WDW Roads are for CARS not..

This type of thing makes me so angry. I would venture to guess that if there was an accident, this jogger mom would be looking to sue Disney and everyone else. No personal responsibility. It is like a mother not watching her children on the beach or at a pool, and when the child drowns, blaming the lifeguard. Get used to it folks. This is the country we will have from now on. You will be able to sue McDonalds because you are fat, sue Frito/Lay's because you eat too much salt, and sue the car companies because of your injury sustained when you hit a wall going 100 MPH. We are all victims, don't you know?:sad2::sad2:

:rotfl::rotfl:

a few months ago i saw an adult male in jogging around this same area, it was around 6:am and dark. I almost hit him. I wondered what he was thinking!

a few months ago i saw an adult male in jogging around this same area, it was around 6:am and dark. I almost hit him. I wondered what he was thinking!

I'm sure there wasn't any thought process what so ever. I wonder if 'Jogger Mom' was charged with child endangerment. Whether these kids are used to riding in traffic or not is not important. They shouldn't be doing it all, anywhere not just WDW. It is possible to rent bikes from FW. If they did, it's not that far by road to the Cont. That said, I wouldn't want to ride, walk, or run on that road. It's two lane and fairly narrow.

A suggestion would be to limit bike riding on Disney World property to only sidewalks and other restricted areas (like a Fort Wilderness type area). Jogging/running could be restricted the same way. Yes, it might cause some hassles for the hard core biker or runner but there are plenty of safe places to do this type of activity.

it is limited, and most people have enough since to realize it.

They should have been out there IMMEDIATELY. No questions asked.

I can assure you if Disney security had seen this, it would have been dealt with immediately. However they don't as someone said, just magically appear.

1) WDW will speak with you if you are walking/running on WDW roads.
2) However, bike riding IS NOT illegal on WDW roads.
3) Riders should be careful, but it is permitted. *

* If using you own bikes. Bikes rented from WDW are not permitted on WDW roads, per the rental agreement you sign when you get the bike.

This was not just some family out on a joy ride...

It was a Disney sponsored Triathlon that ran the whole weekend, kids on Saturday, Adults on Sunday...

Here is a pic from today, around 3:00 at the entrance to Wilderness Lodge at World Drive. The parked car is an unmarked FHP vehicle, and you can see people riding and walking bikes....there were signs, security, and orange cones everywhere.....

marathon.jpg

BUT the kids were not supervised if the mother was "jogging far behind". I'm sorry but knowing the traffic in/around WDW I would NEVER allow my child to ride a bicycle along ANY of the roads. Drivers are often trying to "find their way" and dealing with children on bicycles beside your car just adds to a stressful situation. Another reason there should be mandatory "parenting classes" for some! :eek: :tink:

The issue is not whether biking is permitted on these roads. The issue is a mother that lets very small children ride unsupervised. As soon as she yelled at the kid, child services should have been called in. Not for yelling, but for acknowledging she had allowed this.

This was about 11:30 am, past the WL entrance and there were no cones present (either farther down OR at the intersection) so no they were not in the area of "acceptability" when it came to the Triathlon.

If it were adults I'd still classify it in the "not such a smart idea" category but with small unsupervised young kids it's IMO inexcusable...

Apparently from talking to others who drove by at the same time traffic backed up almost to the Toll Plaza while these kids were in the road.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter