was Tarzan hurt?

jkh1978

DIS Veteran
I was at the Tarzan show on Tuesday and witnessed Tarzan on the vine crash into the band. Was he ok? They closed the show.

My question would be, was the BAND hurt? :eek: At least Tarzan knew he was in for a crash landing.

Hopefully no one was hurt. How scary!

the band tried to keep playing... he hit the mic stands first, so you heard the feedback from the mics. He was on stage for a couple seconds, then hobbled off. Took "awhile", like maybe half a minute, before the curtains were closed.

Tarzan Rocks limps into retirement
As the Tarzan Rocks show enters its final week at Disney's Animal Kingdom, the show has already drastically modified one portion of the show following an accident last week. Last Tuesday, during the portion of the show where Tarzan is "flying" on the "vine" prior to picking up Jane and flying with her, the lift mechanism reportedly failed, sending the actor portraying Tarzan crashing down approximately 20 feet, landing on his back on the corner of the stage risers at the feet of the musicians, his arms still wrapped around the straps. He stood up and exited the stage under his own power, and the show was immediately cancelled.

Thankfully, we have heard that while the actor was "bruised up," he was otherwise fine. The "flying" portion of the show has been replaced by a shorter sequence where Tarzan and Jane "look to the horizon on both sides of the stage, Tarzan carries Jane on his shoulder briefly, and Jane does a short spinning stunt on a rope, with Tarzan spinning the rope."

With the show's final performance on January 21, it doesn't really make much sense to repair the mechanism, especially since the theater will be completely renovated and enclosed before the next production debuts late this year. Still, it's a shame that the production won't be able to hold its closing performances with the complete show.

Thanks for MousePad readers mtnbearcolorado and NitroStitch for the first-hand reports on our discussion forums (link).

jultomzach said:
Tarzan Rocks limps into retirement
As the Tarzan Rocks show enters its final week at Disney's Animal Kingdom, the show has already drastically modified one portion of the show following an accident last week. Last Tuesday, during the portion of the show where Tarzan is "flying" on the "vine" prior to picking up Jane and flying with her, the lift mechanism reportedly failed, sending the actor portraying Tarzan crashing down approximately 20 feet, landing on his back on the corner of the stage risers at the feet of the musicians, his arms still wrapped around the straps. He stood up and exited the stage under his own power, and the show was immediately cancelled.

Thankfully, we have heard that while the actor was "bruised up," he was otherwise fine. The "flying" portion of the show has been replaced by a shorter sequence where Tarzan and Jane "look to the horizon on both sides of the stage, Tarzan carries Jane on his shoulder briefly, and Jane does a short spinning stunt on a rope, with Tarzan spinning the rope."

With the show's final performance on January 21, it doesn't really make much sense to repair the mechanism, especially since the theater will be completely renovated and enclosed before the next production debuts late this year. Still, it's a shame that the production won't be able to hold its closing performances with the complete show.

Thanks for MousePad readers mtnbearcolorado and NitroStitch for the first-hand reports on our discussion forums (link).

wow

would the show have been canceled if not for this?

Oh my thats terrible. Well i never saw the show before on the many times
i have been there. :scared1:

We love the Tarzan show and we will really miss it on our trip in March! :)

metsfan11 said:
wow

would the show have been canceled if not for this?

If you mean did they decide to cancel TARZAN ROCKS permanently BECAUSE of this... no.

It has been scheduled to close this January for a long time.

Wow, I'm glad he's okay! Sounds scary... and painful!

I wonder why they are saying the next production will be up and running by the END of this year? Geesh, they build rides faster than that- does it really take almost a year to get another production going? Perhaps maybe should have started working on that (all but the reconstruct of the area- I mean like casting, rehearsals, etc.) BEFORE Tarzan ended? So they are really going to have like 11mo with nothing going on there? Wow.

OH MY GOSH, My poor Tarzan. I hope he wasn't hurt to bad. I wonder which Tarzan it was, there are pretty much 2 usually and I have the hugest crush on one of them.... everyone makes fun of me. I'm gonna miss the show. Boo hoo!

I heard that they were going to enclose the theatre - that is why it will take so long. Sorry to see Tarzan close (& really sorry to hear about his fall), but bring on the A/C!

They have since stopped doing the flying portion in both Tarzan Rocks, as well as the Festival of the Lion King.

I just got back from watching "Tarzan Rocks" and they did the full, complete show. Tarzan and Jane were flying all over the place! :earsboy:

If anyone goes to see one of the final performances on Jan 21st, please video tape it for me! I really want to see how it all ends, especially now that I know it's back to normal. I'm willing to pay someone to tape it!

We went to the Festival of the Lion King last Sunday and I noticed that they didn't do the flying part during our show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter