Warning - Treehouse Villas

If you have more than one vehicle to park, they ask that you park it over by the Grandstand and take the bus back to the THV.

As for snakes. They are all over Disney. We saw a big black snake over by the Grandstand. Must have been two-three feet long.

Hi everyone,

You can park all extra vehicles in the Grandstand, so this was not the actual problem that we had. The problem about the one car was actually other guests having more than one car and not obeying the rules themselves. This left one person by us having to park in a nonparking spot. Also, cast members with service vehicles were parking in them which also took up spots for actual guests. Overall, it did not affect us at all, but just wanted to provide everyone on here with a heads up sol that you were not surprised when you got there.

The air conditioner was a new type, so I am not sure that the sensor override that works for SSR will work on these. The balloon idea is good.

What I was told about for the locks is that they were build to use a lock that you insert a pin into it. When the CMs were staying there, some of them had issues with the pins and not being able to get out. To avoid the guests from having this issue, they took away all of the pins. At this time, they do not have plans to change the door handles to include actual locks and in Disney standard format, was told to fill out a comment card if we wanted locks installed. We just applied the rule though that if the door is closed, don't open it.

Also, the AC trick does not always work. It worked for me 3 weeks ago at Vero Beach, but did not work at Kidani. There are threads dedicated to the AC problems. What a major annoyance. Nothing like coming back from the parks all hot and sweaty...and the AC isn't on in the room.

My big fear is snakes. I've seen them before at WDW near the water. If you're in a tree house in the woods, near the water, won't there be snakes nearby? They really scare me. Has anyone seen any near their tree house?

Me too! Oh, and I feel like "Jason" is out in the woods waiting to attack.:scared1:

Any pics? What was your view like? Was it well lit at night to find your way back to your treehouse?!!! (SNAKES!!!)
Debsx:goodvibes

think we will be having a re-think for next year. our son has a spinal injury which means he can't control his body heat (his body goes to the heat of the surrounding air) therefore for the ac not to come on is a big issue for him

like the idea of the 3rd bedroom but jjk1107 could you describe the master bathroom for me. our son needs a roll in shower and when I looked at our member book today i can't see any shower apart from the one over the bath :confused:

we also have 2 cars, one for the wheelchair and one for my dad who is 79 so dissappointed abut not having 2 spaces nearby.

I hate to say it but the A/C thing is just DUMB. DVC is suppose to be a deluxe hotel. Whats next pay toilets. I wonder what bean counter came up with that great idea. I bet it was the same one that bought those mattresses that were hard as a brick.

My big fear is snakes. I've seen them before at WDW near the water. If you're in a tree house in the woods, near the water, won't there be snakes nearby? They really scare me. Has anyone seen any near their tree house?

I'm with you with regards to snakes. But this is Florida. Snakes and alligators are part of the natural habitat. We learn to co-exist. We had the wettest and possibly one of the warmest Mays on record. Unfortunately the worst of the heat was the first two weeks of May and the rain all came in the last two weeks. So mosquitoes are also in abundance right now.

I think the Treehouses will suck to stay at so nobody should make a ressie especially for December 2010. ;)

think we will be having a re-think for next year. our son has a spinal injury which means he can't control his body heat (his body goes to the heat of the surrounding air) therefore for the ac not to come on is a big issue for him

like the idea of the 3rd bedroom but jjk1107 could you describe the master bathroom for me. our son needs a roll in shower and when I looked at our member book today i can't see any shower apart from the one over the bath :confused:

we also have 2 cars, one for the wheelchair and one for my dad who is 79 so dissappointed abut not having 2 spaces nearby.
The master shower was interesting. It was a shower with the tub inside of it in the back. So there was a shower part only, but from my thoughts, it would be hard to get a wheelchair into it because the tub takes a portion.

They have I believe 3 dedicated wheelchair accessible rooms. I would think those would have a roll in shower.

We were right on the water, so the view was beuatiful. I did not see any snakes, but we thought for sure we would. We did see some very giant spiders though. We have some pics, but I will have to have my husband try to upload them.

Interesting thread. We were considering a THV for our "DH has lost his mind" trip next summer (Taking DMIL, DSIL and her DH and our DNiece and Dnephew) and now I'm not so sure. The bypass does work at SSR at CP because we were able to do it last summer. The jury is still out. Thanks for the post. It gives us something else to think about. The major reason we were considering was to make sure the little ones had some quiet sleeping, so we'll see.

Now the toaster right under the paper towel dispenser? That set off a huge safety issue for me!

Ha! Just the oposite at Kidani - the toaster was near the sink and the coffee maker was beneath the paper towels. I switched them since I don't use the toaster and that made the coffee maker more cumbersome to use uner the cabinet.

Wonder if housekeeping put them back in their places?? I didn't think to.
:upsidedow

Yea I think they are all getting this. I think the resorts with halls (like BWV) that are kept at about 42 degrees for some reason, tend to help a little. The smaller the stand alone structure (like a car), the faster it will heat back up.

That explains my Kidani experience! I wasn't quite sure why it was cold when I went to bed but not during the night (without ever changing the thermostat). I didn't even think about this option! I kept thinking it wasn't working right - along with the two bathroom halogen light bulbs were were burnt out. Then again, maybe they were energy efficient and came on only when standing directly under them and wishing they were on OR perhaps the previous guests stole the bulbs as souvenirs (those pesky non-members).
:rotfl:

One problem: A balloon can eventually get stuck in a corner of the room and stop moving. When that happens, the A/C will shut off.

To solve that problem, does anyone remember a thread from long ago that suggested tying a hamster to the end of the balloon? :rotfl:

I believe that the thermostat situation is a result of the "green hotel certification" that Disney is so proud of. Having hot/warm rooms is part of the cost of greening the resort. It is disappointing to hear that the new thermostats may not have the bypass option.

I noticed a PP spoke of having a son in a wheelchair. I was wondering how wheelchairs get into the treehouse villas. Is there a ramp - or a lift of some kind?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter