WDW Commando Club

wow!!! That's incredible... I'm glad it didn't close it down for my trip, and I'm also glad no one was hurt. Who'd a thought that sparks from the firework would set a ride on fire?

Have a Great Trip Wendy and any other Commandos that are there or going soon :goodvibes, let us know how Christmas is shaping up and what to expect at WDW during this season:cool1:.

I love this thread! I am definitely a Disney Commando. Our trip starts on November 20th and we have been planning since January 30th. OK, rephrase - I have been planning. ;) Being the firstborn, and the only family member to have gone to WDW, it came naturally and I must say, I love it! I have loved everything from ADRs, FP+, Magic Bands, schedules, etc. Some frustrations, but we are heading into a trip with almost everything we want to do (CRT is the only lacking part), and all paid for except food and souvenirs.

Now for the tricky part. I have worked out a map and schedule for Day 1 at MK (we get 2 days there), based around our FP+ and lunch FP at BOG. But I don't want to be a drill sergeant. What are your tips for being a covert commando and getting the family to follow the schedule without knowing they are following the schedule? :lmao:

I love this thread! I am definitely a Disney Commando. Our trip starts on November 20th and we have been planning since January 30th. OK, rephrase - I have been planning. ;) Being the firstborn, and the only family member to have gone to WDW, it came naturally and I must say, I love it! I have loved everything from ADRs, FP+, Magic Bands, schedules, etc. Some frustrations, but we are heading into a trip with almost everything we want to do (CRT is the only lacking part), and all paid for except food and souvenirs.

Now for the tricky part. I have worked out a map and schedule for Day 1 at MK (we get 2 days there), based around our FP+ and lunch FP at BOG. But I don't want to be a drill sergeant. What are your tips for being a covert commando and getting the family to follow the schedule without knowing they are following the schedule? :lmao:

:welcome: You are member #272:cool1:, What I would do is have a meeting soon and present your case, you have been researching and planning since Jan. and you feel that you would be able to lead the group into a successful and enjoyable trip, leave it open that you are open to suggestions in the plans (never know someone might add something useful:confused3) also some might want to do something you don't want to, so knowing in advance gives you the opportunity to revise plans to satisfy everyone:thumbsup2,

Remind everyone that it is a TEAM effort and the meaning of TEAM is Together Everyone Achieves More:thumbsup2

Since you have been planing since Jan I'm sure you got a pretty solid plan, so if you end up ahead of schedule, throw them a bone every once and awhile and let them choose what to do next:confused3 It's the little things that keeps everyone a team player:yay:

Now I have no clue about the group you will be with if any of this might work:confused3, if you don't think it would work you will have to fill us in more about your travel group::yes::

That sounds great! We have just been doing snippets of the plan as things came along, but a big, sit-down, go over everything meeting would probably be really helpful!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I leave 2 weeks from tomorrow!!

Hi fellow Commandos! I an Excel Spreadsheet, iPhone reminders. & calendar type of planner. My family doesn't 't mind my insistence that we get to the parks for RD because they see the benefit of it and I also let them sleep in every few days. I have a mental plan of attack for our trips to ensure that we get to do everything we want but I 'm also smart enough to put the family on the bus back to the resort when I see that they need a break! I'm a huge fan of naps, I take every opportunity to take one and a morning at WDW delivers the perfect ones! We're not over scheduled commando tourists, we just know how to move about the parks like Disney Ninjas!

Things we don't know - Did you get a good nights sleep when you got there:confused3

No:) got in later than planned.

Did you somewhat follow your plan or run amuck:confused3 I will admit the 1st day it is very easy to run amuck and that is totally understandable, I think you said you were staying for 2 weeks, so you got plenty of time to get everything done:thumbsup2 - Hope you let us know how things are going:goodvibes

It's good to hear that it's easy to run a muck:)
We didn't really stay on plan, but tried. Got to see some stuff.:) we got front row for the MNSSHP that was cool! Excited to see Wishes tonight. Did Food and Wine, Morocco was my favorite area.
More bad news, that I'm trying to work around; Hubby has been sick an in bed, we're on day 3 now. If this keeps up I'll just go to the parks alone and commando it out! He should be able to do slow rides this afternoon, fingers crossed.

Hi fellow Commandos! I an Excel Spreadsheet, iPhone reminders. & calendar type of planner. My family doesn't 't mind my insistence that we get to the parks for RD because they see the benefit of it and I also let them sleep in every few days. I have a mental plan of attack for our trips to ensure that we get to do everything we want but I 'm also smart enough to put the family on the bus back to the resort when I see that they need a break! I'm a huge fan of naps, I take every opportunity to take one and a morning at WDW delivers the perfect ones! We're not over scheduled commando tourists, we just know how to move about the parks like Disney Ninjas!

:welcome: You are member #273:cool1: I too like my naps while at WDW, although we do not go back to the resort, there are many attractions that are nap gems (boat ride from HS to Epcot, Universe of Energy, Hall of Presidents, Muppets 3D, Nemo the Musicial) don't get me wrong all these attractions are good, but after walking around in the sun awhile, sitting down in the A/C with dimmed lighting can put you right out:rolleyes1:thumbsup2:lmao:

Things we don't know - Did you get a good nights sleep when you got there:confused3

No:) got in later than planned.

Did you somewhat follow your plan or run amuck:confused3 I will admit the 1st day it is very easy to run amuck and that is totally understandable, I think you said you were staying for 2 weeks, so you got plenty of time to get everything done:thumbsup2 - Hope you let us know how things are going:goodvibes

It's good to hear that it's easy to run a muck:)
We didn't really stay on plan, but tried. Got to see some stuff.:) we got front row for the MNSSHP that was cool! Excited to see Wishes tonight. Did Food and Wine, Morocco was my favorite area.
More bad news, that I'm trying to work around; Hubby has been sick an in bed, we're on day 3 now. If this keeps up I'll just go to the parks alone and commando it out! He should be able to do slow rides this afternoon, fingers crossed.

Hope your Husband feels better soon:good vibes, It's no fun especially at WDW being sick:scared1:Been there done it, everything from a cold to the stomach bug, no fun at all, I know how you feel:sick:

:welcome: You are member #273:cool1: I too like my naps while at WDW, although we do not go back to the resort, there are many attractions that are nap gems (boat ride from HS to Epcot, Universe of Energy, Hall of Presidents, Muppets 3D, Nemo the Musicial) don't get me wrong all these attractions are good, but after walking around in the sun awhile, sitting down in the A/C with dimmed lighting can put you right out:rolleyes1:thumbsup2:lmao:

WOOHOO!! #273 reporting for duty!! I might have to play that number tomorrow!

For the record- Ellen's Energy Adventure is my absolute favorite in park nap spot! Two thumbs uuuZzzzzzzzz.... :faint:

Very surprised about the lack of info on this years MVMCP:confused3, The 1st one is this Fri, and basically the only thing I really know is that the Sorcerer card that they are giving at MVMCP is Elsa:scratching

Maybe they will post Characters tomorrow:confused3

Hope all is going well with Commandos at WDW now:thumbsup2

Finally almost everything except a list of MVMCP character M&G's has been listed, should be able to make our master plan soon:cool1:

Right now I've got the weekend free, as DH and the Kids went to visit my MIL in the Gulf Islands. I'm stuck taking care of the zoo. I've got my DS11's Cinnamon Conure on my hand wanting a neck scratch as we speak, as she's really tame. You can flip her on your back in your hand and give her a neck scratch and she's fine with it. Still saving for the WDW trip, and staying the course. I'm still trying to decide if I want to head to Australia for 10 days in 2018 solo. With 3 flights, and travelling for 24 hrs, i'ts a bit daunting. I've got some penfriends who live in Perth I'm thinking about paying a visit to. Problem is I'm debating between Australia solo, or DL for 6 days for the family in 2018. Problem is that the trips are so far in advance, I've got too much time to think about it. I'll make the decision after the WDW trip. Have a great weekend everyone!

Trish

Standing in fastpass line to see the mouse at Epcot

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hello, I would like to join please! I have a trip coming up in 11 days to POR. This will be my second trip with DD7 (last trip was in 2011). Thanks everyone for all of the great tips on this thread!!

Hello, I would like to join please! I have a trip coming up in 11 days to POR. This will be my second trip with DD7 (last trip was in 2011). Thanks everyone for all of the great tips on this thread!!

:welcome: You are member #274:cool1: Are you going to a MVMCP:confused3, What are your plans, were you able to get the FP+s you were looking for:confused3

If you are planning to go to DTD use the boat (the whole bus system there is kinda messed up right now with only the 1 stop)

There are a few Commando Members at WDW now, I'm sure we will all learn 1st hand of the Holiday events from them soon:thumbsup2

Just 5 days away and today the Disney Commando Binder went into my carry on. :) Some might think the binder is too much detail or crazy, but it has saved my Fast Passes once already and I feel so much more secure with it. It's my blankie! :rotfl:

Anyone else taking a planning binder with them? :thumbsup2

Just 5 days away and today the Disney Commando Binder went into my carry on. :) Some might think the binder is too much detail or crazy, but it has saved my Fast Passes once already and I feel so much more secure with it. It's my blankie! :rotfl: Anyone else taking a planning binder with them? :thumbsup2

I don't carry a binder in order to save space, but I do carry printouts of my daily plans from Excel! Have a great time!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Just 5 days away and today the Disney Commando Binder went into my carry on. :) Some might think the binder is too much detail or crazy, but it has saved my Fast Passes once already and I feel so much more secure with it. It's my blankie! :rotfl:

Anyone else taking a planning binder with them? :thumbsup2

My plans, along with the rest of my life, are on my phone now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts