We Landed

BarbLynnM

ICMongeese
After all was said and done, himself and I were close enough to WD (Valdosta, Ga) that we decided to get to the Fort anyway. Welp, we were on the turnpike heading to the turn-off when I got a phone call from Disney.

Because we were going to stay at the tent/pop-up sites (we have a mini-camper) and hadn't arrived yet, they said they were relocating us to Port Orleans Riverside. The cast member told me they were going to be closing down the tent sites.

We didn't have to pay anything extra (so she said), and we were able to find a parking space that would accommodate our Subbie and Little Guy.

Additionally, we had had a double reservation--from the 26th to the 30th, and the 30th to the 3rd. We were told we wouldn't have to move rooms, and will probably be put up here (at POR) for our length of stay.

I mentioned I'd thought we'd have to wait for a warning, but she said the powers-that-be were being really proactive on this. The cast member that checked us in said they weren't being told much. I guess we'll be set here until if and when they open the Fort back up? It's been kind of confusing.

Anyway, the cast members have gone over and above for us, and they eased our transition remarkably well. Now we're taking a wait and see attitude as to what happens next.

Thought I'd provide a this bit of information to show how things went for us. I would think others had similar experiences.

Because we were going to stay at the tent/pop-up sites (we have a mini-camper) and hadn't arrived yet, they said they were relocating us to Port Orleans Riverside. The cast member told me they were going to be closing down the tent sites.

We didn't have to pay anything extra (so she said), and we were able to find a parking space that would accommodate our Subbie and Little Guy.

Additionally, we had had a double reservation--from the 26th to the 30th, and the 30th to the 3rd. We were told we wouldn't have to move rooms, and will probably be put up here (at POR) for our length of stay.

Anyway, the cast members have gone over and above for us, and they eased our transition remarkably well. Now we're taking a wait and see attitude as to what happens next.

Thought I'd provide a this bit of information to show how things went for us. I would think others had similar experiences.
We were moved to a 2 BR Villa at Old Key West after Irma. Didn't pay anything extra and I think that villa went for over $2,000/night.

The official announcement is the Fort (cabins and all sites) is closed Wednesday 9/28 - Friday 9/30. After that, it is dependent on how much clean up is needed. Unless this is much worse than Irma (Cat 3 direct hit), I suspect you'll be at the Fort for your 2nd resi.

And before and after Irma, the CMs were amazing. Considering the on-site CMs had the own families and homes to worry about, I was super impressed. Everyone just pulled together to help.

20170916_133333.jpg

20170916_124320.jpg

20170916_124253.jpg

20170916_124256.jpg

20170916_124312.jpg

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter