We need new windows :(

We are in the Novi area. Thanks for all the tips so far.
I have never heard of Window World here, but I will look into them.

Of course, Wallside is everywhere here, I just don't know anyone personally who has done windows recently to get an opinion from.

We need more than just the pane, we need the whole thing, the tracks, the window...
I don't know if we can use our panes or not, they are wood, too.

You didn't ask me but i will answer my 2 cents... you remove your old window sashes, remove the parting beads leaving the exterior window beads in place. The replacement just slides in place of your removed windows. Everything is done from the inside. The only hard part is, you have to lean out the open window to caulk the outside. Big windows you can just lean out but small windows you will have to remove the sashes. It only gets complicated if your replacements are too large or too small. Small ones need to be shimmed and too large you will need to cut off a small piece of trim from the vinyl window. I used a Dremmel and a small circular cut off wheel from Harbor Freight. My original windows used springs that were behind plastic slides that held the windows in place. So in my case i just removed my plastic slides after removing the windows and installed the vinyl as normal. Take a look on utube i bet you will find tons of videos. Not a big deal. No ladders unless you want to be fancy when you caulk. Your choice but not necessary in any way.

We didn't do this - wish it had been an option, but like I said, the new construction aluminum frames were installed too poorly. We had to pull out the whole thing.

We didn't use ladders, but instead borrowed a cherry-picker. Luckily we had a friend with cool toys! We were going to rent one - for the weekend it was going to be $400 - pick up Friday after 4 and return Monday before 9:30.

We replace our windows about 5 years ago because ours were single pane wooden windows from 1950. We called and got estimates from a few places, but Gilkey was the cheapest (I think they are just in Ohio and KY). Our windows were a very odd size and Sears wanted over $10k to replace 12 windows! You can negotiate prices. We had a friend who told us he could do the windows for a certain price and Gilkey matched that price. Alot of times they will give you a discount if you agree to put a sign in your front yard for 3 months too.

I see your in MI and we used Wallside. The others like Hansen, Magic, or the big box offices didnt come close to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter