• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

You won’t be able to book ILL at 7:00 for anyone not linked to a resort reservation on MDE, so book it for the people in your party that you can, then head to the blue umbrellas guest experience team in the park & they can help you add the additional ILL, even if they are sold out.
Yeah, that will be a problem then. Thanks for tip and I'll get this straightened out before we go. I'd rather not have to go to the guest experience CMs. They are super nice but they have enough on their plate.

That is probably the difference then. I booked two rooms separately at different times. I'll call them so they can unlink the one and fix it. I already changed the name on the one reservation to my wife so I can put her and our other son on that room. Thanks again!
Try to link the reservation. You'll get a message saying its already been linked. Call the phone number. The CM should be able to fix it.

Thanks. Interesting. Never saw that on a folio before.
Nope, I did the math and it was indeed charged to my card. I have emailed twice asking about it and have not heard back yet.
You have to call your Bonvoy number SD is less than helpful in billing issues. They charged me for parking and I had to provide receipts from my limo / Lyfts to Bonvoy because SD refused to refund

Try to link the reservation. You'll get a message saying its already been linked. Call the phone number. The CM should be able to fix it.
It's fixed now. I changed the name on the one reservation to my wife yesterday and this morning it dropped from MDE. I re-linked it again with the two people it needs to be so now all 4 of us have a room reserved in MDE, two in each room at the Dolphin. I'm not sure that's going to work for everyone but it did for me today.

Hello. Due to flight cancellations we were not able to make it to the Dolphin today. Will be arriving Monday. We will then be checking out next Saturday. I contacted the front desk and they said no problem. Do you think they will charge us for tonight and tomorrow? Thanks

Do you think they will charge us for tonight and tomorrow?
They may depending on what type of reservation you have and did you talk to the hotel directly or the Marriott General reservation number Call center?

Check your reservation status online or using the Bonvoy app.

Dave

Hello. Due to flight cancellations we were not able to make it to the Dolphin today. Will be arriving Monday. We will then be checking out next Saturday. I contacted the front desk and they said no problem. Do you think they will charge us for tonight and tomorrow? Thanks
They have the right to charge you according to your cancellation/modification policy but it’s at their discretion.

If you’re really curious just call back and ask.

Last edited:
I know the rooms at Swan/Dolphin don't have microwaves, but does anyone know if there are any available to use within the resort (in common areas or quick service locations)? Thanks!

I know the rooms at Swan/Dolphin don't have microwaves, but does anyone know if there are any available to use within the resort (in common areas or quick service locations)? Thanks!
There is definitely a microwave in Fuel at the Dolphin by the fro-yo area, at least there was when I was there early January!

@SteveH posted the answer you probably were after, but I just wanted to note that when we stayed at the Swan Reserve last year, at least the Signature Suite did have a microwave in the room.

Hi all; I am gold member - only though amex platinum (we have rubbish offers in the uk really) and i know that the Swan Reserve doesn't tend to do status based late checkouts.

But do you know if we can just pay for one? We are going to hilton bonnet creek after our swan and dolphin stay but going to hollywood studios in the morning. I prefer being able to leave bags in the room and have options to have a shower / freshen up etc but if we can't get a late checkout we can just leave our bags at the desk.

A word on buses if it hasn’t been mentioned. The Springs bus drops off west of the Circus tent and you have to wend your way seemingly endlessly to the orange garage for security. Best to take boat to Yacht Club and bus from there.

Yesterday we took MK bus which drops at TTC. But waited 50 minutes midday to return and gave up, taking Studio bus from Poly and then boat.

I would recommend avoiding S/D buses altogether and using Yacht as bus hub.

Thinking about our breakfast options, thanks for the earlier suggestions!

Is Garden Grove a table service meal? Do we need reservations for breakfast?

Will we walk past the Boardwalk Deli on our way to EPCOT?

Yes you will walk past the Boardwalk Deli on your way to Epcot. If you can fit it in, I also recommend skyliner to the Riviera and eating breakfast from Primo Piatto (quick service). I don't know about Garden Grove reservations. Also in Epcot we like picking up breakfast from Kringla Og Bakeri (school bread yum!) and the Les Halle Boulangerie Patisserie in France.

Garden Grove is table service with both individualy ordered meals as well as buffet. Reservations typically are not needed, but always good to make anyway, just in case you hit a crowded meal service.

Boardwalk deli is on the way to Epcot & a quick stop if you mobile order. I usually tell them to prepare my order about 10 minutes before we think we’ll arrive. They have a counter if you walk in through the exit that will have bags waiting to grab for mobile orders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter