been up and moving for what felt like forever, so she ordered a ginger ale. Justin ordered a Diet Coke. A family sat down next to us a few minutes after we did, and they had their food before we were even served anything other than water.

D decided to go with two apps for her meal, since she wasn't feeling anything too heavy. She decided on the tomato mozzarella caprese salad, and the prosciutto and melon.

Service is always kinda wonky here, it's not that the service is bad (it's not Kona or anything) but it's never particularly amazing, at least in our experience. And it's a fairly slow-paced meal, given the Italian culture, but there is a difference between a slow paced meal and not receiving drinks for over 30 minutes!

Lorenzo, our drink server, was some major eye candy, so we let it slide.

D's apps (which she specified were her meal) also came out about 10 minutes after ordering, far before the pizza, and she felt bad so she waited. We felt bad and tried to tell her to eat, but she refused. I know a lot of people hate this kind of stuff, but it just wasn't worth making a fuss over, and it really wasn't a big deal. I think I'd be more upset if I were at a signature restaurant and not just having pizza at Via Napoli.

CFECF8CD-F257-4701-B91E-2A0D05087848_zpsux1gz62x.jpg

Justin decided he wanted pepperoni pizza, and A & I decided we wanted quattro formaggi.

95A1FA52-E461-4EF4-BFC7-2AA848DA9CD8_zpsvaofpadw.jpg

I've had this pizza a few times now, and the quattro formaggi never disappoints! It is sauceless, but it absolutely doesn't need it. I actually prefer it to the red sauce.

We each had a few slices of each kind and Justin polished it off!

The pizza was AMAZING as always! I was so sad that there wasn't more quattro formaggi, I probably could've eaten 4 pieces myself. It is that good. The red sauce is so delicious, I just love the quattro formaggi more. A was in love as well.

We also shared an order of the Zeppole for dessert. I didn't get a pic, my phone died, but they were hot and yummy as always!

After our meal, we moseyed up to the front of the park and I swear I was a dead woman walking. I hardly remember it because I was so exhausted. I practically fell into bed by the time we got back, and I slept like a log!

The next day, it was time for some Disney Springs and girl time while Justin watched some Nascar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter