Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

@Halle there's be no word of any change and since SDR had parking fees before Disney implemented them I doubt they will change. The parking fee does (or at least did) give you the ability to park free at any Disney park, and I doubt that will change.

Thinking about our breakfast options, thanks for the earlier suggestions!

Is Garden Grove a table service meal? Do we need reservations for breakfast?

Will we walk past the Boardwalk Deli on our way to EPCOT?
1. We did grab and go at the Swan. Just off the lobby on the way to elevators is Java Bar. It was quick, easy, and the food was very good if a little $$. We mostly do continental. At the Dolphin, Fuel has lots of options. the SR has a similar place. It is small, but what they had looked very good.

When we stayed at SR, we actually did the continental breakfast via room service. It was great, because we were able to get it delivered at 6:30am. With trying to book G+ at 7am, and many WDW places only opening at 7am, the room service was the most convenient breakfast we've had at WDW in the current era. One morning there was a mix-up - our fault- and we had to go down to the QS at SR to get our food, but that was also fast. WAY better than most WDW hotel quick serve places or trying to get food in the park. In the parks, you will often find long lines in the AM. The in-park Starbucks are especially backed-up in the morning.

2. We did not end up eating at Garden Grove, but I was told we would not - currently- need a reservation to get a table there. In 2019, you did. I think they offer a buffet, with a continental option or a hot/full buffet option.

3. Yes. At least if you are walking from Swan or SR and opt to walk by the Boardwalk. (You could also choose to cross the bridge and walk the YC side of the lagoon, but that is not the directiom most people go.) We have dined at the deli twice. If you are tight on time, they do mobile order. Ordering in person was relatively quick though, and in-person you have more ability to customize. The Mobile order is more take it or leave it. The pickles are good, but strong on the pickling. The first time we went was just after they opened, and the pastrami was very good, a leaner pastrami. On our more recent visit, the pastrami tasted good, but was rather greasy. The sandwiches were greasy to the point that grease dripped out the bottom. It was especially greasy sandwich with cheese+dressing on it. The chicken sandwich was very good and less greasy. Your preferences may differ, but we all agreed, if we were going to visit a 3rd time, we'd choose the chicken sandwich or else order the pastrami plain. Both breads were tasty. Both visits, the desserts were exceptional. Not a huge selection, but what they had was exceptional! Beautiful and delicious!

It is worth adding, in general, the Deli and pizza window are a short walk from the Swan. If you were coming from Hollywood Studio, it is only a short detour to visit the deli and other Boardwalk QS options. For that matter, the whole lagoon is easy to access. You can walk it or take the free shuttle boats around the lagoon to access any eateries at YC/BC/Swan/SR/Dolphin/Bwk.

We just got back on Saturday. The weather was amazing for January. Really loved staying at the Dolphin. It was a non-park week for us. You can’t beat the location. Enjoyed walking the Boardwalk/YC/BC at night, lots of restaurant choices, rode the skyliner during EPCOT fireworks, and arguably the best pool/beach setup on property. And at a fraction of the cost of Dis hotels.

PS: Had to pay for the two nights we missed. Well at least I get the Bonvoy points. Hoping to get compensation from the airline to cover it.

Is Garden Grove a table service meal? Do we need reservations for breakfast?

2. We did not end up eating at Garden Grove, but I was told we would not - currently- need a reservation to get a table there. In 2019, you did. I think they offer a buffet, with a continental option or a hot/full buffet option.

I ate breakfast at Garden Grove on Sunday of marathon weekend (January 8th). I arrived right after they opened and there were only a couple other tables occupied. They had a full a la carte menu. I didn't see a buffet set up.

I am doing a split stay and will be moving to Swan from All Star Movies. Will Disney transfer my luggage for me or will I need to do it myself?

I am doing a split stay and will be moving to Swan from All Star Movies. Will Disney transfer my luggage for me or will I need to do it myself?
Yes! Just head to bell services. They will take bags until around 11am (checkout) and I believe they "guarantee" your bags will be at the next resort by 7:30pm, but in my experience they are much faster than that. I have transferred bags twice from the Dolphin in the past few months to other Disney resorts and both times the bags have been at the new resort within a couple of hours (I have air tags in my luggage). I usually drop my bags off around 9-9:30am.

Question about travel times.

At what time should I be leaving the Swan if I wanted to take the YC or BW bus to AK for early entry? Im not sure how long that whole process might take. It will be 2 adults, 2 kids, 1 stroller.

Question about travel times.

At what time should I be leaving the Swan if I wanted to take the YC or BW bus to AK for early entry? Im not sure how long that whole process might take. It will be 2 adults, 2 kids, 1 stroller.

While I walk to YC to head to MK, I take the Swan bus to AK. It drops off just as close, if not closer IMO, as the Disney buses.

While I walk to YC to head to MK, I take the Swan bus to AK. It drops off just as close, if not closer IMO, as the Disney buses.
I agree with the buses to AK. They only thing to be aware of is you will have to put the stroller in the storage under the bus, they will not let you take it on. I've seen more than one set of parents try to fight them on that and the bus drivers were very firm, break it down and put it under the bus or don't ride.

I agree with the buses to AK. They only thing to be aware of is you will have to put the stroller in the storage under the bus, they will not let you take it on. I've seen more than one set of parents try to fight them on that and the bus drivers were very firm, break it down and put it under the bus or don't ride.
ah good to know! what time do you think youd be downstairs to get the AK bus?

We just got back on Saturday. The weather was amazing for January. Really loved staying at the Dolphin. It was a non-park week for us. You can’t beat the location. Enjoyed walking the Boardwalk/YC/BC at night, lots of restaurant choices, rode the skyliner during EPCOT fireworks, and arguably the best pool/beach setup on property. And at a fraction of the cost of Dis hotels.

PS: Had to pay for the two nights we missed. Well at least I get the Bonvoy points. Hoping to get compensation from the airline to cover it.
Hi
we just decided to extend our trip a few days next week and grabbed the Swan. Was much cheaper than extending our stay at Beach Club. If we get lucky and have a warmer day the pool area is nice? Never been

Can't help you there, I'm not a rope drop person.
@austinelsa
ah good to know! what time do you think youd be downstairs to get the AK bus?

I would be there as early as the buses start which I believe is an hour before park opening. I always do the math backwards. I imagine AK early entry isn't quite as competitive but I would still want to be there at least 30 minutes before early entry to be towards the front. Then I figure about 15 minutes for the bus ride, 5 minutes to stop at the Swan Reserve. That's already 50 minutes, so the other 10 is making sure you're there to get on the first bus and security.

Edit: replied to wrong person, sorry.

I would like to book a short trip 3/2-3/4. everything is sold out. What's going on for those dates?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter