• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

water in POTC boats still an issue! (small rant)

We were there yesterday. Sat in 2nd row, some family in first row. First row got drenched, 2nd row got wet. I got wetter on Pirates than I did first row in Splash Mtn.. Last week when we were on Pirates water came over the side of the boat after the drop and I was in the fourth row. I expect to get wet on Splash, but not clothes wringing out drenched on Pirates.

We rode it yesterday also - 2nd row, no water in any boats I saw, 1st row was lightly splashed - what a difference! I 'don't' want to get wet - way too cold with winds!!

We went four times this week. Not only did we not get the least bit wet, but i didn't even see any water in the bottom of the boats. People are obviously having very different experiences on this ride.

I did not see that. Most likely for being on my phone.
Obviously we all have nothing better to do with our time but to defend ourselves over a trivial matter.

I was honestly just pointing it out to let you know, i wasn't being defensive at all. Nothing in my statement was defensive, it was just factual to help you out.

I just rode Pirates on Tuesday with DGrD4 at 6 PM. I asked for the back of the boat and we were seated in the 2nd to last seat. We only felt the normal splash of water at the sides of the boat, but when exiting the boat the people in the front rows were making comments about being wet.
We stopped right after the ride at the bathroom there and, when we came out, a family was entering and the husband was yelling at his wife "why did you let me ride that ride and get so wet" and she said "I've ridden that ride many times and never gotten wet - I didn't know!" So apparently some people are still getting wet enough to be upset about it.

You know, it's such a shame that people are still getting wet. This is such an amazing attraction, and I hate to see it turning into this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter