Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Speaking from a pure-room perspective (not factoring in amenities, park distance, dining, etc.) - if offered similar prices, would you advise going for the SR vs S/D? I'd imagine the new rooms would be the selling point but I've stayed at S/D for 20+ years so it's tough for that change. I've never stayed at SR.
The walk boat to hotel is uncovered & longer but it’s faster to your room once inside. I hate walking extra in general but even I really didn’t find it to be that much. Do you have Marriott status? At SR Platinum & higher get the free continental breakfast delivered so that’s a time saver I love. SR has a pool but no hot tub so if you want a hot tub you have to walk to Swolphin. Do you have an ECV? SR Bell Services holds all ECVs, and charges them for you, to prevent people from parking in the hallways- our ECV user loved that as you walk right by Bell Services when entering the building.

I would try it once since you’re a repeat visitor. If you don’t care for it you’ll know going forward, if you like it now you have another hotel option!

Last edited:
Speaking from a pure-room perspective (not factoring in amenities, park distance, dining, etc.) - if offered similar prices, would you advise going for the SR vs S/D? I'd imagine the new rooms would be the selling point but I've stayed at S/D for 20+ years so it's tough for that change. I've never stayed at SR.

I'm glad you asked that. I'm playing with prices for an upcoming trip and the SR is less than Swan/Dolphin. I suspect they just haven't released the Swan/Dolphin prices since the trip isn't until Dec. I've hesitated to hit the button for two reasons. The site says that 75% of the price will be charged to my cc now instead of one night like it usually is. If I decide to change (which I do at least 3 times after I've booked a trip) having another deposit sitting on my card while waiting for that one to be refunded will be a pain. I'm having issues in my head with the whole having to cross the street to get to the HS and Epcot walkways. Silly, I'm a grown up woman who knows how to cross a street but for some reason those extra steps seem to be bothering me. And, I need a hot tub so now I'd have to not only cross the street but do so in a bathing suit.

Another reminder to keep checking your rates after booking. My Sept 4 Swan king room 1 night AAA rate dropped again to $162 ($227 after taxes and fees). The listing says $202 because they are including the $40 resort fee now, which always throws me off for a minute, but it's a fantastic rate. The website makes is very easy to modify to the new rate with a few clicks.

Another reminder to keep checking your rates after booking. My Sept 4 Swan king room 1 night AAA rate dropped again to $162 ($227 after taxes and fees). The listing says $202 because they are including the $40 resort fee now, which always throws me off for a minute, but it's a fantastic rate. The website makes is very easy to modify to the new rate with a few clicks.
Dang, I never see Swolphin rates that low! I guess I don’t go at low crowd times.

Our upcoming trip is a 20th anniversary trip. Should I mention it to the Swan Reserve or will they even care?

We’ve always stayed on Disney property. This is my first time outside the official bubble.
In my experience they will not care in the least, but maybe you or your spouse is more charming than my spouse or I am…

Question about the Friendship boats (Staying at the Swan Reserve)...

Is walking generally the best bet to EPCOT and DHS in the morning?

I'm leaning towards walking to the parks in the morning and taking the boats home at night. Does this sound like a good plan?

What are the odds the boat will fill up and we will have to wait for another one? Should we just suck it up and walk even at night? Anything else I should know?

Depends on timing.... most times I've done early entry, there is almost no one on the boats. But as park opening get's closer, the boats can arrive from Y/B nearly full already.

If we walk out and a boat is waiting or about to pull in, we will catch it to DHS.

But Epcot boat has two other stops to make - if the weather is nice, I'd walk. If it's really hot (sometimes the boats aren't all the cool) or your on day six... might want to take the boat.

Also nice to plan a "pit stop" on the way to Epcot.... Boardwalk has a few place to either get breakfast, a snack or something cool.

Depends on timing.... most times I've done early entry, there is almost no one on the boats. But as park opening get's closer, the boats can arrive from Y/B nearly full already.

If we walk out and a boat is waiting or about to pull in, we will catch it to DHS.

But Epcot boat has two other stops to make - if the weather is nice, I'd walk. If it's really hot (sometimes the boats aren't all the cool) or your on day six... might want to take the boat.

Also nice to plan a "pit stop" on the way to Epcot.... Boardwalk has a few place to either get breakfast, a snack or something cool.
Thanks for your input! If we do EE will the boats come early enough for us to get to the gate in time?

Thanks for your input! If we do EE will the boats come early enough for us to get to the gate in time?

I think only time they weren't running.... is back when you had to be at DHS at 6AM to do in park reservations for Star Wars rides when they first opened. Glad those days are over, 7AM Genie+ is a pain, but nothing like that.

We always do DHS EE, and the boats are always running when we go over... usually plan on being at the gates about 30 - 45 before opening is officially listed for EE.

I think only time they weren't running.... is back when you had to be at DHS at 6AM to do in park reservations for Star Wars rides when they first opened. Glad those days are over, 7AM Genie+ is a pain, but nothing like that.

We always do DHS EE, and the boats are always running when we go over... usually plan on being at the gates about 30 - 45 before opening is officially listed for EE.
So if DHS EE is 8:00 am, what time should we plan to be at the docks?

So if DHS EE is 8:00 am, what time should we plan to be at the docks?
Depends on the time of year and crowd levels, and what it is your trying to ride (not everything is ready to go for EE). Even the makeup of your party (kids, large group, EVs) can make a difference in allowing for meeting and traveling.

In general I'd say be at the dock at 7AM.... just in case as you walk up the boat is pulling out and you have to wait 15 Mins.

Yup... I've been checking mine almost every day since booking and have already dropped over 100$ off my total 4 night stay. Very easy to do with the edit/modify buttons.

Thank you for posting this information. I checked my reservation for the Swan for the first week in September with the AP rate and saved about $200 for the entire stay. Every dollar saved helps at Disney - more tropical drinks by the pool and a souvenir. The AAA rate was cheaper too, but it is prepaid and need the flexibility for canceling as I travel with my elderly mother.

Thank you for posting this information. I checked my reservation for the Swan for the first week in September with the AP rate and saved about $200 for the entire stay. Every dollar saved helps at Disney - more tropical drinks by the pool and a souvenir. The AAA rate was cheaper too, but it is prepaid and need the flexibility for canceling as I travel with my elderly mother.
I'm jealous that you're getting rooms so cheap. I can't get mine under $390/night. But I have been able to adjust down from about $450/night by modifying. This is the Swan Reserve.

What transportation should we use to get back to the Swan Reserve from MK *after* fireworks on July 3rd?

I assume it will be crazy busy. And we will be exhausted. Does anyone have any tips for me?

We will likely take the boardwalk bus TO MK that day, but going home I doubt we will want to walk 20 minutes after the bus drops us off?

What transportation should we use to get back to the Swan Reserve from MK *after* fireworks on July 3rd?

I assume it will be crazy busy. And we will be exhausted. Does anyone have any tips for me?

We will likely take the boardwalk bus TO MK that day, but going home I doubt we will want to walk 20 minutes after the bus drops us off?
You might not want too...

We used the Swan busses. Yes you have to either take the monorail or ferry to the TTC, but 1. The busses are less crowded so less likely to be standing on the ride home. And 2, the walk from Boardwalk to the resort after sitting on the bus feels way more terrible for some reason than the walk as you are leaving the park to get to the TTC. The busses for Swan/Dolphin run a full hour after park close.

We used the Swan busses. Yes you have to either take the monorail or ferry to the TTC, but 1. The busses are less crowded so less likely to be standing on the ride home. And 2, the walk from Boardwalk to the resort after sitting on the bus feels way more terrible for some reason than the walk as you are leaving the park to get to the TTC. The busses for Swan/Dolphin run a full hour after park close.
This is what I was thinking.

What about after EEH at MK? Will the Swan buses run an hour after that? I think EEH are 10 pm - midnight. Are the Swan buses running between midnight - 1am? Or will we have to do ride share?

This is what I was thinking.

What about after EEH at MK? Will the Swan buses run an hour after that? I think EEH are 10 pm - midnight. Are the Swan buses running between midnight - 1am? Or will we have to do ride share?
Yes they run until 1am (or whatever 1 hour past EEH is), the last bus leaves right at 1. Have used that option 3 times now after EEH at MK and no issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter