Water spray on Remy

Just wanted to mention that when I sat in the back seat (there are two rows), I didn’t get wet. The front row I did both times. I would be surprised if the water could reach a little person sitting in the backseat.

Good luck planning.

Just wanted to mention that when I sat in the back seat (there are two rows), I didn’t get wet. The front row I did both times. I would be surprised if the water could reach a little person sitting in the backseat.

Good luck planning.
Good call! I meant to say this yesterday. Ask for the back row (1,3,5,7?). I’ll check next time.

He's only been to Disney once before back when he was 3. I think we skipped philharmagic for the same reason. Hmm, these posts are making me think we should probably skip it. Bummer since he loves the movie. But then again, it's a little less stress not having to work one of the most popular rides into our visit!

How bad is the meltdown? I dont think its enough to not try a ride he might love and maybe it will help him adjust and realize a little spinkle of water could be fun. Doesn't he get wet in a bath or shower? How do you handle that?

Hard to convey my compassion in type but I am honestly just curious.

My LO doesn't like water in his eyes in a shower, but on Remy he didnt care at all.

He's only been to Disney once before back when he was 3. I think we skipped philharmagic for the same reason. Hmm, these posts are making me think we should probably skip it. Bummer since he loves the movie. But then again, it's a little less stress not having to work one of the most popular rides into our visit!
What does he think about a mist like you use to spray on plants? It’s not anything like a squirt gun or anything. It wouldn’t even call it a droplet of water. It’s a very fine mist vs. a spray. Does that make any sense? It doesn’t even approach getting the skin wet or damp.
He could even turn his head. Watch ride videos so you know when it’s coming

Thanks, that's kind of why I was asking. I feel like if it's a fine mist, it might not bother him. Although other people on here described it more as droplets, so it sounds like it might depend on where you're sitting. My son is super anxious in general. So even if it's actually no big deal, he'd probably spend the whole ride worrying in anticipation of what it's going to be like. We'll definitely watch ride videos ahead of time so that we know exactly when it's coming, and I'll see if I can convince him to just cover his face during those parts. Or we might just decide to skip it. Appreciate all the input!

Thank you all for your very helpful replies! I had talked to him about perhaps wearing a face mask, which combined with the 3D glasses might protect his face, but he was not convinced. I think droplets directly in his face would upset him, so it might not be worth the risk. Although I do like the idea of covering up the sprayer if a CM can show us where it is. Our trip is still a couple months away, and he gets less sensitive every day, so I will have to play it by ear based on how "brave" he is a couple months from now. But it is good to be armed with this information so we can make an informed decision. Thank you all!
There is definitely water (droplets) probably to the face both in the mop scene and the champagne scene. You should be able to anticipate them. The problem being he may be so enchanted by the scene he forgets to avoid the droplets, especially the first time. I like the idea of using a face shield—just drop it down when you see the mop and the champagne bottle and you should be good.

How does he do with rain? Maybe turn bath time into practice time for his trip. Letting him know what he could expect and then preparing him for it might help him ? I think ride-through videos are an excellent idea so he knows what to expect when. I had an anxious kid and everything made him anxious. Rides he'd ridden before would "terrify" him but after he got on them, he'd say, "that wasn't so bad, it was actually fun"! We also let him choose a pin for every ride that did make him super anxious (HM, TT, BTMRR, SM, you name it, he's got a pin). This lasted until he was about 13 and peer pressure from his classmates at a local amusement park basically got him to go on bigger thrill rides. Now he's all about the rides at Universal!

I'd definitely describe it as droplets vs. a mist and it does impact the front row more. I just rode last weekend and I thought it was more water than I remembered. I could feel the droplets on my scalp but it's far from a soaking. If you do try it, definitely request back row. As others mentioned, there are two water effects one in the kitchen with a mop and one toward the end with the champagne opening. I want to mention that it's possible you get an extended scene with the champagne opening. They run it when they have to slow down the vehicles to allow someone who needs more assistance to board or exit. It's the luck of the draw in terms of whether you'd be in that exact scene when they slow it down but we've gotten it a few times now. He keeps trying to pop the cork but it doesn't work and the anticipation just builds and builds. It's quite cute and funny ... but I imagine it would NOT be if you had a lot of anxiety knowing something is about to spray at you.

Have done this many times. Minimal water spray in the mop scene. You might get a little wetter in the front, but never much.

It is a very fine mist. The mop scene is the only time I remember a water spray. I think ducking down would be fine...

We're just back from our trip and wanted to post an update that we successfully rode Remy thanks to all the tips on this thread! We sat in the back row and my son held a washcloth over his nose and mouth (which combined with the 3D glasses completely protected his full face). During the mop scene we felt the water droplets but they mostly landed on our knees rather than faces. During the champagne scene we didn't feel any water at all - not sure if it even sprayed anything, or maybe only got the front row. In any case, my son enjoyed the ride and we avoided any meltdown thanks to all of your input and suggestions!

We're just back from our trip and wanted to post an update that we successfully rode Remy thanks to all the tips on this thread! We sat in the back row and my son held a washcloth over his nose and mouth (which combined with the 3D glasses completely protected his full face). During the mop scene we felt the water droplets but they mostly landed on our knees rather than faces. During the champagne scene we didn't feel any water at all - not sure if it even sprayed anything, or maybe only got the front row. In any case, my son enjoyed the ride and we avoided any meltdown thanks to all of your input and suggestions!
We rode it a few times recently, and I was thinking of this thread, as I never paid much attention before, except that a number of WDW attractions spray water.

The different times we rode Remy, I was sprayed a slightly different amount each time, and also where it landed on me. At least one of the times I rode, I also did not get any water during the champagne scene. I think I was also sitting in the back row that time.

For future reference, I also paid attention on FoP. When you sit on FoP, there is a very obvious blast of air blowing in your face. That's where the water and scents originate. I put my hands over the air vent and easily kept the water off my face.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter