WDW Vets/DLR Newbies Unite!

:goodvibes Glad you made it out to Lewisville. Did you get anything? I'm heading back there on Sunday.

:drive: We are driving to Florida. With a family of five, airfare can add up. Also, we love roadtrips. We've made the drive so many times, we honestly don't need the navigator anymore. :rotfl:

:goodvibes Jennifer

That drive will be adventure in itself. Should be fun. Especially if your kids can sleep during the drive! It is just my husband and me, so the airfare is cheaper than driving (sometimes :goodvibes ). We didn't get much. I got a T-shirt and we got a little souvenir book. It is outdated, but it has colorful pictures to look at as we get excited for our trip! Something else to touch as we wait and wait and wait. Have fun in Orlando. :thumbsup2

I have stayed at the Dolphin and it was great! However, you can not charge back to your room. That would be the only downfall. Not sure about the dining plan. I stayed there way before the new dining plan.

Offsite......what about the Gaylord?

The Gaylord is very, very nice. The rooms are big and the internet is included in the resort fee unlike some other hotels.

Okay our plans have changed once again. :rolleyes1

:cool1: We are heading to DISNEYLAND in three weeks! DH was poking around on the internet again and found the adults pay the kids price for tickets at DLR. Then, he logged onto the AAA website to see if he could find a 4/3 WDW deal for his birthday in June. So here's our current and LAST change (I promise! ;) ):

Disneyland Hotel (March 15 - 19)
Port Orleans French Quarter (June 24 - July 1)

:sad1: I had to cancel the Hotel del Coronado and Las Vegas portions of the trip to make both these trips possible. I am sure we'll be back.

:banana: I called today and made our PS for DLR. We are having lunch at the Blue Bayou and breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen.

So much for trying to plan a surprise trip for DH's birthday. But, I got two Disney trips out of it. So, I can't complain too much. Two for the price of one. :laughing:

:happytv: DH is in the other room watching a Disneyland special we DVRd last year. He's my BIG kid. I think he's a little excited about the trip. :rotfl:

:surfweb: Jennifer

:cool1: We are heading to DISNEYLAND in three weeks! DH was poking around on the internet again and found the adults pay the kids price for tickets at DLR. Then, he logged onto the AAA website to see if he could find a 4/3 WDW deal for his birthday in June. So here's our current and LAST change (I promise! ;) ):

:sad1: I had to cancel the Hotel del Coronado and Las Vegas portions of the trip to make both these trips possible. I am sure we'll be back.

:banana: I called today and made our PS for DLR. We are having lunch at the Blue Bayou and breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen.

So much for trying to plan a surprise trip for DH's birthday. But, I got two Disney trips out of it. So, I can't complain too much. Two for the price of one. :laughing:

:happytv: DH is in the other room watching a Disneyland special we DVRd last year. He's my BIG kid. I think he's a little excited about the trip. :rotfl:

Don't you just love men? LOL They will totally change all the plans! Have a wonderful time. Now you've got some planning to do!

Check out the ridemax software. Can make a trip to DL much easier.

Don't you just love men? LOL They will totally change all the plans! Have a wonderful time. Now you've got some planning to do!

Check out the ridemax software. Can make a trip to DL much easier.

:thumbsup2 They mentioned ridemax on the DIS Unplugged Podcast. I think their segment on Disneyland is what got DH thinking about going. :rolleyes1

:idea: I hinted today that I really wanted to see the Grand Canyon on the way back home. So, we may still get to do that. There are some "buffer" days built-in. So, if we want to stay at DLR longer or actually take the longer way home (via Grand Canyon) we can. :cool1:

:wizard: I am on a quest to find a Passporter - Disneyland today. It was suppose to be delivered to the book stores in February. But, there was a delay. The Unofficial Guide just isn't cutting it for me. Off to B&N ...

I'm not really a WDW veteran with two (long) visits in '07 and '08, but I guess you could call me a Disneyland Paris veteran with 12 visits between '97 and '08.

This year we're visiting Disneyland during our two week trip through California. We've been to this area of the states in '06, but didn't get to see Disneyland so we always wanted to go back. :wizard:

I think we'll be back in WDW one day, but it's a big trip for us and we have some other plans for the future, so we'll see how it goes :)

For the moment, I'm really looking forward to our first Disneyland visit! :cheer2:

Skip the Passporter Disneyland - unless you like the pocket and planning pages. As a WDW veteran - it didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. Hydroguy's threads were much more informative.

Have fun with both your Disney trips! At least you get to go soon to SOME Disney park. I'm dying with my 2+ month wait. :rolleyes1

Wow, well now you are going to DLR before me! Looking forward to reading about your trip. I'm interested especially in how Goofy's Kitchen goes. I'm thinking of booking that for DD's birthday.

If y'all don't already listen to the DIS Unplugged Podcast - run by the owners of this board, you should. :thumbsup2 From here on out, they will be featuring stories on DL planning - from dining and hotel reviews, to cool things to do around the parks. They should be a lot of fun and will help with your trips!

(Of course, I completely realize this is a shamless plug to get more of our DL folks to listen!!!!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: )

I will second that shameless plug! :thumbsup2
It was Pete & the gang's talk about DL that made me really want to go. They keep saying how it is such a different experience.

Acutally I am over here as I am starting some planning for my first trip to DL for the end of August/beginning of September. DD is very aware that she is the only family member not to celebrate her birthday in a Disney Way. I will take any suggestion for a celebrating an 8th birthday at DL. I will admit the planning likely won't start in full until AFTER the podcast cruise in May :woohoo:

Skip the Passporter Disneyland - unless you like the pocket and planning pages. As a WDW veteran - it didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. Hydroguy's threads were much more informative.

I couldn't find the new Passporter - Disneyland. I couldn't even find an old (1996 version) Passport - Disneyland. The clerk told me the new version won't be out until early summer now.:scared: I may venture out to 1/2 Price Books today to see if they have an older version. After hearing the DIS Unplugged Podcast on ridemax (and a previous post's recommendation). I am leaning towards subscribing to that too. Every bit will help! ;)

Wow, well now you are going to DLR before me! Looking forward to reading about your trip. I'm interested especially in how Goofy's Kitchen goes. I'm thinking of booking that for DD's birthday.

:thumbsup2 I'll give you a report on Goofy's Kitchen.

:goodvibes I have to admit, making PS for DLR was so much easier than an ADR for WDW. I pretty much had my pick of times. I was shocked to get an 11:30 am PS for Blue Bayou. I hope that means the parks will be reasonable crowd-wise

With the Podcast Crew's recommendation, we are touring the parks Monday, Tuesday and and Wednesday. If needed or desired, we can tour Thursday too. :sad2: DH said there isn't a showing of Fantasmic! on Mon - Wed. I thought it was shown every night (sometimes two times). Did he misread?????

I assume with DLP being a "locals" park. It would be busy during the locals' Spring Break. Does anyone know when the locals have Spring Break or Californians in general? I googled and read a lot of April dates. :worship: I'm hoping that is still true.

:

I assume with DLP being a "locals" park. It would be busy during the locals' Spring Break. Does anyone know when the locals have Spring Break or Californians in general? I googled and read a lot of April dates. :worship: I'm hoping that is still true.

I can tell you that some of the AZ schools have Spring Break that week...we are going to be there the 15th and 16th. I remember reading about other breaks that week, but I don't remember what states they were.

:confused: What is the first ride everyone plans to ride at Disneyland? We are heading straight for ...

The Matterhorn Bobsleds

:confused: Was is the first ride everyone plans to ride at Disneyland? We are heading straight for ...

The Matterhorn Bobsleds

LOL. That is where we head first too. Of course you then have to go on it again and pick the other side! :laughing: While not quite Expedition Everest, it is really a fun ride! :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 I'll give you a report on Goofy's Kitchen.

DH said there isn't a showing of Fantasmic! on Mon - Wed. I thought it was shown every night (sometimes two times). Did he misread?????

Thanks, from what I've read here on the boards Fantasmic will be closed March to May. I'm hoping it's back up by the time we get there.

Add me to the list of WDW vets headed to Disneyland this year!!! I've been one time - in 2005 for our 10 year anniversary. I think the castle was decorated like a cake or something! It was cool!

I'm going because I have a wedding in Portland to go to and the flights between Portland and LA were TOO cheap not to take advantage!!! We are doing a whole 16 days spread out between Portland, Disneyland and then up to San Francisco! I'm pretty excited!!! :thumbsup2

We saw most of the LA/Hollywood/San Diego stuff when we were there in '05 so we aren't doing anything in LA besides Disney!!! We will have 3 full days at Disney plus most of our arrival and departure days!!!! :banana:

Although WDW will always be "home" - I am excited to get back to Disneyland! There is something magical about visiting the park that Walt built and actually walked around in! :cloud9: I'm also going to do the "Walt's Footsteps" tour and I can't WAIT!!! Oh yeah... AND it's my BIRTHDAY!!!! :yay: :woohoo: :yay:

Oh... and even though we live in Louisiana now, we lived in Fort Worth for 10 years... so that SORT of puts me in the Texas club huh??? :laughing:

:confused: What is the first ride everyone plans to ride at Disneyland? We are heading straight for ...

The Matterhorn Bobsleds

We will probably be going for Indiana Jones or Space Mountain. Haven't run it by DH yet.....:yay:

Getting excited! 115 days to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter