We need dinner help for our arrival night

Alli and Molly's Mom

Earning My Ears
We will be arriving sometime between 4 and 6 pm. We willnot bo doing a park that evening, but would like something Disney-ish to get the girl's excited for the next day. We are staying at the ASMo, but don't want to do Food Court... Can't get into to Chef Mickey... any other out of park character dinner you can suggest? TIA!!!
15 days:)

What about 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian? I believe it has Pooh and Friends (Piglet, Eeyore, Tigger). This is a buffet dinner.

These aren't character meals, but they are fun...

Rainforest at DD (you could go to big character store too)
Ohana's at Poly (you could park at TC and take monorail over and depending on your PS you might be able to see the fireworks)
Captain Jack's at DD (window seat)

IF you really like to do Chef Mickey's then I'd try. They do let people in w/out a PS. You may have to wait a bit but we love doing Chef Micks on our first night there! It's a great start to a great magical stay! I'd sugget going earlier than later though.

Here's a list

1. Rainforest Cafe
2. Planet Hollywood
3. Ohana
4. California Grill

Keep trying for Chef Mickey's. We have gotten reservations several times through persistence. People cancel reservations all of the time. 'Ohana is a nice choice if you can't get into Chef Mickey's. 1900 Park Faire does a Cinderella dinner that is supposed to be good, although I have not tried it yet.

I agree with the try Chef Mickeys!! We just show up about 20-30 minutes before they open for dinner and put your name in!! I do not think that they book up the whole place with PS on any given night.WE have done this quite a few times in the busy summer months when we could not get a PS or just did not know which nite we would like to do dinner there. Good Luck! Great shops to look in while you wait or try sitting in the bar. Way in the back there is a big screen TV and a great view of the Marina and pool area.I am pretty sure they give you a FLashy Lite thing to call you when your table is ready! Joan

Good places to eat not in a park, in no particular order:

1. Chef Mickey's... Keep trying, they sometimes open up more tables approx 1 week before, or there could be a cancelation.

2. 1900 Park Fare... New Cinderella and Friends dinner, with two DD's they might get a kick out of eating with Cinderella.

3. Ohana's.... Lots of fun and games for the kids, coconut races, hula hoop contests, the kids would have a blast!!

4. Whispering Canyon Cafe... Down home BBQ and lots of antics from the servers. This place is quite a hoot!! Stick pony races every hour.

5. Cape may Cafe Clambake.... I've personally never been, but have heard the food is very good.

6. Boma.... Great variety and some very interesting and different foods to try out. Probably the best buffet on property in my opinion. Kids and you can enjoy the many outlooks to the savannah before and after dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!