WARNING: Disney Vacation Account took money without permission

Disney needs to get their act together. It is one thing if they have IT problems and people cannot book dining reservations or fastpasses. But this is peoples' money that they are not able to access due to pretty crappy system design and maintenance. I work for a bank and you can bet your sweet bippy if our online banking was down for several days, it would be the lead story on CNN. Meanwhile people just throw pixie dust in your eye when you complain about the same thing at Disney. This is unacceptable.

Look at the bright side, you'll reach your savings goals for your Disney trip much faster this way!! Magical

While you are right, however, we signed up for the DVA because we wanted to budget our savings. Not just let it take it out unknowingly when we have accounted those funds for other things. I'm going to have to call my bank. This is ridiculous. :(

Yes, your bank can reverse the charges. I would go that route since Disney has not even acknowledged the problem.
While you are right, however, we signed up for the DVA because we wanted to budget our savings. Not just let it take it out unknowingly when we have accounted those funds for other things. I'm going to have to call my bank. This is ridiculous. :(

I just called DVA customer service and spoke with an agent. The lady that I spoke with told me that there are two different groups of IT folks looking into the situation. The agent took my info down and said that someone will call me and access my case. She didn't have a time frame or anything. Hopefully everything will get resolved soon!

I just called DVA customer service and spoke with an agent. The lady that I spoke with told me that there are two different groups of IT folks looking into the situation. The agent took my info down and said that someone will call me and access my case. She didn't have a time frame or anything. Hopefully everything will get resolved soon!

Do you have this phone number to call? I am booking my trip on Monday and have no way to access my account number and hopefully somebody over the phone can give me the last 4 of my account. Also will I still be able to book on Monday with this account if there is "site" issues? OH Boy this sucks..

Not being able to access the Disney Vacation Account website, and no email from Disney as to why they took an extra contribution at an unscheduled time... well, I'm feeling kinda anxious about my funds and my account!! I mean how long are we supposed to be 'patient'? It's been down more than 2 days now.

Tomorrow is my scheduled contribution so I guess I'll see if that goes through.

Can someone post the Disney Vacation Account customer service phone number? Maybe if a lot of us call that'll help speed things? I dunno :/

Not being able to access the Disney Vacation Account website, and no email from Disney as to why they took an extra contribution at an unscheduled time... well, I'm feeling kinda anxious about my funds and my account!! I mean how long are we supposed to be 'patient'? It's been down more than 2 days now.

Tomorrow is my scheduled contribution so I guess I'll see if that goes through.

Can someone post the Disney Vacation Account customer service phone number? Maybe if a lot of us call that'll help speed things? I dunno :/

The number I called was 407-939-7734.

Do you have this phone number to call? I am booking my trip on Monday and have no way to access my account number and hopefully somebody over the phone can give me the last 4 of my account. Also will I still be able to book on Monday with this account if there is "site" issues? OH Boy this sucks..
Phone # 407-939-7734

I didn't have the last 4 of my account number when I called, just the first 12 off of my email I got from them. That was all they needed. Hope that helps!

That is NOT what the article everyone links to says AT ALL.

Disney IT isn't in Orlando, OMG. They are, as far as I know (and given that we know people working there...) in Seattle.

The article describes the workers as people who "monitored computers" in Orlando. That's not IT.

And the DVA is through Chase, as mentioned above.

AND as for "underpriced", I'm laughing so hard! The article describes people from India being brought over on a certain Visa. My husband works with many people on that visa. It costs MONEY to get those employees. Those employees, just to get INTO college, had to be at the very tip top of their HS classes. They are INCREDIBLY educated and intelligent. And the companies PAY for the employees to move to the US. Those Visa'd employees cost MORE than the average American worker.

I don't know what jobs were replaced by those on visas, but they certainly aren't UNDERpriced.

(as much as I like the spelling "emplooyees", I had to change it)

... So they laid off 250 qualified and experienced employees to hire inexperienced employees from India that cost more. Yeah. Absolutely. :rolleyes:

I called the 407 939-7734 and went through a bunch of transfers and phone trees 'til I got someone who knew there had been a computer glitch in the Disney savings program. She used the words 'it's a result of a computer glitch' but didn't know anything else.

She told me Disney will be refunding all who were incorrectly charged for that unscheduled contribution a couple days ago to our Disney Vacation Accounts. They know which accounts were affected and we don't need to call. She said it'll take up to 7-10 days for the charges to be reversed in our debit/credit card accounts.

She had no other info about why the website has been down for more than 48 hours and apologized a lot, so I guess we keep waiting for it to be fixed and back online.

I asked her what her phone number is since I'd been transferred all over and she said 404 934-7639 but I think that's just another main Disney number like the first number I tried. She did say to ask for Guest Services since Guest Services are the ones who received a note this morning that a glitch had occurred and that refunds will follow. Nobody else I talked to knew about the Disney Vacation Account program :/

Hope this helps :)

This might be a stupid question, but what is DVA?? I have never heard of it before, is this a Vacation Club thing?

This might be a stupid question, but what is DVA?? I have never heard of it before, is this a Vacation Club thing?

It is not connected to DVC; Disney offers a savings account program to guests who want to have a dedicated spot for vacation dollars.

It's a sort of a savings account designed specifically for Disney vacationing. It is NOT associated with the DVC (Disney Vacation Club).

I'd link you to details, but the entire website is down. You might want to do a search for older threads where it is explained better than I can possibly do here.

It is not connected to DVC; Disney offers a savings account program to guests who want to have a dedicated spot for vacation dollars.

It's a sort of a savings account designed specifically for Disney vacationing. It is NOT associated with the DVC (Disney Vacation Club).

I'd link you to details, but the entire website is down. You might want to do a search for older threads where it is explained better than I can possibly do here.

Thank you for the info!

I called and spoke to someone who said they "hope" it will be up and running by Monday. Wow. I can't believe they can't get their act together. This is pretty ridiculous.

I am so frustrated. We have waited had something come up the past 2 years that prevented us going back to Disney. We are ready to book our 2016 package Monday. And who knows what will happen with our DVA. Grrr.

Does anyone know if we will be able to book packages on Monday using our account if the website is still down?

It is unfortunate that glitches sometimes happen. It is unthinkable that they don't yet have it fixed or even a plan to fix it. It is UNFORGIVEABLE that they haven't so much as sent out an email to those affected at least acknowledging that there is a problem. That flabbergasts me.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter