We loved Deluxe Dining so much..we did it again! Dining review with pics! UPDATE 3/23

Day 1:

Dinner at 'Ohana!

'Ohana is probably one of our favorite restaurants at Disney, due to a combination of factors: 1. Location - we stay at the Poly so it's super convenient. 2. Food - We have never been disappointed. 3. Atmosphere - Can't think of a better way to celebrate being on vacation than wearing leis and sipping a fruity beverage out of a pineapple!

Speaking of which, my evening started off with my favorite drink, the Lapu Lapu.

100_6720.jpg

Which is basically regular rum, 151 rum, and some fruit juices mixed together, all served in a hollowed out pineapple.

Our ADR was for 6:35 and we checked in about 6:30. There was a long line of people waiting to be seated, so I settled myself at the Tambu Lounge and ordered my Lapu Lapu. We waited about 20 minutes for our table, but it was worth the wait...right against the windows with a perfect view of the castle as it was lit up! I could only imagine how perfect this seat would be to view Wishes.

We were greeted promptly by our "cousin" who took our drink order, then we dug into the Pineapple Welcome Bread, which was warm and delicious as always.

100_6721.jpg

Shortly thereafter our salad with honey lime dressing arrived. The greens are fresh and the dressing is light, but sweet and tangy. So yummy!

100_6722.jpg

Next came the dipping sauces: sweet n sour, peanut and I think a chile sauce. I love, love, love the peanut sauce!

100_6723.jpg

Our favorite side items came next: sticky chicken wings and pork dumplings!

100_6727.jpg

These were divine and the wings especially were even better than I remember. We all inhaled them, especially Bashful, who is normally not a big chicken fan.

100_6728.jpg

Next up was the steamed broccoli, which was FABULOUS! Perfectly cooked and seasoned.

100_6730.jpg

Followed shortly thereafter by the Lo-Mein noodles, which were a bit of a disappointment. They were spaghetti noodles, which I had never seen before, and cold to boot. I ate only a few bites, but usually these are a favorite of mine.

100_6729.jpg

Next came the meat, which arrives on big skewers!

100_6731.jpg

This place truly is a carnivore's delight. On the menu were turkey, pork, steak and shrimp. The turkey was a tad dry, but alright dipped in sauce. The remaining meats were juicy and delicious! Grumpy had an especially good time peeling and eating the shrimp.

Finally, the part we had all been waiting for....dessert. 'Ohana is home to one of the best desserts on property, warm bread pudding a la mode with bananas foster syrup. Somehow I forgot to take the pic AFTER I poured the syrup on. Sorry!

100_6747.jpg

And for the kids they brought ice cream with Mickey sprinkles, always a huge hit.

100_6746.jpg

Once again we thoroughly enjoyed our experience at 'Ohana. The food was good and plentiful, service was fine, and the kids LOVE the parade and limbo and partying that go on. It's our favorite way to start off our Disney vacation!

That bread pudding is HAVEN :littleangel:I got the recipe and make it ,I have never had anyone not love it

Day 4:

'Ohana Breakfast

We love breakfast at 'Ohana. Not only is it at our hotel, but the food and character interaction are great! We arrived at our ADR time of 7:30, had our picture taken and were promptly seated. On the way to our table we picked up a plate of bread. On the left is a sweet raisin bread, on the right is the most wonderful bread you will ever put into your mouth....Pineapple Bread!! :lovestruc:love::lovestruc:love:

100_6966.jpg

I think I probably ate the entire piece of pineapple bread all by myself. And remember...if you run out and want more, just ask! They are happy to bring it.

Once we were seated our "cousin" quickly came over and filled out cups with POG juice - passion fruit, orange and guava.

100_6968.jpg

I simply ADORE this stuff! It's served at various locations around WDW under different names. For example at Kona it's called "Lilikoi Juice" and at Tusker House it's "Jungle Juice."

In short order a platter of fresh fruit arrived. Sorry the pic is a little fuzzy.

100_6967.jpg

What can I say? Fruit is fruit. It was ripe and sweet, though, which is good. There is nothing worse then taking a bite of under-ripe melon. Ick!

Breakfast at 'Ohana is served family style. Meaning you get a big platter with all your food on it rather than going up to a buffet. It is all-you-can-eat, if you run out of anything just ask and they will bring you more. The hot meal consists of biscuits, potatoes, sausage, eggs and bacon.

100_6969.jpg

Everything here is hot, fresh and delicious. The eggs are well scrambled and NOT runny, just the way I like them. The potatoes are well seasoned, the biscuits are yummy especially with butter and jelly, and the sausage is wonderful! Most of the buffets provide those skinny links, but these were big and fat and full of flavor. The only thing we didn't really care for was the bacon, once again paper thin and floppy like we had at CRT. We prefer out bacon crisp.

A CM also walks around serving Mickey Waffles, which are ALWAYS delicious! :thumbsup2

100_6971.jpg

Characters at this meal are Lilo, Stitch, Mickey and Pluto. The interaction is wonderful, and there is a special parade led by the characters. The kids get to shake maracas and dance along.

100_6994.jpg

Superstar and Bashful joined in the fun.
100_6995.jpg

We were done with our meal by 8:20, and after a quick car ride over to DHS we were thru the turnstiles and ready for rope drop by 8:50.

'Ohana breakfast continues to remain a family favorite, one we will sure do each trip. Even if we were not staying at the Poly, this breakfast is definitely worth a trip over!

Up next...Toy Story Pizza Planet lunch. Was it worth the hour wait in line?

Thanks for the great pics. Your kids are so cute!

I too am a lover of the Pineapple bread and POG juice :thumbsup2

One year we stayed concierge at Poly and in the concierge room they have all you can drink POG. I think I drank about 5 - 10 glasses a day :yay:

With all of this eating at Poly, I am starting to regret not staying at Poly again this trip.

I can't wait to read the next one :thumbsup2

Day 4:

Toy Story Pizza Planet lunch

This was our marathon DHS day, and since we were using 2 credits for the FP dinner at Brown Derby at the very EARLY dinner hour of 4:35 I ASSUMED we could get by on a snack or two for lunch.

One should never assume.

Naturally the girls start whining that they are hungry, oh...right about the height of lunch hour. :sad2: I told them we would grab some popcorn or something, but noooooooo....they had to have LUNCH. :rolleyes:Thanks to our Ridemax plans getting us way ahead, we had about a 1.5 hour break before the car stunt show at 1:30. So I said no problem, let's just run into Pizza Planet at the other side of Streets of America.

I should have known when the line extended all the way THROUGH the back room and out the front door this would not be the best idea, but the kids were hungry and we did have time to kill, so.....

I got in line and told the kids to go find a table, which luckily they did upstairs. (DH was off grabbing FP for ToT). I waited, and waited, and waited and finally realized that I had been there A WHOLE HOUR!!!! Sorry, this is unacceptable. But at that point I had invested so much time I was not about to budge. Luckily right then I reached the front of the line and ordered 3 cheese pizza kids meals with a variety of sides -- applesauce, grapes, etc. You know...pretty much the EXACT same kids' sides offered at every CS place.

I only took a pic of one of the kids meals because they were basically all the same.

100_7013.jpg

I have never eaten the pizza at WDW but based on the looks of it I assume this is the same kids cheese pizza offered at all the CS locations. So the girls wolfed their food and DH and I picked on their leftovers before we got up and headed toward the car show.

I am sure this is a nice place to eat, but NOT after waiting in line an entire hour. No fast food is worth that, in my opinion. I guess I would say the food was fine, but nothing overly special.

Up next...Hollywood Brown Derby dinner...will I once again get to savor my favorite meal on Disney property?

Great O'hana review....looks great! :thumbsup2 We have a breakfast ressie on our next trip....cant wait!

Pizza Planet seems to always have a line when we try to eat there! So...we have yet to try them!

This was our marathon DHS day, and since we were using 2 credits for the FP dinner at Brown Derby at the very EARLY dinner hour of 4:35 I ASSUMED we could get by on a snack or two for lunch.

One should never assume.

Naturally the girls start whining that they are hungry, oh...right about the height of lunch hour. :sad2:

I'm planning a marathon day at DHS - culminating in an early F! dinner package at HBD too. After reading about your day, I will make sure to have an ADR for lunch.

Can't wait to read about your FP at HBD! :surfweb: popcorn::

Day 2:

CRT Breakfast

Adults had the choice of 3 items: eggs with potato casserole, cream cheese french toast with bacon, or a cold plate with yogurt and granola.

Is this all you get for the main part of your breakfast. I can't have just bacon, eggs, toast and french toast? I have to pick one or the other?

Ohhhh noooo - bandwidth has been exceeded. Photobucket can only accommodate so many views. I had to upgrade to premium but if you wait until a certain time of the month the bandwidth resets. :wave:

Enjoying your reviews - making me hungry!! You've eaten at several places we'll be going back to in September. CRT, Crystal Palace, Pizza Planet, and Cosmic Ray's. Trying Chef Mickey's for breakfast for the first time this year. Hoping the "hot" choices are better in Sept!

Great reviews so far. 'Ohana breakfast sounds really good, I may have to persuade DH that we need to visit in August ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter