Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I’m considering splurging on a room with a view for NYE if it means I’m guaranteed a fireworks view from my room. I know the Reserve has Epcot specific views, but I’m wondering if the Swan/Dolphin have rooms with guaranteed Epcot views since I’d like a balcony. Would the deluxe resort view be a theme park view by chance?
The Dolphin does have a specific booking category of Epcot fireworks view rooms. They’re very hard to get for NYE. With Swan it’s a case of requesting a room in the location Dan suggested in his post above. It’s just a request, though, with nothing guaranteed. Following Dan’s advice, last Thanksgiving we had a Swan 6th floor balcony room with views of both Epcot and MK fireworks. It was pretty awesome.

Last edited:
The Dolphin does have a specific booking category of Epcot fireworks view rooms. They’re very hard to get for NYE. With Swan it’s a case of requesting a room in the location Dan suggested in his post above. It’s just a request, though, with nothing guaranteed. Following Dan’s advice, last Thanksgiving we had a Swan 6th floor balcony room with views of both Epcot and MK fireworks. It was pretty awesome.
Good to know, I searched other dates & couldn’t find a specific category for Epcot view at the Dolphin, so I’m glad you mentioned this! We’ll try for the Swan & put in a request for that view!

Ahh yes, CJN, forgot MK also. With those rooms, you can also see MK fireworks, though more off in the distance. But still highly visible for viewing.

I just measured, 4,500 feet from Swan to SE, 4 miles to MK. Both direct line of sight.
We weren’t expecting to see the ones at MK and so didn’t even notice them until about halfway through our trip 😂. What an awesome surprise.

Ahh yes, CJN, forgot MK also. With those rooms, you can also see MK fireworks, though more off in the distance. But still highly visible for viewing.

I just measured, 4,500 feet from Swan to SE, 4 miles to MK. Both direct line of sight.
Dan how many floors does the Swan have? We had already booked a balcony room but when I send in room request do I want to say East Wing floor 6 and higher or ??? Thx

Dan how many floors does the Swan have? We had already booked a balcony room but when I send in room request do I want to say East Wing floor 6 and higher or ??? Thx
Not sure if this link will come up #D or not. But with the main proper part of the Swan, 9 floors are able to face east and only two end rooms per floor and they are alcove rooms, or whatever they call them now. Some facing south in that main building may be good also. No balconies. .

With the projection part of the building, that goes up 7 floors. 6 or 7 should be good. All those do have balconies.

If the Google link does not come up 3D, click to make it 3D. And move around for different views by holding your Ctrl key down and moving you mouse around. Gives you great views of the resorts frim any angle.

Hope you are able to do the Google thing, really helps to see.

https://goo.gl/maps/JFEdScRC2HaFELuF8

Thanks, I was like DUH, I can just look at Google Earth! Perfect! Fingers crossed, I’m just a low Gold elite but maybe!

Not to make this too confusing but when you request east wing, it’s important to also request an east view (or Epcot/Boardwalk view). Otherwise it’s possible to be placed in the east and get a west view (which is towards the inner courtyard and you’ll be staring at the west wing).

Not to make this too confusing but when you request east wing, it’s important to also request an east view (or Epcot/Boardwalk view). Otherwise it’s possible to be placed in the east and get a west view (which is towards the inner courtyard and you’ll be staring at the west wing).
Great additional thought, CJN. :thumbsup2

As a good elite Bonvoy member this fries my rear end as well. I booked for a November stay 3 months ago. I also had a gift card thinking that would pay for my $35 resort fee. Am also going to write and call Bonvoy about This. Maybe something will come of that. At least give us the water!
I called the Swan directly and got no where. They actually told me there was no increase. Did you call/write and get any response??

@Donald Duck Family - thanks for the laugh. I call it being Chapek'd & Bonvoyed.

@Swimgirly I'd say that's probably just lack of training or miscommunication from management to the employee. Might call back, but may want to ask to talk with a supervisor or ask for in-house reservations that team seems to know more details about S/D than any other.

Good to know, I searched other dates & couldn’t find a specific category for Epcot view at the Dolphin, so I’m glad you mentioned this! We’ll try for the Swan & put in a request for that view!
If they don't show, try checking another date then you should be able to confirm. I'd call the SD direct, 407-934-4000 between 8-5 (though probably best 9-4) and ask for in-house reservations. Let them know what you're looking for and see if the can get you what you want.

@Swimgirly I'd say that's probably just lack of training or miscommunication from management to the employee. Might call back, but may want to ask to talk with a supervisor or ask for in-house reservations that team seems to know more details about S/D than any other.
Surprisingly, I did speak to 2 people with in-house reservations on Friday... both said it has been $35 forever and they had no notice it was changing. (Maybe they know now??) I had noticed the price increase on my own booking before seeing it here today and called immediately because I wanted to know why I was paying an extra $40-ish. Like others said, it's not that I can't afford it, it's just the principle of it. Plus I was really looking forward to not having to pack water in my suitcase this year. :drinking:

@Swimgirly what a complete cluster! Somebody dropped the ball big time. Pre-Covid when they weren't handing out unlimited waters we had a case of water delivered, 2 a day wasn't enough. The water hand out was a SPG holdover that SD kept around when Marriott corp bailed on it, seems everyone is getting Bonvoy'd this go around.

Personally ditching the bottles of water isn't all that annoying and better for the environment but we know they did it to save money not save the planet. Now if they added water bottle filling stations I'd be thrilled. But that would require caring about their customers and showing value added customer service, it's easier to just ignore the issue and charge more. :(

Anyone there now? A friend is staying there and they’re being evacuated currently. Just wondering if anyone had any insight as to why.

Which would you choose: Swan or Dolphin for solo staycation? I've stayed at Swan multiple times but never Dolphin. I love the quiet pool at the Swan, not a fan of the feature pool. Never walked by the quiet pool at the Dolphin to compare.

I primarily want a quiet pool where I can easily found a lounger in the sun and a peaceful room. Don't care about view or bed size, though I really hate long treks to my room (I'm looking at you, Kidani).

Dolphin is $20/night less than the Swan.

Which would you choose?

In the middle of a stay at Swan right now — and love it. It’s a great hotel, and the easy walk to two parks (plus the morning park benefits for staying here) are awesome.

(I prefer it much more than Dolphin, even though they’re effectively two parts of the same hotel. Dolphin has been chaotic and crowded. Swan is quiet and relaxed - and I think a bit more upscale.)

The only thing I hate - discussed in this thread a few weeks ago - is the guest laundry (the one and only guest laundry for the whole complex, located on the main floor of Dolphin).

Three tries to use it. Twice … chaos. Packed, crowded, and machines all in use and reserved with piles of laundry.

Third time (tonight) I though I was lucky. Tons of washing machines available. I realized when my wash was done, though, that the dryers were all in use. Almost all full of wet DIRTY shoes, fresh from the parks. Even people taking off their dirty shoes and dirty socks right in the laundry room, stuffing them in dryers.

It’s disgusting. I came here (finally) to clean my clothes, and my family’s clean underwear and shirts go in a dryer after someone’s filthy shoes and unwashed socks.

Just gross.

Which would you choose: Swan or Dolphin for solo staycation? I've stayed at Swan multiple times but never Dolphin. I love the quiet pool at the Swan, not a fan of the feature pool. Never walked by the quiet pool at the Dolphin to compare.

I primarily want a quiet pool where I can easily found a lounger in the sun and a peaceful room. Don't care about view or bed size, though I really hate long treks to my room (I'm looking at you, Kidani).

Dolphin is $20/night less than the Swan.

Which would you choose?
Well, based on your criteria here, Aimee, I see another Swan stay in your future.

Almost all full of wet DIRTY shoes, fresh from the parks. Even people taking off their dirty shoes and dirty socks right in the laundry room, stuffing them in dryers.

It’s disgusting. I came here (finally) to clean my clothes, and my family’s clean underwear and shirts go in a dryer after someone’s filthy shoes and unwashed socks.

Just gross.
Well that's nasty sounding. Yuck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter