Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I can't find on the Bonvoy site where they show resort. I booked rooms using a third party, and see my reservations out there, but there are no details I can find like an invoice.

We have two rooms, one that was booked for two traveling companions, and was invariantly books as non-refundable. That one was paid in full at the time of booking. The other is for me and a another companion, - refundable - and room itself was paid, but not the fees which were to be collected upon arrival. It will be interesting to see if both will now be charged the updated fee!

With the new list of amenities under the resort fee, does that mean that they'll be charging an additional fee to use the fitness facilities? Anyone there now who could check on this?

We keep saying the fee went up $5 per day but that’s not exactly accurate. They charge ~12.5% sales tax on the resort fee as well. My weeklong stay increased by nearly $40. I will absolutely make a stink over this while I’m there. I agreed to the $35/day resort fee that was included in my quoted rate at booking. I also agreed to the included “amenities”. We have a contract in writing in the form of a confirmation email. I do not agree to their new rate increase and lack of amenities. As far as they know, I’m completely ignorant to the price increase and I’ll use that to my advantage.

I might stop looking at my booking rate anyway, at least for a while. I booked a king deluxe balcony room. It appears that room type is no longer available for my dates. I got a pretty great rate though. My rate is cheaper than the king no view rooms currently.

We keep saying the fee went up $5 per day but that’s not exactly accurate. They charge ~12.5% sales tax on the resort fee as well. My weeklong stay increased by nearly $40. I will absolutely make a stink over this while I’m there. I agreed to the $35/day resort fee that was included in my quoted rate at booking. I also agreed to the included “amenities”. We have a contract in writing in the form of a confirmation email. I do not agree to their new rate increase and lack of amenities. As far as they know, I’m completely ignorant to the price increase and I’ll use that to my advantage.

I might stop looking at my booking rate anyway, at least for a while. I booked a king deluxe balcony room. It appears that room type is no longer available for my dates. I got a pretty great rate though. My rate is cheaper than the king no view rooms currently.
melking, our trip was booked an Express Deal from Priceline. They are none refundable. They said the $35 a day resort fee needed to be paid at check-in. Like you I agreed to the $35 but now it goes up after I book. We can afford it, but it just looks bad from a Marriott perspective.

where are you finding info about your fee amount on an existing resv?

This is what I see on Bonvoy:

1656789862198.png

Last edited:

I agree with this for the fact that the fees exist but to raise them on people that already have made reservations at the lower rate is where my main issue lies. I know it is in the fine print when you reserve that they can raise them at any time but that still doesn’t make it right.
I really hope that they only charge the fee that was in place when booked, that's a bad bait and switch move if they don't - fine print or not.

For us, I'll be burning my Marriott points for our stay in Oahu - not sure my loyalty will remain with Marriott if/when I begin more travel for business. The points devaluation and other things they've done has soured me a bit, time will tell.

I just scrolled through many pages, but couldn’t find the answer to my question- at the Swan, are the “single serve” coffee pots suing the pods, or more of a keurig? I want to bring my own coffee and can’t see a photo of find out in a search. Thanks!

I just scrolled through many pages, but couldn’t find the answer to my question- at the Swan, are the “single serve” coffee pots suing the pods, or more of a keurig? I want to bring my own coffee and can’t see a photo of find out in a search. Thanks!
They aren't pods. They are small, flat filter packs.

I really hope that they only charge the fee that was in place when booked, that's a bad bait and switch move if they don't - fine print or not.

For us, I'll be burning my Marriott points for our stay in Oahu - not sure my loyalty will remain with Marriott if/when I begin more travel for business. The points devaluation and other things they've done has soured me a bit, time will tell.
We booked directly with Bonvoy. I looked at our reservation online and it now reflects the increased fee.

We may be adding a third adult midway thro our stay. I want to make sure she is included for MDE purposes, but I don’t want to pay the additional adult fee for the nights she won’t be with us. Have any of you dealt with this at the Swan? Thanks

We booked through the Marriott website. Is there anything we will lose by doing it that way (vs booking through Disney)? I bought park tickets through UT to save a little money. This is our first time staying at the Swan.

As a good elite Bonvoy member this fries my rear end as well. I booked for a November stay 3 months ago. I also had a gift card thinking that would pay for my $35 resort fee. Am also going to write and call Bonvoy about This. Maybe something will come of that. At least give us the water!

We booked through the Marriott website. Is there anything we will lose by doing it that way (vs booking through Disney)? I bought park tickets through UT to save a little money. This is our first time staying at the Swan.
Not really, you usually will get a lower price, the only "downside" is if you book a package through Disney. But sounds like you went about it the cost savings way, congrats!

I’m considering splurging on a room with a view for NYE if it means I’m guaranteed a fireworks view from my room. I know the Reserve has Epcot specific views, but I’m wondering if the Swan/Dolphin have rooms with guaranteed Epcot views since I’d like a balcony. Would the deluxe resort view be a theme park view by chance?

I’m considering splurging on a room with a view for NYE if it means I’m guaranteed a fireworks view from my room. I know the Reserve has Epcot specific views, but I’m wondering if the Swan/Dolphin have rooms with guaranteed Epcot views since I’d like a balcony. Would the deluxe resort view be a theme park view by chance?
Well, I can speak of the Swan. Higher floors (I'd say 6 or higher) with the east wing and east view of the BW. You'd be able to look over the BW and on over to Epcot. You would only see the higher fireworks as well as Spaceship Earth.

https://goo.gl/maps/xd1tGH6jQ5BmsevAA

spelling

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter