Water on the plane??

mdezot

Mouseketeer
ok, I know that I cannot take water bottles in my carry-on. But can you pack water bottles in a suitcase and check them? MIL wants to bring a spare suitcase for souvenirs---she and SIL love to shop. MIL usuallky has a car to take back all of her purchases and is concerned about transporting all of her potential goodies home. So, if there is to be an extra suitcase going down, can she fill it with water bottles and snacks and stuff for when we are down there? THanks in advance. We leave Sunday. :confused3

Why not pick up water when you get to WDW? How are you going to pack the water so it doesn't leak and ruin other peoples luggage?

I think she was planning on putting then in a box inside one of the ziploc large storage inside her suitcase....I think.

We ordered a case of water from costco for about $8.00 delivered. You don't have to be a member. It worked out really well for us. It was there when we checked in and lasted us all week.

We ordered a case of water from costco for about $8.00 delivered. You don't have to be a member. It worked out really well for us. It was there when we checked in and lasted us all week.

Was this delivered to your Disney Resort?

Thanks......

Hijacking the thread to ask exactly how you do it..... do you just go to the website and order it... what info do you put on the case??? This is the first time we're doing ME rather than a town car w/ the grocery stop, so I want to be sure we have water for a JULY trip! :rotfl:

When the high school band went one of the girls decided to pack a case of water in her checked bag. The water put the bag over the weight limit. Just a caution in case you do decide to try taking water. It may be easier to have water delivered as PPs have suggested.

Hijacking the thread to ask exactly how you do it..... do you just go to the website and order it... what info do you put on the case??? This is the first time we're doing ME rather than a town car w/ the grocery stop, so I want to be sure we have water for a JULY trip! :rotfl:

I just did this with Costco. I searched bottled water on their website. The shipping info has a first name and last name box and company name. I put the name of the hotel under Company Name. In the last name box, I put our last name - Guest arrival on DATE. In the second address line I put our reservation number. Delivery takes 2-3 days. To make things easier, the name on the shipping label should be the lead name on the reservation.

I just did this with Costco. I searched bottled water on their website. The shipping info has a first name and last name box and company name. I put the name of the hotel under Company Name. In the last name box, I put our last name - Guest arrival on DATE. In the second address line I put our reservation number. Delivery takes 2-3 days. To make things easier, the name on the shipping label should be the lead name on the reservation.

Can I ask a few silly questions (sorry...) How early did you order the water? Was it there when you arrived (so I assume you would have to ask for a package at the front desk), or did they deliver to your room?

Thanks so much!!:)

Thank you so much for that information. :flower3: I will order the water from Costco later today and I will tell my MIL that maybe she should bring a soft suitcase that she can fold and put inside another for the way down.

When we lived in Europe and came to US on holiday, we always checked an empty (or almost empty) 22" suitcase in a 26" suitcase and checked it through. That gave us plenty of room for Christmas presents, school supplies, new summer or winter clothes for the boys, ziplock bags, etc.

My dh now takes a zip-flat duffle bag ($8-15 at Walmart, depending on size) when he goes to Europe on business. It gives him plenty of room to pick up books that haven't been released here yet, food that we can't buy here, etc.

Either of those are good options for your trip.

Unless you're flying on Southwest, most airlines will charge $15 for the first checked bag and $25 for the 2nd. I wouldn't bring an extra suitcase just to bring food and beverages.

If you are worried about having water on the plane as well, you can take empty water bottles and fill them before you get on the plane after you go through security. I do this all the time.

Thanks Jasmom. What a great idea! That will solve the problem of being parched on the plane! Thanks so much. Disers have the BEST ideas!

Thanks Jasmom. What a great idea! That will solve the problem of being parched on the plane! Thanks so much. Disers have the BEST ideas!

You can buy a bottle of water in the snack bar or news-stand inside security and take it onto the plane. The only restriction is taking water through security. It really isn't a big deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter