We need to eat!

taylorstimac

Earning My Ears
I have a question about booking restaurant reservations ahead of time.

The last time I called to verify a few things on our reservation, (for April 18-22_ the CM asked me if I would like to book any restuarant reservations. Since I had no clue what she was talking about, I said "maybe later".

Since reading some of these posts, it sounds like it might be smart to book ahead due to crowds. However, this is our first trip to WDW, and we don't have a clue where anything is located, what to ride, where to eat, how much $$ to bring, etc.

Also, how do you even book dining plans? Do they plan with you day by day where and when you would like to eat? Do you have to know what you want to eat?? lol I'm sorry...I don't mean to sound like an idiot....I'm just completely overwhelmed and oblivios!

This is our honeymoon and possibly our only trip to WDW, so I want it to be perfect!!

Thanks!

On our first trip to disney I did not know about PS (priority seatings) and thought with all the restaurants choices we would not have a problem. We went off season and we typically had to wait anywhere from 30 min to an hour to get in any of the restaurants at Epcot. All these people came after us and walked right in so I asked the hostess and she told me about PS and she said I was lucky to be able to get on the waiting list because during busy seasons usually all they take in are the PS holders.
Since then I have made PS in advance, sometimes I wait till I get there for one or two places but most of the times I at least have dinner PS.

The first thing you need to decide is which parks you plan on visiting on which days. They could then give you some suggestions. I would look at this website for menus at the various restaurants in each park to help decide:

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm

You may also want to look at some resort restaurants.

What I did the first time was make one PS a day for a restaurant I really wanted to try. It worked out well cause all you had to make sure to do was be in a certain park. Then you'll have time to find places, etc.. You'll be fine. Just pick your must trys and plan a little for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter