WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I'm sorry if I missed it somewhere...but...is there anything official posted by Disney saying absolutely no park hoping until 2021? It seems like they know it's a big issue and likely want to bring it back asap but on a FB blog, I saw someone saying no until 2021. TRUE?

All that is officially posted is here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/park-reservations

• At this time, Guests will be able to select one park per day; visiting more than one park per day will be temporarily unavailable upon the reopening of the theme parks due to attendance limitations.

@Crazyhorse - also the statement in yesterday’s DPB post:

At this time, guests will be able to select one park per day; visiting more than one park per day will be temporarily unavailable upon the reopening of the theme parks due to attendance limitations. Guests with existing tickets that include the Park Hopper Option or Park Hopper Plus Option have options available to them for ticket modifications and cancellations, and can visit DisneyWorld.com/Updatesfor more information. We hope to bring back the ability to visit more than one park per day soon and will continue to offer these add-ons for 2021 ticket purchases.

Thanks. Now, the question is about the time window for entering the Park. Difficult to know months in advance what time you would enter a Park.

It’s looking like you’ll reserve a park for the whole day, at worst a couple hours past opening.

@Crazyhorse - also the statement in yesterday’s DPB post:

At this time, guests will be able to select one park per day; visiting more than one park per day will be temporarily unavailable upon the reopening of the theme parks due to attendance limitations. Guests with existing tickets that include the Park Hopper Option or Park Hopper Plus Option have options available to them for ticket modifications and cancellations, and can visit DisneyWorld.com/Updatesfor more information. We hope to bring back the ability to visit more than one park per day soon and will continue to offer these add-ons for 2021 ticket purchases.
Yes, I've read all of this. As mentioned, someone on a Disney FB blog said NO Park hopping until 2021. I'm hoping it's not true...because the current posted info seems to indicate that they want to bring it back asap. So at this time, I'm gonna assume the FB blog is incorrect. How....unusual:).

Yes, I've read all of this. As mentioned, someone on a Disney FB blog said NO Park hopping until 2021. I'm hoping it's not true...because this posted info seems to indicate that they want to bring it back asap. So at this time, I'm gonna assume the FB blog is incorrect. How....unusual:).

I’m sure the folks on the rumors board can tell you the latest rumors, I can’t help you there (sorry). But for me, I’m going to go with what Disney says and not a FB post.

Putting aside the need to manage park capacity (the more important goal at the moment), longer term, park hopping tickets are a cash cow so I am ‘assuming’ Disney would want to get that back in business as soon as reasonably possible, while still maintaining appropriate capacity needs in place at the time.

I'm sorry if I missed it somewhere...but...is there anything official posted by Disney saying absolutely no park hopping until 2021? It seems like they know it's a big issue and likely want to bring it back asap but on a FB blog, I saw someone saying no until 2021. TRUE?
It stated in the email from Disney "select ticket options, such as Park Hopper, MAY not be available" which indicates to me that they would like this back ups and running asap

I’m just now getting caught up. Perhaps this is obvious and I’m being dense, but what exactly is the reason for the park reservation system opening now for folks so far out (9/26/21)? I knew it would be around for awhile/forever, but figured there would be a smaller window out for the moment. What am I missing? Disney just ripping off the band aid and getting everyone up and running on this new setup?

The only thing I can imagine is that they believe their system will not be overwhelmed by the amount of people who are eligible to participate at that time. It's going to be exciting :wizard:

Perhaps this is obvious and I’m being dense, but what exactly is the reason for the park reservation system opening now for folks so far out (9/26/21)? I knew it would be around for awhile/forever, but figured there would be a smaller window out for the moment.
I think they assume the system will crash a lot between 6/22-6/28 at each of their new reservation windows. But after that, booking reservations should be smooth sailing, since they will be happening piecemail as people finalize plans and such.

maybe they're taking the DEO (Fl unemployment site) approach. Expect for it to crash so people don't keep filing for their money :D
Rather than having the system keep getting overwhelmed and crashing at whatever intervals they could have picked, they just crash hard for a few select days. There's no way to avoid it, really, so they've accepted it and hope it'll be ironed out combined with not having that crush of demand after 6/29.

Tech/Crash issues aside because that is a different situation, am I the only one who isn’t very worried about Monday. Each individual is only completing with people who have resorts reservations and tickets for the exact same days you are staying. Since AP only people and other groups are excluded seems like they people booking on Monday 6/22 really isn’t that large and that’s assuming everyone knows they have to do this.
Hopefully this is also the case. I plan to try late on Mon 6/22 or early on 6/23, hopefully in the eye of the storm... I am pretty flexible at this point and not aiming for a popular date.

I have just spoken to a CM who has assured me that the park reservations will be linked to your tickets and not your resort reservation, therefore upgrading resort will not impact any park reservations.
I'm not clear on what happens if you need to change the ticket media to enter the parks and you've already made reservations. There are lots of reasons why someone may make a reservation with a ticket or an AP voucher, and then decide later to purchase an AP or other ticket. Is it tied to *a* specific ticket or to your MDE profile? Is it the case that as long as you have a valid ticket media in your profile, you can make reservations and then enter the park?

So many questions. I assume we'll be able to change park days, based on availability? And if we need to select a time, we can also modify it, especially if hours change?

I'm not clear on what happens if you need to change the ticket media to enter the parks and you've already made reservations. There are lots of reasons why someone may make a reservation with a ticket or an AP voucher, and then decide later to purchase an AP or other ticket. Is it tied to *a* specific ticket or to your MDE profile? Is it the case that as long as you have a valid ticket media in your profile, you can make reservations and then enter the park?

I was told that I was fine to make park reservations on Monday with my park hoppers and then calling at a later time to switch to regular tickets. It would not mess up the reservations I already made.

I have a stay booked for April 2021 with rented DVC points. I have not yet purchased tickets. I assume I need to wait until 6/28 to purchase tickets and make park reservations? I can't call and purchase tickets on 6/24 as my reservation is a DVC reservation and can't be made into a package?

I have a stay booked for April 2021 with rented DVC points. I have not yet purchased tickets. I assume I need to wait until 6/28 to purchase tickets and make park reservations? I can't call and purchase tickets on 6/24 as my reservation is a DVC reservation and can't be made into a package?
I talk to DVC MS this am. They stated you would not be able to add tickets on the 24th, that was only converting a cash hotel reservation into a package. But I am not even sure you are good on the 28th. Buying new stand alone tickets in available "later this summer".

I talk to DVC MS this am. They stated you would not be able to add tickets on the 24th, that was only converting a cash hotel reservation into a package. But I am not even sure you are good on the 28th. Buying new stand alone tickets in available "later this summer".
On the website it says "By June 28, all Guests will be able to purchase new Disney Resort hotel packages and theme park tickets and make their park reservations for arrivals starting in 2021 as our phased reopening continues.". I took this to mean 2021 packages and stand alone tickets would be available to purchase on 6/28.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter