• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Want to make parfaits for Valentine's Day...any recipes?

Goofy'sFriend

"Gawrsh"
I'd like to make parfaits (something a little fancy for the kids) for Valentine's Day. Any good recipes? I'm thinking chocolate, or something with brownie chunks. But I'm open for ideas. I also have alot of bananas sitting on the counter. All suggestions welcome!! Thanks!:D

How about jello and whipped cream or pudding parfaits. Use strawberry or raspberry jello, add a few berries to it also if desired. You can either let that set by itself before layering or layer in clear cups, alternating jello with cream/pudding layers (have jello set in cups before adding next layer.

What about a layer of chocolate pudding, then a layer of sliced banana, then pudding, then banana with whipped cream and chocolate shavings on top? Or raspberries if your bananas are looking a little worn.

Last week I made a "trifle" for a Valentine thing and my layers were:

brownie chunks
then a drizzled a little of the juice drained from a package of frozen raspberries
then a layer of chocolate pudding (I did Jello-instant!)
then a layer of the raspberries
then a layer of cool whip
start all over and end with cool whip on top.

It looks great and tasted pretty good too from what I gather, because the bowl was empty!

Thanks for all these great ideas! I need to make up my mind quickly...nothing like waiting until the last minute.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter