Wanna read My PTR? Your Stunned Silence Is VERY Reassuring. (Finished: 2/10/11)

I love, love, love Earl of Sandwich. I know they are franchising out to other states. i wanted to open one here locally, but that would be too much $$ upfront and too much time invested (no time for vacations.) I hope someone will open an Earl of Sandwich around my area some day.

Oh my, you just had to say that. I'm happily lurking along, and I read that... so of course I went to the website to see where their other locations are, and one just happens to be at the airport we fly out of. Not just at the airport, in the right (smaller!) terminal! So my first vacation meal now has to be EoS at the Detroit airport on our way to Disney! :rotfl:

I'm looking forward to reading how Windsor Hills works out for you. We have a relative who has offered us the use of one of her vacation rentals there and I always pass, but with the baby turning 3 we'll be a family of 5 and it is starting to look more attractive.

Oh my, you just had to say that. I'm happily lurking along, and I read that... so of course I went to the website to see where their other locations are, and one just happens to be at the airport we fly out of. Not just at the airport, in the right (smaller!) terminal! So my first vacation meal now has to be EoS at the Detroit airport on our way to Disney! :rotfl:

I'm looking forward to reading how Windsor Hills works out for you. We have a relative who has offered us the use of one of her vacation rentals there and I always pass, but with the baby turning 3 we'll be a family of 5 and it is starting to look more attractive.

Welcome and thanks for reading my drivel. :laughing:

The only EoSs in Texas are in San Antonio, which is a 4.5 hour drive. So it is actually faster to go to Downtown Disney (3.5 hour flight) :rotfl: But a lot cheaper to drive to San Antonio. Maybe we will do that for a little weekend getaway, so I can get some of that sandwich-y goodness.

I have heard great things about Windsor Hills, so the bar is set pretty high already. But I have now dug myself a hole with this PTR - so now I seem to be obligated to do the Trip Report. ;)

I'm here. Gonna take a little bit of catching up to do, but I'm here nonetheless!

I'm here. Gonna take a little bit of catching up to do, but I'm here nonetheless!

I am honored. Now I will need to step up my game. It's like having Tiger Woods join your (golf) foursome for a round. :cool2:

Thanks for stopping in!

I found out today that we will not know until next week if DM can come on the trip for sure. But I am am still prepping 'my precious' with all the pre-planning extras, if needed.

On another note - let's say B-flat - I had a cool thing happen at the dentist office yesterday. The technician who would be cleaning my teeth mentioned that she liked my Disney watch. This spawned a conversation about Disney. It turns out she is a huge Disney freak also (and is an independent Disney Travel Planner.) So we had a lot to talk about during my cleaning session. As you may have guessed, she did most of the talking... but I was able to add to the conversation here and there while she took a few breathers (I ate a whole package of Oreos in the car on the way to the dentist office... ok, not really, I just needed a LOT of cleaning!) It was cool to find a person to talk Disney with (besides DW and in cyberspace) without them looking at you like you have a Boggart growing out of your head.

:lmao: dont you hate that!! my dentist goes down about every year to wdw and i always get the 10 thousand questions. which i love, dont get me wrong, but when you got this tube suckin slobber out of your lip and a drill in your mouth, its hard to say more than , ahh and naa.:lmao:

Just found your PTR and I'm enjoying it. You can never have too many geeky Star Wars references.

Sorry you had to cancel your LeCellier ADR, but I commend you on not hanging on to it until the last second "just in case." Hopefully it will work out for you to be able to eat there. I also hope your mom can make it with you. Sounds like a fun trip and I look foward to hearing about it when you get back!

Just found your PTR and I'm enjoying it. You can never have too many geeky Star Wars references.

Sorry you had to cancel your LeCellier ADR, but I commend you on not hanging on to it until the last second "just in case." Hopefully it will work out for you to be able to eat there. I also hope your mom can make it with you. Sounds like a fun trip and I look foward to hearing about it when you get back!

Thanks for stopping by and welcome to the Nut House!

I guess I have been slacking on the last few chapters with the SW references. I'll try to do better in the future. Wait... "do or do not... there is no try." So I will do better in the future, the Force will guide me.

Still trying with Le Cell. In fact, I am going to give it another go right now. :wizard:

Chapter 8: If I Woke Up Tomorrow With My Head Sewn To The Carpet, I Wouldn't Be More Surprised Than I Am Right Now.

We are looking at ways to surprise DS and DD on the day we leave to go to The World. As mentioned in an earlier chapter, the kids know we are going to WDW – but they think it is in March for Spring Break. We leave on Friday, January 28th. (Evil laugh)

The current plan is, around the 25th, we mention (in front of DW) that he has an orthodontist appointment on the 28th at 1pm and DW says that she can take him. On the 28th DW picks up DD from her preschool, then picks up DS around noon… telling him that she figured he wouldn’t go back to school after the appointment. DW will tell them that I called and I am going to take a half day off and meet at Bosses Pizza* (see footnote for story about why Bosses Pizza) for lunch. We meet at Bosses and eat pizza for lunch. Then I pull out the dessert - a Great American Cookie with “We’re Going to Disney World” (or something to that effect) written on it. Calamitous excitement ensues - it will be like the Naboo celebration at the end of Episode I.

Any feedback, suggestions, other ideas?

Bosses Pizza – a great pizza place near our house that we ate dinner at on the way back from the airport from each of our last two trips to The Happiest Place on Earth. So it has a relation to Disney trips for us. (And it has really good pizza.)

Just joined your PTR but I think that is a great idea with the cookie!!! I hope you can record their reactions, I'm sure they will be priceless!!!

PS, DH and I grew up in Fort Worth too ;)

Enjoying your report! I hope your DM is able to join you for the trip. Fingers crossed.

I believe in karma :hippie: so I think you WILL get your LC reservation back. Maybe not at the ultimate time, but you are certainly trying hard enough that you deserve it!

An orthodontist appointment? BRILLIANT!!! My DS would just be so thrilled that the appointment was fake that I can't even imagine what would happen if I then revealed a Disney Trip woudl be starting NOW!

That's cool that your dental hygienist is a Disney freak. I have not encountered anyone in my "real" life who has quite the level of planning obsession as I do, so that's why I love hanging out here.

Looking forward to more!

Just joined your PTR but I think that is a great idea with the cookie!!! I hope you can record their reactions, I'm sure they will be priceless!!!

PS, DH and I grew up in Fort Worth too ;)

Thanks for stopping by and welcome!

What part of Ft Worth? I grew up on the west side (White Settlement), but now I am in far north (Keller). It's a small world (after all)!

An orthodontist appointment? BRILLIANT!!! My DS would just be so thrilled that the appointment was fake that I can't even imagine what would happen if I then revealed a Disney Trip woudl be starting NOW!

That's funny. My DS actually likes going to the orthodontist - they have a reward system when he earns and saves up 'tokens' for fabulous prizes. He knows every time he goes, he has a chance of getting at least 1 more token. I thought it was an ingenious idea.

Glad you are sticking around for more. :yay:

Subbing!

DW's and I's honeymoon was late Jan going into February and it was awesome, a bit chilly by Flordia standards, but glorious weather for us Wisconsinites. The longest wait we had for a ride was 60 mins for Peter Pan, but that was on a rainy Saturday morning. Everything else was basically walk on.

As for the All Star Resorts, they're very nice. DW and I stayed at ASMusic and she loved it so much she insisted that's where we would stay this time, despite my offer of staying at a Moderate....

TL

Subbing!

DW's and I's honeymoon was late Jan going into February and it was awesome, a bit chilly by Flordia standards, but glorious weather for us Wisconsinites. The longest wait we had for a ride was 60 mins for Peter Pan, but that was on a rainy Saturday morning. Everything else was basically walk on.

As for the All Star Resorts, they're very nice. DW and I stayed at ASMusic and she loved it so much she insisted that's where we would stay this time, despite my offer of staying at a Moderate....

TL

:welcome:
Thanks for stopping by!

We are looking forward to being at Disney World NOT in the summer for a change. I am sure we will try out one of the All Stars one of these days. The theme is so great for kids.

DW and I went through our matching t-shirts from last year to see which ones we would reuse for the upcoming trip - (basically, the ones with no dates on them.) Luckily, I keep my modified designs saved on my network hard drive, so I am able to create matching shirts for my mom from the original designs used previously. (She is a little quirky like me so I knew she would be up for wearing the matching shirts.) I got my extra t-shirts ordered (jiffyshirts.com) and those awesome iron-on transfers ordered (amymickey.com). I should have them by the weekend and then I can get those made and set aside.

On a side note (but not lost in the text like a footnote): I became a Disney-specialized travel agent! Actually, I will need to do the online training from the College of Disney Knowledge to earn my ears first - but I have been accepted by a host agency: Fairytale Journeys (fairytalejourneys.com). WooHoo! Now I can help friends, family, acquaintances, and strangers book a trip to Disney while getting them a great deal (and I can get a little commission from Disney for it!) I can now extend my trip planning to others and live vicariously through their trips. So if you know anyone...

Wow loving reading this. We surprised the children on christmas day with the fact we are going to disney on 3rd feb. We are actually in HS on the fri the same day as you.
By the way I'm hopping over here from FVC on TGM, same username!!
Was intrigued when you posted over there about having a Pre trip report.
hope the surprise of telling them goes well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter