WDW for Couples - Post your questions and suggestions here!!!

I am on my phone so I can't quote but it is great to run across another Contemporary/BLT lover! Now back to work I go.

stayed at the poly also with a mk view............ great resort.............. just not the same. ( to far away, the fireworks don't set the car alarms off. :lmao:)

dvczerfs said:
stayed at the poly also with a mk view............ great resort.............. just not the same. ( to far away, the fireworks don't set the car alarms off. :lmao:)

Hey I figured out how to quote! That is too funny. DH and I always get the giggles over the car alarms during the fireworks.

I have a question for all of you couples who've been without kids: what are the most romantic lounges? DH and I like to sit in interesting bars/lounges and have cocktails and apps. We are in our 40s, so not really interested in super loud or late night crowds. Just low key wonderfulness:). Thanks.

We always like hanging out in the River Roost Lounge at the Port Orleans Riverside. When "Yee Haw" Bob is not performing it is a very laid back setting, friendly bar staff and good pub grub.

I suggest MNSSHP in October. DH and I try to go every year and we do dress in costumes.

The DW and I went to Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party for the first time this last Halloween and had too much fun! Seriously, we can't recommend enough! So much, while sadly not going this year, we would like to in 2015!

nealfreakinporter said:
The DW and I went to Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party for the first time this last Halloween and had too much fun! Seriously, we can't recommend enough! So much, while sadly not going this year, we would like to in 2015!

Maybe we will run into you. We are skipping this year too.

I was reading on another thread here suggesting that if it is just two adults, you don't need a backpack. Especially because of the heat. However, we have always brought a backpack with us to DLR. Where do you put your water bottles? I cannot imagine not having a water bottle available at any given time in that heat! I don't want to run around looking for a drink, I want it when I want it. Any suggestions? That is probably the main point of our backpack, to carry water bottles and snacks.

Maybe we will run into you. We are skipping this year too.

Lets hope! It seems so far away, but gives us plenty of time to save, and plan an amazing trip. We didn't bring costumes last time, but the next trip, oh there will be an intricate costume involved!

PinkBudgie said:
I was reading on another thread here suggesting that if it is just two adults, you don't need a backpack. Especially because of the heat. However, we have always brought a backpack with us to DLR. Where do you put your water bottles? I cannot imagine not having a water bottle available at any given time in that heat! I don't want to run around looking for a drink, I want it when I want it. Any suggestions? That is probably the main point of our backpack, to carry water bottles and snacks.

We don't carry water bottles the entire day and never take snacks. We take a bottle in with us and refill it 1 time then into the recycle it goes. We get free water with lunch then a beverage in the afternoon. It has never been an issue for us. We do not visit the parks in June, July, or August so I am sure that makes a difference.

nealfreakinporter said:
Lets hope! It seems so far away, but gives us plenty of time to save, and plan an amazing trip. We didn't bring costumes last time, but the next trip, oh there will be an intricate costume involved!

Hmmmm, now you have peaked my curiosity. We have done 1950's since it is cool and easy to wear and my DD 25 went as Buzzette Lightyear, we have some great pics of her interacting with Buzz in the park!

It's really about what people prefer to do. You'll find people recommend many different variety of bags or no bags for different reasons but I too take a small backpack We too travel in late fall

A small backpack works for us. We use it for water, sunscreen, wallets, small cameras,souvenirs keys, sunglasses at night, napkins, foldable hat. etc i know some people don't need any of these things but we do. Lol. If its warm, I just carry it over one shoulder but sometimes I just give it to my DH so he can be my 'beast of burden'. He'd rather carry a small backpack than a woman's handbag. Lol

It's really about what people prefer to do. You'll find people recommend many different variety of bags or no bags for different reasons but I too take a small backpack We too travel in late fall A small backpack works for us. We use it for water, sunscreen, wallets, small cameras,souvenirs keys, sunglasses at night, napkins, foldable hat. etc i know some people don't need any of these things but we do. Lol. If its warm, I just carry it over one shoulder but sometimes I just give it to my DH so he can be my 'beast of burden'. He'd rather carry a small backpack than a woman's handbag. Lol

Yeah, I carry one of those camelback packs...I take the water bladder out, and put some water bottles, ziplock bags (to put phones and wallet in, if going on water rides), sunglasses, sunscreen, other odds and ends. It's a small narrow backpack so it doesn't get heavy, and I don't look 'dorky' with a fannypack. ... Not that there's anything wrong with one. Haha.

we don't carry a bag or anything. I wear those cargo shorts. I put two rain ponchos in my back pocket. I have a small bild fold that has id, card and some cash in my front pocket and I phone in another. dw carries her I phone in her pocket or will throw it on the mule.:lmao:
we tried those water bottle straps. didn't work to well for us. we just get them as we go. we hit the parks are rope drop and head back to the resort around noon-1pm. back to a park around 4 to eat and hang out so we are not in the parks all day. try to stay out during the hottest time of the day.
we went from a back pack, to a small bag to a small camera bag to nothing so it took some time for us to consolidate.

Hmmmm, now you have peaked my curiosity. We have done 1950's since it is cool and easy to wear and my DD 25 went as Buzzette Lightyear, we have some great pics of her interacting with Buzz in the park!

You have inspired me! If we stay at POP again, maybe the DW and I go, dressed as quintessential fashion decade of the wing we stay in (50's/60's/70's/80's/90's)! Could be fun, and as you said, still comfortable to rock, while in the park. ...I'd hope for either a classy 50s/60's or 80's.

nealfreakinporter said:
You have inspired me! If we stay at POP again, maybe the DW and I go, dressed as quintessential fashion decade of the wing we stay in (50's/60's/70's/80's/90's)! Could be fun, and as you said, still comfortable to rock, while in the park. ...I'd hope for either a classy 50s/60's or 80's.

That is funny you said that. DH has been scouring the local Goodwill for a leisure suit, we were thinking of doing the 70's next trip. He found the dreadful shoes already!

DH (43) is taking me to the World for my fabulous 40th birthday in August. I'm too excited to sleep! We're booked at the WL. We've been 5 times prior to this, all with kids, 2012 was without DH & DS as DD was in the Dance Down Mainstreet production. I'm super excited to go with just my sweet hubby! I've got all my ADR's made and am counting down to my advance FP day! I love all the tips for the romantic walks & places to grab a drink in the evenings. So glad I found this thread!

Haven't read the whole thread yet, by have a question...my DH and I are talking about possibly going without kids in the fall or early next year. We have 4 kids ages 6-14 and we've taken them three times. We've never gone without them and I'm not sure how they would handle it. They love it as much as we do. How do you guys break it to the kids that you're going to WDW, but without them??

feet1 said:
Haven't read the whole thread yet, by have a question...my DH and I are talking about possibly going without kids in the fall or early next year. We have 4 kids ages 6-14 and we've taken them three times. We've never gone without them and I'm not sure how they would handle it. They love it as much as we do. How do you guys break it to the kids that you're going to WDW, but without them??

Not sure this helps but we did it unapologetically. As in, "dad and I are going to FL for our anniversary in October, you are staying with Grandma and going to school. Yes, if you are good we may bring you something". If the asked about WDW we responded with a simple yes. It is only a big deal if you make it one. Kids can smell guilt a mile away. Mine are now in their 20's and going without me. It didn't hurt them 1 iota to be left on occasion.

Not sure this helps but we did it unapologetically. As in, "dad and I are going to FL for our anniversary in October, you are staying with Grandma and going to school. Yes, if you are good we may bring you something". If the asked about WDW we responded with a simple yes. It is only a big deal if you make it one. Kids can smell guilt a mile away. Mine are now in their 20's and going without me. It didn't hurt them 1 iota to be left on occasion.

Thank you so much for this response! it's perfect! And exactly how we will put it!!

I just booked the Epcot After Hours Wind Down for our August trip. Looks like a perfect thing to do as a couple!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter