• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We’re Back Tour – The Day Before

Madjock

<font color=blue>You don't have to be Mad but it h
The Cast:

Me (I’m not telling my age): Chief decision maker, planner and organiser extraordinaire
Darren (39): Mr. Grumpy, Marathon Man and Map Reader
Mollie (10): Jekyll & Hyde pre-teen and big girls blouse
Kirsty (4): Scaredy Cat and Drama Queen

Just to fill you in on a bit of detail. After 14 years together, two children, a mortgage, bills and arguing over whose turn it is to do the ironing, Darren and I decided to get Married! and of course where better to do the dastardly deed than Florida.

We made the decision that we wouldn’t tell anyone, we would just go away and carry out the deed and then have a big party on our return. The reasons being many but not least was that we didn’t want to upset people by telling them they wouldn’t get to actually witness this long awaited momentous occasion. We are going to send out the invites to our Wedding party on the evening we leave for the airport so that by the time people have received them we will be well and truly on our way.

So, we have arrived at the day before our long awaited trip (2 years is an eternity) and I leave for work. Somehow or other I get through the work day, don’t know that I achieved much in the way of work, nothing unusual there then, but I did what I had to do and then eventually it was 5:00, I was out that door quicker than a bullet from a gun. I barged my way past the throngs of people, all of whom, for some reason, were going in the opposite direction to myself, knocked over a few old biddies, kiddies and those just too darn slow to get out of the way quick enough, no-one was save! all the while I was praying to the God of transport to please be on my side tonight, no train delays due to the wrong type of rain or sheep, horses, or leaves on the line to hold me up (anyone who uses the rail system in London will know what I mean), not tonight, please and pretty please and I promise when I get back I will start going to mass again, honest! Well my prayers, for once, were heard and the journey home was as smooth as a baby’s butt.

Before I know it the kids and I are sitting at the front door, on the cases, arms folded, waiting for Darren to get home. He eventually strolls in just before 7:00 and disappears upstairs for way too long. What are you doing up there I shout up, cos I’m not moving from my case? Having a quick shower comes the reply. Shower!!! You don’t have time for showers! followed by a chorus of ‘Oh DADDIEEEEEE’! He comes strolling down the stairs 10 mins later, a whole 10 mins! What can’t a man have a damn shower after a hard days work without getting earache from a chorus of banshees, blah, blah, blah (this is why we call him Mr. Grumpy).

Finally we, plus luggage, are all in the car and after a quick stop to post off the invites to our ‘wedding’ party (gosh some people are in for a big shock!) we get on our way. The trip to Gatwick actually runs quite smoothly, no snarl ups on the motorway, so I guess the God of transport is still listening to me, okay so that’s a few more Our Fathers for me then. We arrive in time to utilise twilight check-in which we decide to do even though I quite like the idea of turning up at the airport tomorrow morning and by passing the huge economy queue with a queenly wave of my majestic hand as we stroll up to the PE check in (I know, I know, can you imagine what I’d be like if I was travelling UC!). Anyway we join the short queue for check in to be greeted by a little gestapo man checking the tickets, after barking a few orders at us, we check in the luggage and that’s that, all done!

We decide to get something to eat at the airport before heading for our hotel so we find Jerry & Bennys or Benny & Jerrys, something or other & Bennys, I don’t know, it sold food that’s all I can remember, what more does a person need to know, what’s in a name anyway (gosh I’m beginning to sound like Mr. Grumpy and I haven’t even married him yet!) and have a reasonably good meal, can’t remember now what but it was fine. We get in the car and drive to the Holiday Inn Gatwick where we shall be resting our weary heads for the night. Have a quick drink in the bar and before we know it its time for bed.

We’re off to The World tomorrow! Goodnight!

Annmarie

It must have been hard trying to keep a secret like that from everyone - did the kids know??
Looking forward to the rest - more please!

Cath:teeth:

Originally posted by Madjock
What are you doing up there I shout up, cos I’m not moving from my case? Having a quick shower comes the reply. Shower!!! You don’t have time for showers! followed by a chorus of ‘Oh DADDIEEEEEE’! He comes strolling down the stairs 10 mins later, a whole 10 mins! What can’t a man have a damn shower after a hard days work without getting earache from a chorus of banshees, blah, blah, blah (this is why we call him Mr. Grumpy).

Sorry, this really made me ROTFLOLACWL

Excellent stuff AnnMarie - looking forward to reading the rest.

Pete

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter