We Moved to Disneyland!! Now What…? Stories from New DLR Locals - Updated 1/15

I just found your story tonight, and though normally this is not the type of report I would usually follow, I have found your narrative quite compelling. I am still reading where you are in Colorado, but want to come back and read the rest.

Normally I don't prefer so much "reading", but you have an excellent style to your writing which keeps me reading even though I know I need to move on and go to bed, hence the reason I am commenting and subbing in so that I can catch up later. You are very sensitive, romantic, and also into a lot of the natural beauty which I enjoy, and makes me interested in what you have to say.

Also your candor makes interested in you and your wife and how your "young love and journey" work out in the 'not so big city as NY'. I came here from a place similar to where you came from, but it's lost it's much of it's natural beauty once Steve Jobs and came along. Not that I fault him, but my hometown used to be natural and special too before the computer age devoured it up.

I love your pictures of all the natural rock formations, streams, and the fall leaves on the trees. I hope that somehow you can find that beauty in the Anaheim Hills or somewhere close. I look forward to seeing how your journey turns out. For now, I need to go to sleep and catch up later!

That stretch of road is rather uninteresting and it seems like it hasn't changed at all. YAY for reaching your final destination.

"Uninteresting" is right! It was so funny knowing we were, essentially, right by the beautiful coast, but instead just seeing so much desert. It was thrilling when we found civilization.

I just found your story tonight, and though normally this is not the type of report I would usually follow, I have found your narrative quite compelling. I am still reading where you are in Colorado, but want to come back and read the rest.

Normally I don't prefer so much "reading", but you have an excellent style to your writing which keeps me reading even though I know I need to move on and go to bed, hence the reason I am commenting and subbing in so that I can catch up later. You are very sensitive, romantic, and also into a lot of the natural beauty which I enjoy, and makes me interested in what you have to say.

Also your candor makes interested in you and your wife and how your "young love and journey" work out in the 'not so big city as NY'. I came here from a place similar to where you came from, but it's lost it's much of it's natural beauty once Steve Jobs and came along. Not that I fault him, but my hometown used to be natural and special too before the computer age devoured it up.

I love your pictures of all the natural rock formations, streams, and the fall leaves on the trees. I hope that somehow you can find that beauty in the Anaheim Hills or somewhere close. I look forward to seeing how your journey turns out. For now, I need to go to sleep and catch up later!

Thanks for reading! I'm glad our story caught your eye :) Hopefully you'll enjoy the rest of it as I catch up writing it (you're not exactly too far behind still being in the CO section as I'm just now describing our first days in CA).

I'm so glad you appreciate the candor with which I've tried to write. In real life, I'm pretty shy around new people and totally ineloquent when speaking "off the cuff," so one of the things I love about writing is that I don't have to worry about either of those things. I love putting everything out there and hoping someone is interested.

We definitely have a hearty appreciation for nature and its beauty. It's one of the reasons we love spending so much time in parks and zoos. It's been a little harder to find truly undisturbed nature in O.C. but we've done our best.

Hope you didn't stay up too late reading last night and that you enjoy the rest of the report :cool1:

Yay! You made it! And I agree, apartment hunting is a pain in the rear (I could have used capitals but not even that could convey what a nightmare it is!)

Yippee! Marceline's and Disneyland during the holidays! It brought back memories of my trip at the beginning of Dec with my sister & niece! My niece got some delightful chocolate covered marshmallows and a SCRUMPTUOUS carmel apple that we didn't get to eat until we got to Vegas, and it was as delicious as ever!

Looking forward to more! :thumbsup2

Disney! You're there. Lovely pics of Marceline goodies.

But I'm looking forward to reading about how you both settled into OC.

Yay for finally reaching your final destination :cool1:
Can't wait to hear about the next phase of your adventure, it feels like we are on a cliffhanger at the end of each post :goodvibes

Yay! Glad you made it to Disney finally. I think I'm going to get me some Marceline's tonight! We are getting ready to head out to the park for the evening.

You know, we had a Silver Ford Expedition some years back and it was named Dumbo! We now have a Red Expedition and it's name is Iago. Somehow "Minnie" just didn't fit! :rotfl:

Have you been to the Character Warehouse on I think it's Lemon and Orangethorpe? Sometimes you can find things there at a much better bargain than in the park, and sometimes they even merchandise that is on sale in the park. Mostly it's older stuff, but it's worth checking out.

Yay! You made it! And I agree, apartment hunting is a pain in the rear (I could have used capitals but not even that could convey what a nightmare it is!)

Exactly. I feel like it's one of those things that your brain is conditioned to forget exactly how bad it is after you go for a while between home-searches. Otherwise, everyone would just stay put forever.

Yippee! Marceline's and Disneyland during the holidays! It brought back memories of my trip at the beginning of Dec with my sister & niece! My niece got some delightful chocolate covered marshmallows and a SCRUMPTUOUS carmel apple that we didn't get to eat until we got to Vegas, and it was as delicious as ever!

Looking forward to more! :thumbsup2

Mmm, I love those marshmallow wands. And I'm so jealous of your caramel apple. That's one of those things that taunt us literally every time we're at Disney (so semi-daily), and one of these days we'll have to give in and lay out the money for one because they just look SO GOOD.

Hope your keep enjoying :)

Disney! You're there. Lovely pics of Marceline goodies.

But I'm looking forward to reading about how you both settled into OC.

Indeed we finally made it! Glad you like the pictures of all the treats that were taunting us.

Hope you enjoy the next couple updates all about our settling into a new life here.

Yay for finally reaching your final destination :cool1:
Can't wait to hear about the next phase of your adventure, it feels like we are on a cliffhanger at the end of each post :goodvibes

It definitely felt like quite the accomplishment when we finally made it! Hopefully all the updates to come about our next adventures won't disappoint. :thumbsup2

Wonderful pics! :)

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying!

Yay! Glad you made it to Disney finally. I think I'm going to get me some Marceline's tonight! We are getting ready to head out to the park for the evening.

You know, we had a Silver Ford Expedition some years back and it was named Dumbo! We now have a Red Expedition and it's name is Iago. Somehow "Minnie" just didn't fit! :rotfl:

Have you been to the Character Warehouse on I think it's Lemon and Orangethorpe? Sometimes you can find things there at a much better bargain than in the park, and sometimes they even merchandise that is on sale in the park. Mostly it's older stuff, but it's worth checking out.

Going to Marceline's tonight sounds delicious! Wish I could, but I'm fighting a cold. We haven't gone to Disney since Tuesday, which is the longest we've gone without since getting our APs.

That's funny that there was another Dumbo on the roads before. I like "Iago" too. That's a good one!

We have been to the outlet in Fullerton, but apparently it changed ownership within the last year or so and now they really don't have much good stuff anymore. We've found one or two things there in several trips, but they definitely sell a lot of junk now.

What fantastic memories to feed the soul with and to keep you going over the next period of real life....apartment/job hunting.

I think I'm going to carry the sound of Disney piano music and the voice of a storyteller in my mind for the next week or so to feed my soul.

Thanks for sharing. :goodvibes

I'm so glad you took the time to savor Disney after such a long trip and rough day of apartment/job hunting. I moved to Culver City the end of June 2012 and still haven't even made it to Downtown Disney. It took me 2 months to find a job but at least I had a place to stay (with my DS30 and his gf which I am still living with which is helping them with rent and me with a safe place to live for a few months and close to work). I love that Earl of Sandwich is now in DL - can't wait to try their holiday sandwich this year! Loved the pic of the fireplace at Grand Californian! Can't wait to hear how Tracy's phone interview went! I am currently in progress status for a Disney Professional Internship and a job (Archive Coordinator for ABC Studios) and know how grueling these job interviews can be.

How did you like Downtown Disney in California compared to WDW?

Yeah you made it!!! Glad you got to spend a bit of time at Downtown Disney after such a long drive. Looking forward to hearing how the apartment and job hunting went xx

I just can't wait to hear about the job interview. I've been following from the beginning, and feel like I'm part of it all...

:cheer2:

I just got caught back up on your adventures. Your road trip sounds like it was fun (well, the stops at least, not so much the driving for hours on end part...) and I was excited as you guys finally arrived at your stop in Cali!

And I'm glad you guys got to have a little Disney magic after a long day of apartment hunting. I just did that a few months ago as I moved to a different city and you are right, it's exhausting! Glad you and Tracy got some Disney time to detox from the stress of moving.

Can't wait to see what happens next! I'm assuming you find an apartment in the near future of this TR, otherwise, you'll surprise all your readers by saying you moved into your hotel! :rotfl2:

Luvin the Disney updates. I need more disney now

pixiedust: Yay for arriving in California! pixiedust: Wishing Tracy luck with the interview! You still have me hooked on your adventures :surfweb: looking forward to hearing more. :goodvibes

Wow what an adventure so far! I LOVE the lobby of the Grand California, so hearing and seeing your story just brings me right back, especially since I was just there in December! I loved all the holiday decor & sights and sounds...I've never encountered a storyteller, is that just seasonally? The cake pop looks and sounds devine! My son saw the picture and said, "I want to try one!" so we may have to head to Marcelline's and do that in June!

Good luck to Tracy, can't wait to hear about her phone interview!! :cheer2:
Here's some Disney MAGIC for her, as well as Pixie Dust! pixiedust:

I'm itching to hear more!! You had me at DISNEY!! ;)

What fantastic memories to feed the soul with and to keep you going over the next period of real life....apartment/job hunting.

I think I'm going to carry the sound of Disney piano music and the voice of a storyteller in my mind for the next week or so to feed my soul.

Thanks for sharing. :goodvibes

So glad to help bring you a taste of your happy place :) Glad you're enjoying!

I'm so glad you took the time to savor Disney after such a long trip and rough day of apartment/job hunting. I moved to Culver City the end of June 2012 and still haven't even made it to Downtown Disney. It took me 2 months to find a job but at least I had a place to stay (with my DS30 and his gf which I am still living with which is helping them with rent and me with a safe place to live for a few months and close to work). I love that Earl of Sandwich is now in DL - can't wait to try their holiday sandwich this year! Loved the pic of the fireplace at Grand Californian! Can't wait to hear how Tracy's phone interview went! I am currently in progress status for a Disney Professional Internship and a job (Archive Coordinator for ABC Studios) and know how grueling these job interviews can be.

How did you like Downtown Disney in California compared to WDW?

Sounds like you're still right in the middle of some of the life changes we've been dealing with. Hope everything works out for you with one of the Disney jobs!

Luckily for you, you don't have to wait till the holidays to try the Earl Holiday Sandwich as they added it to the year-round menu! We honestly like Downtown Disney about equally here as at WDW. We have several great stores here despite the fact that it's way smaller. I'm sure once the WDW version undergoes its big renovation, it will be a little more exciting, however.

Yeah you made it!!! Glad you got to spend a bit of time at Downtown Disney after such a long drive. Looking forward to hearing how the apartment and job hunting went xx

We made it!! We were definitely thrilled to see anything Disney to prove the long drive had been worth it. Hope you continue to enjoy reading :)

I just can't wait to hear about the job interview. I've been following from the beginning, and feel like I'm part of it all...

:cheer2:

Glad you feel like you're wrapped up in it all as that's what I'm going for! Thanks for reading, and I hope you keep enjoying.

I just got caught back up on your adventures. Your road trip sounds like it was fun (well, the stops at least, not so much the driving for hours on end part...) and I was excited as you guys finally arrived at your stop in Cali!

And I'm glad you guys got to have a little Disney magic after a long day of apartment hunting. I just did that a few months ago as I moved to a different city and you are right, it's exhausting! Glad you and Tracy got some Disney time to detox from the stress of moving.

Can't wait to see what happens next! I'm assuming you find an apartment in the near future of this TR, otherwise, you'll surprise all your readers by saying you moved into your hotel! :rotfl2:

Glad you caught up! The road trip was fun for the most part. The driving wasn't great, but the destinations made it worth it. And we were SO glad to see Disney when we finally did arrive.

Luckily, we did find an apartment, but getting to that part was a whole struggle of its own as you'll soon see. We did live in a hotel for much longer than we would have liked...

Luvin the Disney updates. I need more disney now

I've got loads more Disney updates to come, especially when this TR finally gets caught up to the present day... Someday...

pixiedust: Yay for arriving in California! pixiedust: Wishing Tracy luck with the interview! You still have me hooked on your adventures :surfweb: looking forward to hearing more. :goodvibes

Glad you're still enjoying and that I've got your hooked! Interview stories will come sometime soon, but first, the house hunt!

You truly have me on the edge of my seat. Bring on the updates!

I'm working on it! This next update has taken me a long time to put together, so hopefully it will be worth it.

PLEASE--More!!! More!!!;)

There's always more coming! I just have so much to report about and so little time to actually write it all down...

Wow what an adventure so far! I LOVE the lobby of the Grand California, so hearing and seeing your story just brings me right back, especially since I was just there in December! I loved all the holiday decor & sights and sounds...I've never encountered a storyteller, is that just seasonally? The cake pop looks and sounds devine! My son saw the picture and said, "I want to try one!" so we may have to head to Marcelline's and do that in June!

Good luck to Tracy, can't wait to hear about her phone interview!! :cheer2:
Here's some Disney MAGIC for her, as well as Pixie Dust! pixiedust:

I'm itching to hear more!! You had me at DISNEY!! ;)

We love the Grand too! It's definitely one of Disney's best hotels anywhere. I'm not sure if the storyteller is seasonal or what. We've never seen him again either... Disney cake pops are literally one of the best foods on this planet! You'll have to try one!

Thanks for the pixie dust. The interviews weren't exactly the turning point we may have hoped for, but still make an interesting story, which will hopefully come soon.

And, of course, there's always more Disney to come. Once we arrived here, we just couldn't stay away! Hope you keep enjoying :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter