• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

@stitchfan18 I'd say very doubtful since your not booking direct, but you can ask. Based on the discussion about how they treat the Dolphin/Sheraton, Swan/Westin & Reserve/Autograph different I'd venture to say that they are probably getting (partially) reimbursed by Marriott Bonvoy system but only for those that meet the criteria, otherwise they probably eat the cost. That's why I think it's unlikely.

I made a 3rd party booking for our stay at the Dolphin, so I had to call in to get the Marriott confirmation number to link to MDE. I was able to use the Marriott confirmation they gave me to link the stay to my Marriott profile. I’m curious if we might get our breakfast vouchers for being platinum despite not booking direct.

Has anyone else with higher Marriott status done this & received status perks?

Make sure you keep that confirmation number handy as you might need to for MDE later on, if it drops out.

3rd Party reservations usually don't receive perks or points.

Make sure you keep that confirmation number handy as you might need to for MDE later on, if it drops out.

3rd Party reservations usually don't receive perks or points.
Question…
We booked a package at Swan through Disney.
Does this dropping from MDE happen to those who book directly through Disney as well?
Thanks!

I’ve been checking multiple times a day for months for any room at S/D/SR for our trip in February - and nothing!!

I’ve never seen bookings so tough to get! I’m hoping some conference holds open up, but in my gut, I suspect it’s a combo of school vacation and Princess Half Marathon weekend.

Our back-up is WL - which we love, and maybe it’s better to not be tempted with so much walking to Epcot and DHS when I’m running all 3 races?

We love the S/D/SR though!
If it’s school vacay and race weekend you could actually be out of luck but if it’s also a convention they say room blocks for those get released at the 30 day mark.

Question…
Does this dropping from MDE happen to those who book directly through Disney as well?
Thanks!
I booked directly through Marriott in May and after we checked in, our reservation dropped from MDE, not sure about booking through Disney.

Could someone who is there take a photo or make a note of what wines are available to purchase in the shops at Dolphin and Swan.... mainly looking at red blends or cabs....

I had planned to bring a couple of bottles along but if I can get it there with at a reasonable price, it would be one less thing to take up space in my luggage...

Thanks!

Question…
Thanks!
Yes, I booked through Disney and my reservation dropped once before arrival. No issues during my stay.

Could someone who is there take a photo or make a note of what wines are available to purchase in the shops at Dolphin and Swan.... mainly looking at red blends or cabs....

I had planned to bring a couple of bottles along but if I can get it there with at a reasonable price, it would be one less thing to take up space in my luggage...

Thanks!
I used Instacart for liquor when there and it worked like a charm. Fast easy delivery and meetup in the lobby and paid liquor store prices instead of inflated gift shop or restaurant pricing for wine and liquor. Just an option.

You can also use https://www.shipt.com/shop.
Most VISA cards offer a free trial. Some a month some 3 years.

Similar to Instacart. It will shop supermarkets like Publix, drug stores like Walgreens, 7 11 etc.

It's owned by Target. Target prices aren't marked up, you pay store prices. Order liquor from Target and the liquor delivery fees appear to vanish.

Shopping services frequently markup store prices 5 -10%

Edited to add The Target store used for Disney area resorts has a good liquor department. Shipt will deliver from ABC liquor, small markup

Last edited:
Hello all, coming to WDW the week before Christmas for first trip in 5 years with our tween and teen (4 people total). We have Bonvoy Ambassador status and suite nights to burn, so we are trying to get 2 bathrooms to speed the “getting-ready” process. We have been offered either a 1) Swan king Alcove room + double Queen connecting, or 2) Swan Reserve Chairman suite.

We have 3-day PH’s, a MVMCP and a Universal Orlando day scheduled. We generally prefer smaller or more modern hotels, and will most likely either boat or Lyft/Minnie Van so we can expend our energy in the parks. The SR looks more our style, but the suite still only has 1 bathroom. The Swan is closer, but I think the food offerings at the SR look more appealing to our Southern California palates. Reading the thread, I’m a little unclear on which property has the better breakfast benefit. Recs on where to stay? What else should I consider?

Hello all, coming to WDW the week before Christmas for first trip in 5 years with our tween and teen (4 people total). We have Bonvoy Ambassador status and suite nights to burn, so we are trying to get 2 bathrooms to speed the “getting-ready” process. We have been offered either a 1) Swan king Alcove room + double Queen connecting, or 2) Swan Reserve Chairman suite.

We have 3-day PH’s, a MVMCP and a Universal Orlando day scheduled. We generally prefer smaller or more modern hotels, and will most likely either boat or Lyft/Minnie Van so we can expend our energy in the parks. The SR looks more our style, but the suite still only has 1 bathroom. The Swan is closer, but I think the food offerings at the SR look more appealing to our Southern California palates. Reading the thread, I’m a little unclear on which property has the better breakfast benefit. Recs on where to stay? What else should I consider?
As far as breakfast I love that SR delivers the continental breakfast for two to your room, a feature Swan does not offer.

As far as breakfast I love that SR delivers the continental breakfast for two to your room, a feature Swan does not offer.
Thank you - this is very helpful when leaving in the morning, as well! If we are mostly using ride-share, is there much benefit to staying at the Swan?

Thanks!
Here is the list from Fuel at Dolphin

Attachments

• 00EF90F9-DB72-41FE-82D4-6B8D633D9C78.jpeg
    00EF90F9-DB72-41FE-82D4-6B8D633D9C78.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 39
Here right now at Dolphin and just a quick summary on our AK bus experience! We got to the Dolphin bus stop at 9:32 and an AK bus arrived at 9:58. Actually it may have arrived a few minutes earlier but an MK bus was there since 9:48 trying and failing to load a scooter and it blocked the other bus. A DS bus also came at like 9:33 and only one person got on haha. Anyways the people waiting figured out an AK bus was behind the MK bus and the driver came out and said he was going to AK and had us load behind the MK bus, there’s really only one “loading zone” so we kinda chuckled to each other that Disney drivers would never let us load in a non designated area for safety, well we were glad Mears drivers don’t have this rule as we had been waiting a while! The driver then backed up the bus to leave since the MK bus was still there, again something a Disney bus driver would never do 😂

We went straight to AK and from the bus leaving the Dolphin bus stop to stepping off the bus at AK was 16 min. You get dropped off right by the rideshares, the opposite side of the entrance than the Disney buses (when you exit AK go left instead of right). There’s a little covered sitting area shared by other buses like the Four Seasons. It’s nice to have seating! There are signs for Swan and Dolphin too which is the first parking spot (3). It was a little confusing because the driver said when you come back, remember spot 3. I’m not sure why they don’t just say come back to where you are now! Because we thought maybe he meant stop 3 on the Disney bus side. Nope, pick up and drop off are the same spot.

On our way out of AK back to Dolphin we got to the bus stop and waited all of 3 minutes, amazing timing! A few people got off and said the driver said to tell people the bus was for Swan/Dolphin/Reserve. The buses are NOT marked nor did it say AK. But the bus looked the same as the one we took to the park so we recognized it before it even pulled into the spot.

The bus pulled up at 3:38, a few parties loaded with us but not very many, and we were off. We made it back to Swan by 3:51 and Dolphin by 3:53. Very slick.

Sorry this is long but hope this is helpful to anyone wondering about the buses! It would take us at least 10 minutes to walk to the Boardwalk or Yacht buses so we decided just using the Dolphin AK bus would be fine. This is our first non-Disney resort stay and this was a good bus first impression so far! Just wish buses were labeled better. The AK spot was excellent, just as close as the closest Disney bus (maybe even closer) and way closer than the far Disney buses. Plus seating! There’s no order or lining up though so not sure if it works as well if things are busy, the Mears coach buses fit a lot of people though so maybe it’s a non issue.

Attachments

• 577A468D-6BDF-4E83-A6FB-3FA0E3318147.jpeg
    577A468D-6BDF-4E83-A6FB-3FA0E3318147.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 5E65A47A-EB2B-4005-93C1-254B36AD17D3.jpeg
    5E65A47A-EB2B-4005-93C1-254B36AD17D3.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Here right now at Dolphin and just a quick summary on our AK bus experience! We got to the Dolphin bus stop at 9:32 and an AK bus arrived at 9:58. Actually it may have arrived a few minutes earlier but an MK bus was there since 9:48 trying and failing to load a scooter and it blocked the other bus. A DS bus also came at like 9:33 and only one person got on haha. Anyways the people waiting figured out an AK bus was behind the MK bus and the driver came out and said he was going to AK and had us load behind the MK bus, there’s really only one “loading zone” so we kinda chuckled to each other that Disney drivers would never let us load in a non designated area for safety, well we were glad Mears drivers don’t have this rule as we had been waiting a while! The driver then backed up the bus to leave since the MK bus was still there, again something a Disney bus driver would never do 😂

We went straight to AK and from the bus leaving the Dolphin bus stop to stepping off the bus at AK was 16 min. You get dropped off right by the rideshares, the opposite side of the entrance than the Disney buses (when you exit AK go left instead of right). There’s a little covered sitting area shared by other buses like the Four Seasons. It’s nice to have seating! There are signs for Swan and Dolphin too which is the first parking spot (3). It was a little confusing because the driver said when you come back, remember spot 3. I’m not sure why they don’t just say come back to where you are now! Because we thought maybe he meant stop 3 on the Disney bus side. Nope, pick up and drop off are the same spot.

On our way out of AK back to Dolphin we got to the bus stop and waited all of 3 minutes, amazing timing! A few people got off and said the driver said to tell people the bus was for Swan/Dolphin/Reserve. The buses are NOT marked nor did it say AK. But the bus looked the same as the one we took to the park so we recognized it before it even pulled into the spot.

The bus pulled up at 3:38, a few parties loaded with us but not very many, and we were off. We made it back to Swan by 3:51 and Dolphin by 3:53. Very slick.

Sorry this is long but hope this is helpful to anyone wondering about the buses! It would take us at least 10 minutes to walk to the Boardwalk or Yacht buses so we decided just using the Dolphin AK bus would be fine. This is our first non-Disney resort stay and this was a good bus first impression so far! Just wish buses were labeled better. The AK spot was excellent, just as close as the closest Disney bus (maybe even closer) and way closer than the far Disney buses. Plus seating! There’s no order or lining up though so not sure if it works as well if things are busy, the Mears coach buses fit a lot of people though so maybe it’s a non issue.
Thanks, Hanna, for the very detailed review on the S/D/AK bus service. Sounds like a winner. Much appreciated.

Thank you so much for your report. I haven't stayed at the Dolphin since before the pandemic closure, so have not taken buses from the resort to the parks. It sounds like from your post that the only one we need to worry about really is Magic Kingdom.

Does the Dolphin have a monitor showing when the next bus is due like the other Disney resorts have?

Also, I looked at the first page under the transportation header, and it must have been written when the Disney buses were servicing D/S/SR. Can someone show me on the Disney map where in the Transportation Center the Magic Kingdom bus drops you off in relation to the monorails and the ferry boats. We probably will go to Yacht or Boardwalk to get to MK, but it would be good to know where they are...TC is a big place...lol

Thanks in advance!

an someone show me on the Disney map where in the Transportation Center the Magic Kingdom bus drops you off in relation to the monorails and the ferry boats. We probably will go to Yacht or Boardwalk to get to MK, but it would be good to know where they are...TC is a big place...lol

Thanks in advance!
1669463356867.png

Thank you so much for your report. I haven't stayed at the Dolphin since before the pandemic closure, so have not taken buses from the resort to the parks. It sounds like from your post that the only one we need to worry about really is Magic Kingdom.

Does the Dolphin have a monitor showing when the next bus is due like the other Disney resorts have?

Also, I looked at the first page under the transportation header, and it must have been written when the Disney buses were servicing D/S/SR. Can someone show me on the Disney map where in the Transportation Center the Magic Kingdom bus drops you off in relation to the monorails and the ferry boats. We probably will go to Yacht or Boardwalk to get to MK, but it would be good to know where they are...TC is a big place...lol

Thanks in advance!
They do not have a monitor with times, at least not that we saw, someone can feel free to correct me if we missed it. Just a TV showing which type of transportation to use per park but no times listed sadly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter