Warning! Delta Pilots May Strike Spring of 2005!

tinkie

Mouseketeer
This is by no means an absolute - but thought I'd warn you. My BIL is a delta pilot and their contract is up at that time. They are being asked by the corporation to take a 30% paycut and the pilots are tentatively planning a strike if their proposal of a 10% paycut and no raise this year is not accepted.

This could be bad for disers planning on flying with Delta next spring/summer.

Just thought I'd give a heads up but don't panic. It may be worth investigating other airlines that are currently protected by their bankruptcy status.

*I posted this on the Theme Park Strategies board, but thought I should repost it here

I refuse to worry about things over a year away!

Thanks for the news. A lot can happen between now and then but I will definately be watching for follow-up as we are Delta diehards. Might have to drive.

Right now there is only one airline still in bankruptcy (United) and there is no protection for a consumer in that so I am not sure what you mean -- perhaps just protection from strike?

But in any case, in the current airline climate, nobody should be booking plane tickets a year in advance. Aside from the fact that I wouldn't want an airline to hold my hard-earned money for that long, too many of them are in economic peril to take that chance.

What I meant was that the airlines that have filed for bankruptcy are not losing the money that the others, such as Delta, are and therefore, are most likely not as ripe for striking conditions.

Actually there is protection for consumers if your airline goes bankrupt and quits running. The other airlines must honor your tickets for a $25 change fee.

In the case of a strike, the other airlines generally honor tickets just because they know they could be next! LOL!

I would still be worried about availability on other flights during the busy season. Just me. Delta is big.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter