We are back! "Christmas with the mouse" trip report!!!**New 1/1/08**

PACKING LIST(S) TIME!!

I finally had a few mins yesterday to start my packing lists. (ok..so it was during a meeting at work..but still...I started it:rolleyes1 ) I have the following lists...
1. My suitcase
2. DS suitcase
3. DH suitcase. (he's handles this..I just write somethings down to remind him to bring.
4. Tolietries
5. My back pack that I carry to the parks
6. Our "over night" bag for DTD Hilton
7. Cooler and snacks
8. What we need to buy when we get there
9. Things I always forget but try to remember.

That last list is the one I will focus on in this thread. I dont' think you guys care how many pairs of undies or socks we bring. :rolleyes: LOL. See next post for list.

The "what I always forget but try to remember" packing list

Ok..so here it goes. These are things that are easily forgotten but that my family MUST have on a WDW vacation. (with some additions for the holidays)

My binder with all confirmation #s etc...
Address list (on stick on labels. Got this idea from allearsnet)
Postcard stamps
Email address list
Digital Camera with Charger
Xtra Photo card
Tide (small bottle for :laundy: $1 at Target)
Dryer sheets ("All" $1 at Target)
Chap stick with sunscreen
Christmas decorations (whatever they may be)
Notebook for trip report
Plastic silverware (for the room.)
Cereal bars/poptarts (DS breakfast)
Kashi bars (DH and my breakfast)
Rain Ponchos (2 for $1 at dollar tree)
safety pins
Tide Stain Stick
Trash bags (for car and dirty clothes)
Baby wipes (for sticky messes after yummy snacks)
Ziplock bags (tons of uses for these!)
Brita water bottles and filters (I don't think you can buy these anymore:mad: )
Prescription meds
Adult Tylenol
Adult Motrin
Kids Tylenol, Motrin, cough syrup, benadryl (have you seen the $ for meds at the resorts and parks??:scared1: )
Bandaids and polysporin
Cell phone charger (for car and wall plug)
sunscreen (small bottle and large bottle)
antibacterial wipes
glow sticks ($1 at Michael's...pretty expensive in parks)

That's what I have down so far. Some items may be taken off and some added. You guys let me know if you have any suggestions. Like I said, I have 8 lists..but these are the things I am likely to forget.

i always do a list of emergency numbers.. including your mom's number even tho you know it by heart ....

dr numbers
your pharmacy so they can transfer prescriptions if they are lost
urgent cares for the florida area that your insurance covers. (my ins gives us a list of out of state providers numbers on a card)

did you see those new ID cards that stick on kids shoes that has info and numbers on the inside of the card in case the child becomes lost??? thought those were handy (my kids are young!)

Let me see if I can remember how to do it.

Go to ticker central,

Pick out ticker,

Have your signature page up to edit.

Go to the little mountain looking thing.

Copy and paste. Should work! ? :confused3

I think that's what I did anyway.

The "what I always forget but try to remember" packing list

Ok..so here it goes.

Great list Princess!! :cheer2:

I usually take most those things also...I think I'm a walking drugstore when I go on a trip....I just can't STAND to have to go buy (much less pay for..again) something I need and already had at home :rotfl:

I might get you to e-mail me your other lists so I can get some more ideas....I'm not that organized but definitely need to be....I'm also off work the week before we head to WDW :banana: ...so I will definitely have time to pack a LOT....I'm sure my hubby will love that :lmao:

Hope you are having a good day....and we are under 50 days now :yay:4280466 seconds to be exact :woohoo:

LettieRN- THanks!! I'm adding those things to my list. Where do you get those cards for kids shoes? That would be GREAT! We have already started talking to our DS about the importance of staying with us at ALL times and that if he did get seperated from us to find a CM (describe what that means) and tell them Mommy's cell phone number is in his shirt. (I usually write it on a sticky label...but I like the card idea better) :thumbsup2 Hey..nice ticker!!!

ILMICKEY- thanks for your help! Half my signature was suddenly cut off. (I guess it was too long?:confused3 ) So I had to do some modification..but I CAN'T get rid of my ticker!!!:upsidedow

Vandyfan- Thanks! I LOVE doing lists. NOw, I've now got to get them organized and on the computer. As soon as they happens I will email them to you. (or try to remember to. My mind isn't what it use to be! LOL) I have to work the 5 days leading up to us leaving (including the night before we leave) so I've got to do alot of packing during the day when DS is at school. My husband says we need to rent a uhaul. LOL

I believe we are at 42 days now! :banana: :cheer2: I can't wait until this ticker starts counting DAYS instead of MONTHS! :woohoo:

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO PACK TO WEAR!!

I know we have talked about this already but I'm having issues. So, I thought I had this packing thing figured out. Then I went and searched "what to pack in December" on this board and boom!!!! I was confused. Look, I live in Alabama...I KNOW how crazy southern weather is....but it sounds like the further you go south the MORE crazy it is. We've never been South for December. WEll, other than to New Orleans to visit my husbands family..but by then it's cold there too. I'm reading that it may be 80 degrees during the day at WDW and drop to 40s at night! :upsidedow :upsidedow Wow! DH is planning on wearing shorts and long sleeved tshirts and a hoodie for when the sun goes down. Now, he can wear shorts in the snow. So, hopefully this will work out for him. He refuses to wear jeans when it's hot outside. I think I've decided to wear capri pants. I am still going to bring a few pair of shorts...but mostly capris. It's what I've worn ALL summer here in the 100+ heat of Alabama and they will cover my legs enough to hopefully add some warmth at night. I will layer...tanks with SS shirts or LS shirts and bring my fleece hoodie for night time. Now, question is...what in the world do I pack DS? I guess I could put shorts on him for during the day, if it is warm enough, and carry a pair of jeans in my backpack. (I take a small Vera Bradley back pack into the parks. It's mostly used for carrying our brita watter bottles, hand sani wipes, maps, and DS autograph book and pin)

Ok...so I think I may have developed a plan while writing this post. :rolleyes This is a reason this pretrippie is so awesome. I've been :coffee: for the past couple of days TRYING to figure out what to do. Little did I know I just needed to :surfweb: and I'd find my way! :thumbsup2 As always, suggestions are welcome!

Vandyfan- Thanks! I LOVE doing lists. NOw, I've now got to get them organized and on the computer. As soon as they happens I will email them to you. (or try to remember to. My mind isn't what it use to be! LOL) I have to work the 5 days leading up to us leaving (including the night before we leave) so I've got to do alot of packing during the day when DS is at school. My husband says we need to rent a uhaul. LOL

I believe we are at 42 days now! :banana: :cheer2: I can't wait until this ticker starts counting DAYS instead of MONTHS! :woohoo:

Well I'll try and remember to ask you in a few weeks :upsidedow

I think you can e-mail me off this board....but when you get them ready you can send me a PM and I'll send you my e-mail :banana:

Yep....48 days or 4189437 seconds :lmao:

I don't know why I love the seconds....so many more...but they go so fast!!

Vandy....
I just went to your yearbook link. I lOVE the picture!!! That is just awesome!!!

I've not started counting down by how many "work days" I have before we leave. after today it will be 24!!!

Hi Ladies, I have been reading the PTR and love it. I hope you dont mind, but I am a DDaddy (I think the ONLY one) and I am not a nurse. I AM a EMT/volunteer, if that counts? LOL:rotfl:
I love the list, but I did notice you did not have any type of camera, memory card or batteries? I am doing most of our planning because I work offshore and I am off every other week so I have more time to do this as my DW works too.
Looking forward to more list, keep them coming.

Welcome DARuss!! DDaddys are ALWAYS welcome!!! So are EMT's. I don't know what I would do without you guys!

My DH is a Louisiana native. (New Orleans actually. Family now lives outside of NO)

The camera is actually on a different list that I have. (yes, I have MANY!) I have never forgotten my camera. (now that I have said that I will this year!!!) I just posted my "most forgotten" list here. Once I get the others together I may post them too!

Suggestions are always welcome!!

I am sure that a lot of people do the same, but just in case, last year i brought our laptop with us and uploaded all of the day to the laptop so I would not fill my memory card(I took a BUNCH of pics)
I live outside of the NO area too. About 20 miles N of slidell.

gah.. won't let me send a link yet. go to www leaps and bounds . com

i typed in ID shoe and they came right up!

Let me know if they are worth it!

They look awesome! Now, if my son will only leave them on his shoe! He's kinda weird about that sort of stuff. LOL. I think I will buy them just to try them out if nothing else.

thanks!!!

In an effort to keep DS happy and busy on our long drive to Orlando, we bought him one of the little Ipod shuffles yesterday. My question is this...I don't want him to use the ear bud type headphones that come with the ipod. (I've seen too many reports where these type headphones are more likely to cause hearing loss) Have any of you guys bought different headphones to go into the ipods? I'm going to research this more online..but I thought I'd ask here too!

Thanks!!!!:cheer2: :cheer2:

In an effort to keep DS happy and busy on our long drive to Orlando, we bought him one of the little Ipod shuffles yesterday. My question is this...I don't want him to use the ear bud type headphones that come with the ipod. (I've seen too many reports where these type headphones are more likely to cause hearing loss) Have any of you guys bought different headphones to go into the ipods? I'm going to research this more online..but I thought I'd ask here too!

Thanks!!!!:cheer2: :cheer2:

I have an ipod shuffle and I just plugged our computer headphones into it and they work fine. We got the computer headphones at Best Buy or someplace like that. They are the "old fashion" walkman type headphones with the black foam around the headphone. Hope that helps. Amy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!