4/13 Yak N Yeti Lunch 11:30
4/14 Le Cellier Lunch 11:30
4/15 Cape May Dinner 5:00pm
4/16 Boma Breakfast 8:30am
4/17 Tusker House Dinner 5:00pm
4/18 Crystal Palace Dinner 5:00pm
4/19 Garden Grill Dinner 5:15pm
4/20 go home:confused3:sad1:

Love that I'm seeing others who have booked ADRs for two-three meals per day!!! I was thinking we were overbooked in terms of eating!!! :rotfl:

You are definitely not alone....when we do DDP (we always get the DxDP) we like to maximize our credits as much as we can. Plus since we go at least twice a year, we are at a more slower pace and enjoy sitting down eating our meals and not rushing from ride to ride to ride.

With that said, our ADRs for 1/22-1/28....we are doing a split stay staying at BCV for 3 nights on the DxDP and then switching over to CBR which we are not on the DDP. The 3 nights that we are at BCV my ILs will be with us.

1/22 - 5:30pm dinner at CRT (this is our arrival night)
1/23 - 8am breakfast at Akershus, 12:50 lunch at Le Cellier, 6:10pm dinner at Teppan Edo (this is just for DH, DD10, DD8, and I) the ILs don't like Japanese food so they are going to be dining at Nine Dragons at 5:30pm
1/24 - 8:05am Crystal Palace, 7:25pm California Grill
1/25 - 7:30am Cape May Cafe Breakfast
1/26 - 3:40pm Afternoon Tea at the GF (just my DDs and I, DH is going to find something else to do instead)
1/27 - 8:05pm Coral Reef

I've noticed many ppl are booking the Tea Party at the GF - has anyone gone? Any reviews/reports out there?

I've noticed many ppl are booking the Tea Party at the GF - has anyone gone? Any reviews/reports out there?

My DDs and I love going to the Afternoon Tea. The package that we get have tea sandwiches, pastries, and scones with jam :love:. My DD8 gets the Mrs. Potts tea which serves ham and cheese sandwiches and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, pastries, and her choice of beverage which includes chocolate milk, soft drink, milk, hot chocolate, and juice. We have made a tradition that both DDs and I go to the tea while DH finds something else to do for lunch :goodvibes.

My DDs and I love going to the Afternoon Tea. The package that we get have tea sandwiches, pastries, and scones with jam :love:. My DD8 gets the Mrs. Potts tea which serves ham and cheese sandwiches and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, pastries, and her choice of beverage which includes chocolate milk, soft drink, milk, hot chocolate, and juice. We have made a tradition that both DDs and I go to the tea while DH finds something else to do for lunch :goodvibes.

That sounds awesome. I'm off to do some research on it and see if my niece would like to do it for her birthday :thumbsup2

We will be there Jan 21-27 and taking advantage of free dining..We have 2 adults, 1 child (but counts as a Disney DDP adult) and 1 toddler. We booked all but one TS as my hubby doesn't to be tied down to a ADR every day. So on our last day the powers that be will pick our TS for us, LOL. We are going the slowest week of the year so hopefully it wont be too hard to eat somewhere with TS on Thursday.

Sunday 1/22 Cinderella Royal Table, 6:50 (2 credits)
Monday 1/23 50's Prime Time, 4:15 (1 credit)
Tuesday 1/24 Akerhaus Princess Dinner 6:35 (1 credit)
Wednesday 1/25 Chef Mickeys 9:35a.m. (1 credit)

Love doing this!!

12/22 - Dinner Crystal Palace (first time for dinner)

12/23 - Going to DHS and we do not like the restaurants here/ just CS

12/24 - Rose & Crown Lunch - Candlelight Processional Package.

12/25 - Whispering Canyon Cafe - Dinner (trying to Score an earlier time) - Just decided we wanted to eat here for Christmas Dinner last night!

12/26 - Now Cape May - Tuskerhouse Dinner (first time for dinner) Changed from Tusker House to Cape May Cafe (It is one of our favorites!!)

12/27 - Le Cellier (Lunch) Scored this a month ago by constantly checking Dining online.

12/28 - Whispering Canyon Cafe - Breakfast
12/28 - Garden View Tea Room
12/28 - Sleigh Ride & Dinner at Trail's End! (New! for us)

12/29 - Ohana - Dinner

12/30 - Boma - Breakfast - (had dinner here, will be first time for breakfast) Then Driving Home :sad1:

:dance3:

You are definitely not alone....when we do DDP (we always get the DxDP) we like to maximize our credits as much as we can. Plus since we go at least twice a year, we are at a more slower pace and enjoy sitting down eating our meals and not rushing from ride to ride to ride.

With that said, our ADRs for 1/22-1/28....we are doing a split stay staying at BCV for 3 nights on the DxDP and then switching over to CBR which we are not on the DDP. The 3 nights that we are at BCV my ILs will be with us.

1/22 - 5:30pm dinner at CRT (this is our arrival night)
1/23 - 8am breakfast at Akershus, 12:50 lunch at Le Cellier, 6:10pm dinner at Teppan Edo (this is just for DH, DD10, DD8, and I) the ILs don't like Japanese food so they are going to be dining at Nine Dragons at 5:30pm
1/24 - 8:05am Crystal Palace, 7:25pm California Grill
1/25 - 7:30am Cape May Cafe Breakfast
1/26 - 3:40pm Afternoon Tea at the GF (just my DDs and I, DH is going to find something else to do instead)
1/27 - 8:05pm Coral Reef

We will be at CBR the same time

The one I won't change again

12/10 Lunch at le Cellier (I got this ADR this morning thanks to the cancellation thread)
Diner at Biergarten w/ Candlelight Procesional Package
12/11 ?
12/12 lunch ?
diner at California Grill
13/13 ?
I have other ADR but I am pretty sure they will change a lot

This is what we have right now, but it looks like our flight home is going to be too early to make our HBD lunch, so I think we're going to move HBD to Monday night, and move the Turf Club to a late dinner on Thursday and get rid of Captain's Grille. Will know tonight once we book our flights. (Free dining upgraded to DxDP - we got in during the very small three week window when FD was available on the 31st (it moved back to the 29th after we added on our FD)

(And before anyone asks, the duplicate meal times are times when the teenagers are eating on their own.)

• Saturday, March 31st, 2012
o 6:10 pm @ Ohana

• Sunday, April 1st, 2012
o 1:00pm @Teppan Edo
o 1:30pm @ Le Cellier
o 7:00pm @ Garden Grill

• Monday, April 2nd, 2012
o 12:50pm @ Sci-Fi Dine In
o 7:00pm @Turf Club

• Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012
o 1:00pm @ Tusker House
o 8:00pm @ Spirit of Aloha

• Wednesday, April 4th, 2012
o 1:10pm @ Tony’s Town Square
o 6:00pm @ Plaza Restaurant
o 7:00pm @ Yachtsman

• Thursday, April 5th, 2012
o 8:30am - Akershus
o 12:50pm @ Les Chefs de France
o 7:00pm @ Captain’s Grille

• Friday, April 6th, 2012
o 9:30am @ 1900 Park Fare
o 10:00am @ Kona Cafe
o 6:30pm @ Kona Cafe
o 7:10pm @ Jiko

• Saturday, April 7th, 2012
o 12:00pm - Hollywood Brown Derby

Lety me know how it turns out :goodvibes I was checking out what we should order for my niece's 11th bday, leaning towards the Mickey head cake. It looks cute, feeds 12 (there will be 11 of us) and from reviews I've read it is yummy :thumbsup2 Thought about the slipper but have not read if it is any good - I've only seen pics of it :confused3

We bought a chocolate cake with the princesses on it for our dinner at Akershaus. I was so upset with them that I did not even try the cake....first they forgot to bring her cake out and served us our dessert, then when they finally brought out the cake they refused to sing Happy Birthday to my daughter on her actual birthday and they did not bring us anything to serve the cake with. I discussed this with the manager and she told me it was illegal to sing Happy Birthday. I was shocked!!! If I can find a contact, I would love to write to Disney about this.

Then the next day, we ate in the castle and had the glass slipper. My daughter actually cried she was so excited. Since they already serve dessert with the meal, the glass slipper was just enough. DD ate the whole slipper and shared the pillow and fruit with the rest of our group. WE actually took the fruit to go and DS ate it that afternoon. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the glass slipper. They did have our group sit at seperate tables but we had the same server so it worked out.

We bought a chocolate cake with the princesses on it for our dinner at Akershaus. I was so upset with them that I did not even try the cake....first they forgot to bring her cake out and served us our dessert, then when they finally brought out the cake they refused to sing Happy Birthday to my daughter on her actual birthday and they did not bring us anything to serve the cake with. I discussed this with the manager and she told me it was illegal to sing Happy Birthday. I was shocked!!! If I can find a contact, I would love to write to Disney about this.

Then the next day, we ate in the castle and had the glass slipper. My daughter actually cried she was so excited. Since they already serve dessert with the meal, the glass slipper was just enough. DD ate the whole slipper and shared the pillow and fruit with the rest of our group. WE actually took the fruit to go and DS ate it that afternoon. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the glass slipper. They did have our group sit at seperate tables but we had the same server so it worked out.

Restaurants cannot sing Happy Birthday because it is still under copywright by the people who wrote it. That's why every restaurant has some cheesy birthday song they sing instead of happy birthday. So, for that part, that's true.

I don't know what the policies are for serving utensils for Disney cakes, so I can't speak to that.

Restaurants cannot sing Happy Birthday because it is still under copywright by the people who wrote it. That's why every restaurant has some cheesy birthday song they sing instead of happy birthday. So, for that part, that's true.

I don't know what the policies are for serving utensils for Disney cakes, so I can't speak to that.

Funny that at every other restaurant that we ate at on site, they sang Happy Birthday to DD including at CRT. I am not even talking about serving utensils but they did not give us plates or forks, we got a cake and a card.

what is GF? I've never heard of this tea party. sounds like tons of fun and the food sounds cute

We are arriving 12/30 and staying through 1/5 at AKL. Here are the reservations we have so far:

12/30 dinner: Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show (a dinner show always puts me in a Disney frame of mind)

New Year's Eve: AK in the morning w/ breakfast at Tusker House. Spending the rest of new year's eve at Epcot, with dinner at Bistro de Paris.

New Year's Day: After sleeping in, heading to DHS...lunch at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater, back to the resort for dinner at Jiko before heading to MK for extra magic hours!

1/2: Starting the day at Boma for breakfast and ending it at Narcoossee's for a romantic dinner, but no idea what we're doing in between. :)

1/3: Wherever they take us while we're on the Backstage Magic Tour all day. Doing La Nouba late and planning on having dinner somewhere nearby, maybe Raglan Road.

No plans yet for 1/4 or 1/5.

I'll Share... I think I did excellent considering I put this trip together in just over a month.

Dec. 3-10 .. we arrive early evening so we will hit DTD for the magic and some sandwiches at The Earl

Dec. 4 Dinner CRT 4:25, then MVMCP, and I snagged the Tomorrowland Dessert Party!

Dec. 5 LeCellier Lunch with Candlelight package

Dec. 6 Tusker House Lunch and Boma Dinner

Dec. 7 Crystal Palace Breakfast at 8:40 & Mama Melrose late lunch/early dinner

Dec. 8 Tutto Lunch and Ohana dinner at 8:30just after Wishes

Dec. 9 Grand Floridian Cafe Lunch and Ohana dinner at 8:05 just before Wishes

Dec. 10 DTD ..... somewhere :)

Not sure which Ohana I will keep... I will post on the cancellation board before I let it go.

Don't give up if you want something.. Persistence pays off!

I think that is what we will do - I am sure my DN will love it.

what is GF? I've never heard of this tea party. sounds like tons of fun and the food sounds cute
Grand Floridian :thumbsup2 I went to the WDW site and it has a nice description of it. It is a bit expensive (I could not find the price so I just went on the adr page and looked it up there) so I think we will stick with the glass slipper at CRT. We might do the Wishes party as well so I think we are good on desserts for our trip :lmao:

Grand Floridian :thumbsup2 I went to the WDW site and it has a nice description of it. It is a bit expensive (I could not find the price so I just went on the adr page and looked it up there) so I think we will stick with the glass slipper at CRT. We might do the Wishes party as well so I think we are good on desserts for our trip :lmao:

Just out of curiosity, when you looked at the description of the Tea, were you looking at the My Pretty Princess Tea Party? I ask because that IS very expense, however the Garden View Lounge's Afternoon Tea is not expensive at all. I get the Buckingham Palace package which is $23 that includes finger sandwiches, choice of tea, scones and jam, and pastries or strawberries and whip cream if you prefer that instead....while my DD8 gets the Mrs. Pott's Tea that includes ham and cheese sandwiches AND Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches, plus pastries or the strawberries and whip cream, this costs $12. I'm not trying to persuade you in any way, I just didn't want you to get confused by the two (both the Afternoon Tea and the My Pretty Princess Tea are both held in the same place).

Just out of curiosity, when you looked at the description of the Tea, were you looking at the My Pretty Princess Tea Party? I ask because that IS very expense, however the Garden View Lounge's Afternoon Tea is not expensive at all. I get the Buckingham Palace package which is $23 that includes finger sandwiches, choice of tea, scones and jam, and pastries or strawberries and whip cream if you prefer that instead....while my DD8 gets the Mrs. Pott's Tea that includes ham and cheese sandwiches AND Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches, plus pastries or the strawberries and whip cream, this costs $12. I'm not trying to persuade you in any way, I just didn't want you to get confused by the two (both the Afternoon Tea and the My Pretty Princess Tea are both held in the same place).

I have to agree, DD and I always go to Grand Floridian for the Garden View Tea Room. I do not feel it is expensive for Disney. Now if you attend the My Girl's perfectly princess tea party. That is expensive. We have only been to this one time as a special event when DD was 6. It was wonderful and an experience I would not trade for anything!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter