Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Just got my folio for checkout and it looks like I was charged $35 for the resort fee, the front desk person also wrote $35 on my room key card at check in. I booked before the resort fee increase to $40 but I rebooked multiple times after and my online booking price always reflected the new $40 fee, so a nice surprise. We had complimentary water bottles in our room as well.

We booked Swan through the Disney website. Will there be water in the room when we check in, or is that only if you are a Marriott member? What all is different if you book through Disney instead of Marriott?
Thanks!

Hello all, coming to WDW the week before Christmas for first trip in 5 years with our tween and teen (4 people total). We have Bonvoy Ambassador status and suite nights to burn, so we are trying to get 2 bathrooms to speed the “getting-ready” process. We have been offered either a 1) Swan king Alcove room + double Queen connecting, or 2) Swan Reserve Chairman suite.

We have 3-day PH’s, a MVMCP and a Universal Orlando day scheduled. We generally prefer smaller or more modern hotels, and will most likely either boat or Lyft/Minnie Van so we can expend our energy in the parks. The SR looks more our style, but the suite still only has 1 bathroom. The Swan is closer, but I think the food offerings at the SR look more appealing to our Southern California palates. Reading the thread, I’m a little unclear on which property has the better breakfast benefit. Recs on where to stay? What else should I consider?

I know this may be a bit late but I LOVE the Alcove rooms - they are just my favorite! They are SO spacious!!

A lot of folks do like the swan reserve but a couple of friends of mine HATED it . She usually stays at the Dolphin and said the walls were too thin - she hated it so much that they checked out at 1 AM and since the Dolphin was booked, went over to the JW Marriot (she's Ambassador)

@glocon I'm not sure if we know exactly what's going on with the water. Some reports are that it's been discontinued, yet some still get it. It could be a status thing but that means the maids would have to only add them for those rooms, which seems like a pain. Difference are mostly Bonvoy points and perks, but you really won't miss all that much. Do be sure to download the Swan Dolphin Mobile App.

@glocon I'm not sure if we know exactly what's going on with the water. Some reports are that it's been discontinued, yet some still get it. It could be a status thing but that means the maids would have to only add them for those rooms, which seems like a pain. Difference are mostly Bonvoy points and perks, but you really won't miss all that much. Do be sure to download the Swan Dolphin Mobile App.
I got bottles of water in my room in early Nov at the Dolphin. Reserved via Bonvoy app and and member.

@Disneyhanna - thanks, wish I had a better idea if they are going to keep providing or if its status or just if the employees play "Spin the Wheel for Water" or something ;) Hopefully SDR just keeps providing it.

Just silver, nothing special ;)
I'm Gold.... that's not special either, really have to hit Platinum level to be "special".

Best room upgrade I've gotten... few years ago booked a Hotwire Hot Rate at Dolphin. Got a balcony room with view of Epcot... Still wonder if maybe they give first time guest better upgrades than returning ones. ;)

@Disneyhanna - thanks, wish I had a better idea if they are going to keep providing or if its status or just if the employees play "Spin the Wheel for Water" or something ;) Hopefully SDR just keeps providing it.
From what I’ve seen here Imho it’s still being provided but sometimes housekeeping forgets and you need to ask. i don’t think we have a report of anyone being told no water bottles for you by housekeeping… I asked a housekeeper in the hallway if SR one day and she just handed me some water bottles. No checking my room number or wanting to know my status nonsense. They keep water bottles on their carts like towels. It’s nbd to them.

ETA: my trip was mid-Nov

Last edited:
I'm Gold.... that's not special either, really have to hit Platinum level to be "special".

Best room upgrade I've gotten... few years ago booked a Hotwire Hot Rate at Dolphin. Got a balcony room with view of Epcot... Still wonder if maybe they give first time guest better upgrades than returning ones. ;)
That’s a no. My first stay was Swan last year as gold and I was given a room in such crap shape I actually complained to the front desk as I was worried I would cut my foot while showering because of the extensive tub peeling. They then told me that room wasn’t even supposed to be in circulation and gave me another… I booked direct and they still gave me worse than their worst available 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter