We are back! "Christmas with the mouse" trip report!!!**New 1/1/08**

Princess-RN - Of course it is all about cute.....but we froze our rear ends off when the snow flurries came down. My son, another who wears shorts 12 months out of the year, was searching through our suitcases for his Dad's polar fleece.....he wore jeans the next four days. That is another reason I am so happy we are driving this time. I plan to pack a duffle with hats, gloves, and warm gear. We don't even have to take it in to the hotel......I will just know it is there if we need it.

Bornwiththeears- That's a GREAT idea! I am going to pack a bag of "warmies" and just leave it in the car. Like you said, we don't have to even take it to the hotel...but we have it if we need it. I would be the hero of the entire trip!!!! I just have a sneaky feeling that my husband is going to get colder than he thinks he is!

I REALLY NEED SOME HELP HERE!

:headache:..Sorry I had to get that out of the way. I'm in a bit of a tizzy and I need some cheering up from you guys. So, I get a call this am from my TA. She tells me that when we applied the code attached to my husbands name MONTHS ago to our reservation Disney changed our resort but didn't make her aware of it. So, now we are book for CBR and we can't transfer to POFQ because it is full!!!! :mad: :mad: So, I'm trying to be positive and I looked on allearsnet to get info on CBR. It sounds HUGE. (9 pools, 6 bus stops etc...) That's our #1 favorite thing about POFQ..it's small. No matter where you are in the resort..you are close to EVERYTHING! (I know..I'm complaining about walking and I'm going to disney...how dumb right?) Anyway..I need some advice from anyone who has stayed at CBR.....I need to hear some "It's going to be ok...it's a new adventure....blah..blah...blah....

It's going to be o.k.

It's a new adventure.

I'm sorry, I'd be livid! Any discount for you?? Anything to make it a little better?

At least you are going to Disney right? You are going to be in the Happiest Place in the World.

You might actually like CBR. I have kind of always wanted to stay there. I would check on the boards for the best room locations and fax them a letter of which room you prefer. Maybe you can get an early pick on a good room and it won't be so bad.

I'm sorry, I feel so bad for you. It will really be alright. You get to spend good quality time with your family.

Thanks Nikki! No, the only discount I get it the one that changed the freaking resort anyway. If a room does open up at POFQ we have to give up the discount. I'm going to try to think positive. I'm normally really good at that. Once I get done being disappointed...I'll think positive. My TA has already requested we be as close at possible to the main building. Who knows..maybe we'll love it. Like you said..we will be in disney.

...poof....just like that the wind is taken out of my sails. This stinks! The more I read about CBR the more I see it's just not for us!!!!:headache: :mad: :headache: :mad: :sad2:

IT'S GOING TO BE OK

So, I'm pulling myself out of my 2 yr old tantrum I had ALL day yesterday and I'm accepting the fact that we will not be at POFQ this trip. I've been looking at the threads on CBR and look..I even changed my siggie. I have emailed and talked to my TA and the owner of the agency..and it seems no one can do jack to help me. Disney won't even talk to me b/c I booked through a TA. So, it's either I accept this change and take a postive attitude about it....or I sulk and pout and make myself (and probably DH and DS) miserable. Oddly enough, DH is taking a VERY positive approach to this. He said it's God's hands leading us to try a new resort b/c we love POFQ so much we probably wouldn't try another moderate unless we were forced to...so here it is!

So, as of right this moment NO MORE NEGATIVE stuff from me. I'm getting back into my super disney planning mode! I've got to tweak a few things :surfweb: due to the change..but that's ok. WE ARE STILL GOING TO WDW!! :dance3: :yay: :yay:

So, stay tuned for more.....If any of you have stayed at CBR please give me any suggestions you can.

Thanks!:santa:

Hey princess! Since you read mine... I thought I'd read your's! And I see you got those links in your first post! Good job! :thumbsup2

Love your packing list! It looks just like mine ~ seriously!

As for CBR... I'm glad you are doing okay with the change. What else can you do right? Have you read Nebo's TR? He has stayed at CBR and loves it. Here is a link to his report. Sorry, it's just the first page, you'll have to surf a bit for the CBR part. :surfweb:

Still Feeding Nebo

Anyway... I read the whole thing this morning and I'll do my best to keep up!
~nicole

Princess-rn

We have stayed at CBR three times....and loved it each time. My best advice to you would be to call your TA and see if you can have a preferred room....that would be the rooms close to Port Royale. When we stayed at CBR in May of 2005 I think the extra charge for the preferred room was $15 per nite. It was well worth it. We stayed twice in Martinique....just a stones throw from Port Royale.

I have always wanted to stay at POFQ....even polled the Dis Board to see which moderate was preferred....it was a split decision.

Look at it this way...as you said you will be at WDW...and this will be a new adventure. It is not like you are having to stay off site. I think you will be happy there.....each little section is like a resort in itself. The pool and scenery are gorgeous. It will still be a magical trip.

Annette

..all is right again!!!

I just got off the phone with my TA and she was able to get us switched BACK to POFQ for the same price!! (aka..we didn't lose our "code' discount) :cool1: :cloud9: Even though I had accepted our switch to CBR (and it really does look like a beautiful place) I'm am VERY happy to know we are going back to our "home" resort for the first 5 days of our stay.

So...all is right again. Now, if I could just find all my packing lists!

That's great. I was so sad for you cause I know how much planning goes into all this. You should be where you want to be.

Did you get it in writing???

Always get it in writing!

Good luck on finding your list. There is a packing list on the threads if you type it into the search part.

That's where I found mine. I figured I would forget stuff to put on the list. The one on the thread is also alphabetized!!

That's great. I was so sad for you cause I know how much planning goes into all this. You should be where you want to be.

Did you get it in writing???

Always get it in writing!

Good luck on finding your list. There is a packing list on the threads if you type it into the search part.

That's where I found mine. I figured I would forget stuff to put on the list. The one on the thread is also alphabetized!!

I know! I have put 10 months of planning into this trip! I'm SO glad it worked out!!! Yes, I got the email confirmation today from my TA. I'm also going to call the resort and confirm it that way as well. I found an awesome packing list. It's a little over the top..but at least I shouldn't forget anything! :thumbsup2

yay yay yay!

Thank you! :banana: :banana:

COUNTDOWN PICTURE!!
I hope this works!!! Hopefully below you will see our countdown to disney poster that DS and I made. I'm not a very creative chick...so I thought it turned out pretty good!!

100_0574.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks! I must say someone here gave me the idea to do this. I didn't come up with it on my own!!! Hey you leave in 14 days!!!:banana: :banana:

I didn't come up with mine either! :laughing: That is what this place is for! :thumbsup2

Technically we leave in 12 days :cool1: since we are going to Tampa for turkey day ~ we will be at Epcot in 14 days though!!! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter