WDW Photography

dairyou

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Hi!

My husband said we can have our pictures taken by a WDW photographer :p !

We will be going in 3 weeks while the Christmas decorations are up. The majority of the pictures we'd like to have is non Christmas like. Any ideas of where a good backround would be? Some with some beautiful flowers or scenery? We're open to any suggestions since we have no clue where to take it.

Also any of you that have had this done were you happy with it?

Thanks!

Deb

If you have your own camera, you can also ask just about any CM that you see if they'd be willing to take a picture for you. Most of them will be happy to do it, if they're not already in the middle of something, and if their job allows it.

(asking anyone in a load zone at an attraction is probably not going to work very well, they're all fairly busy and there are safety concerns associated with that particular area)

Well, I love the Magic Kingdom so if I had to pick, I'd probably go with the Rose Garden (not a lot of blooms right now, but the Castle would be in the background). My second choice would be World Showcase at Epcot. Especially since I believe WDW Photography can schedule your session before WS opens.

I have not used WDW Photography but my understanding is that while you might get quite a few shots in, they would only be at 2 or 3 different locations?

:) Michele

The hub area by the Castle, usually filled with poinsettia trees, the courtyard of the Boardwalk Resort, filled with poinsettias, Grand Floridian, inside of outside, and of the entrances to the parks, HUGE Christmas trees, Main Street. Take a look at the link in my signature, I am sure I have some in there.

we have had photos taken by the photographers at wdw and they are fabulous. you select from one of the parks, only certain areas, and the resorts, mostly the deluxe. if i remember correctly, not all the parks are available. we chose world showcase for ours. we went to several different countries. our appointment was early so there are no "others" in the photos! if you select a resort, your photos will be at that resort only. i felt like the price was no more than what i would have paid for photos taken at home. good luck!:tongue:

Thanks everyone for your responses! I'll be calling them today. Disney Queen was nice enough to email me her photos and she has a very handsome family!

Dan, all the places you described and have in your pictures are great! The problem...which one to pick!

Deb

I don't want to be a downer, but if I may offer a piece of advice. If you are going to have a WDW photographer take your photos, I would recommend asking them to take two. We have had photos taken many times by WDW photographers. They do a fine job. However, this past trip, we had a photo taken with our DS(7months) with Sorcerer Mickey. They only took one photo, and it came out blurry. We brought him back for another, but this Mickey didn't interact well this time. He wouldn't hold my son (as the previous one did). This was my son's first trip to WDW and he fell in love with Mickey. It was amazing to see. After that, we asked the photographers to take an additional photo for the special-don't-want-to-miss photos.
It's not wasting film. These are all digital, so it is only an extra couple of Megabytes on their memory card.

My two cents.

We used WDW Event Productions for a family photo sitting about 2 years ago. They did a wonderful job, although it was not cheap.

If memory serves, as of mid-2002 they could shoot at just about any location on WDW property EXCEPT MGM Studios. At Epcot, they have access to all World Showcase locations prior to 11am. In the hour sitting window, there is time to set-up at 3 or 4 different backdrops if you want some variety.

They did mention that the Rose Garden is about the only suitable location at the Magic Kingdom due to crowd levels.

When we renewed our vows, we used the Disney Photographer. It was wonderful. Pictures were of the two of us, just the kids, and all of us together. They took a bunch of pictures around the Rose Garden at Magic Kingdom. The castle in the background is wonderful. They even took us through the fence and up onto the lawn. Great to have pictures without people right around you. I've had people ask if the picture is real, it is so perfect. They picked 12 pictures (you can change them later), and put them into a folding "portfolio", which is a great way to display them. Walt Disney World and the 4-park symbol is embossed on the front. The rest of the pictures were sent also. I would really recommend them. Wonderful service, and he told great stories of his work too! Our kids loved him.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce:

This may be difficult to pull off, but IF the Wedding Pavilion at the Grand Floridian were free, that would be a perfect place to have a picture taken. It is beautifully furnished, and there is a huge window in the back facing Cinderella's Castle.

Originally posted by lucky1
Is there a link or phone number to WDW photography?

Disney Photographic Services (407) 827-5099

Last year during Christmas week, we had Disney Photography photograph our extended family in the United Kingdom. Very pretty garden and backgrounds there w/out being obvious it was Christmas time.

We had 10 people and several families and wanted lots of combinations. We did all of ours in the UK area, since you only have the photographer for 1 hour.

If you have a small family, I would either do the MK or all of World Showcase and get lots of different backgrounds.

You won't regret using Disney Photography! I would use them again.

Laura

Do they have package prices or is it by the picture? I hate to ask, but can anyone give me a rough idea of how much "expensive" is?

D4D

The minimum is a one hour sitting fee, which includes proofs of ALL photos taken and the portfolio mentioned. I believe they also give you on-line access to the photos now, but you'll want to ask to be certain.

The cost is just under $300.

If you want your photos taken in a theme park location, you need park tickets for all of your party, too.

DVC members get a 10% discount, and I believe Annual Passholders also get 10% off.

Additional prints are available for a fee.

We're having a photography session for our group of 11 at the Rose Garden at Magic Kingdom over XMAS. The cost is $275 for up to 8 people, $325 for 9-15 people, and $375 for 16-25 people. You do receive the proofs of the pictures they take and individual pictures in other sizes can be purchased. A sample package is two 8X10's, 2 5X7's & 8 wallets for $75. An individual 5X7 is $20. Yes, they'll give on-line access for viewing and ordering additional prints.

There is not an Annual Pass discount (I asked), but there is AAA discount (10%). We're not DVC so I didn't ask about that. The discount is only for the session fee, not for the additional prints.

You can also buy a CD of all the shots taken for an additional $75 to the package price. This is the way to go if you want reprints.

Laura

Funny story about one of the photographers at Epcot past February. While I was taking pictures (at night) he laughed and told me that I'm just wasting my time taking the picture with my camera because it's low lighting and I won't get the picture right etc.

Meanwhile, he said all that while he clearly sees me fiddling with my camera, setting it to night mode, flash on, and have a solid tripod (actually more solid than his).

Here are the nights pictures that he poo-pooed.

http://groups.msn.com/lafamigliadisusilo/disney2004feb18mgm.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=457

Look at the picture yourself, does it really worth paying them that much even if they are better photographers?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter