Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

@oceanmarina We stayed during a very large convention that used both S & D rooms and facilities, and found the impact very minor - unless I was looking to eat at one of the signature restaurants or hit up a bar at night. They did have a room across from ours that was used all day for sessions and hospitality in the evening, but it was really a non issue for us.

They have closed down a pool for some events at other times (at least once which was shared here), which was a complete shock they would do that with out compensation or alternative or notice. I would most defiantly call the S/D - during the day hours and inquire if there were any closures for your stay, I think it would be worth also sending them a text via the Swan Dolphin Mobile App - keep screen caps and note the date/time and who you talked to - that can give you some muscle if it ends up happening to you.

I am not a fan of TripAdvisor personally, I've read to many baloney "reviews". The person's stay was April 2022 - we had people on this forum there during that time and I can't say I recall any similar reports (you can scroll back and read posts from April/May). The person is also a one hit wonder, just joined TA and posted the complaint with no other feedback about their stay. So I take it with a grain of salt, and while I can see it happening I also know what kind of rude behavior is going on all over the place.

I've also been around resort conventions with kids events going on - and from my experience I'd rather have the adults in most cases. ;)

Only you can decide what to do, but from my experience the issue reports is few and far between and not normal.

@oceanmarina We stayed during a very large convention that used both S & D rooms and facilities, and found the impact very minor - unless I was looking to eat at one of the signature restaurants or hit up a bar at night. They did have a room across from ours that was used all day for sessions and hospitality in the evening, but it was really a non issue for us.

They have closed down a pool for some events at other times (at least once which was shared here), which was a complete shock they would do that with out compensation or alternative or notice. I would most defiantly call the S/D - during the day hours and inquire if there were any closures for your stay, I think it would be worth also sending them a text via the Swan Dolphin Mobile App - keep screen caps and note the date/time and who you talked to - that can give you some muscle if it ends up happening to you.

I am not a fan of TripAdvisor personally, I've read to many baloney "reviews". The person's stay was April 2022 - we had people on this forum there during that time and I can't say I recall any similar reports (you can scroll back and read posts from April/May). The person is also a one hit wonder, just joined TA and posted the complaint with no other feedback about their stay. So I take it with a grain of salt, and while I can see it happening I also know what kind of rude behavior is going on all over the place.

I've also been around resort conventions with kids events going on - and from my experience I'd rather have the adults in most cases. ;)

Only you can decide what to do, but from my experience the issue reports is few and far between and not normal.

Thank you so much, I appreciate it. For the days I want in mid- August, the Dolphin is completely sold out - which made me nervous regarding how hectic the pool areas and Swan resort would be.

May I ask how clean/nice you found the rooms at the swan would be compared to a Disney deluxe room? (We usually stay at a 1 bedroom Villa Wilderness lodge if that helps).

Hi! Could use thoughts please. I booked the following for mid/late April 2023 at the Swan: Balcony, Executive Parlor Connecting to Two Queen Bed Room. Questions 1. Is $600/night (w/out tax,fees) a good rate or can I expect it to go down? 2. Bonvoy app is only showing the parlor room. Should I be concerned? The e-mail confirmation showed what I typed above. 3. Anyone happen to stay in this type of room? Not sure what view type this is. Do we have two fridges? Allergy family and we can use two. Thanks so much!
The rate may or may not drop as it's based on occupancy. That's a busy time due to spring break but who knows?

No need to be alarmed. We had this room in April and it only showed up as a parlor room.

The view can vary depending on location in the hotel.
Ours had a great view of TOT.

Yes there are two fridges. There's two of everything. It's a very nice set up as long as you understand the parlor room is a fold out sofa. My daughter slept on it for 10 nights and said it was very comfortable.

Hi can I ask a question as to how much to the conventions going on impact guests stay?

I was about to book the Swan for mid-August and today I read a review which made me nervous titled "Rowdy convention center, inappropriate for family stays" which talked about their stay at the Dolphin and how pools were reserved for convention members and the crowd was not family friendly (vaping, drunk, disorderly).

I tried calling over and they said yes they do close portions of the resort for conventions but they couldn't tell me details about what types of conventions were coming in (I think they said one cheerleading group was coming in August).

I just wanted to check in with the board to see if this is a common occurrence, I don't think that's fair as a paying guest to not have access to some of the pools and also it's s family trip so I would also want to avoid big disorderly groups as she described.

Thanks for any feedback/advice, Marina
Occasionally the pool will be closed but only if the convention group rents it. In about 30 stays I've seen it twice. I've never seen it happen for more than a few hours in the evening. There are d8fference announcing the closure in advance.
I've seen bars and restaurants busy but never what I'd call rowdy. Noisy from talking like any crowd but not rowdy

Has anyone successfully booked points plus cash for their stay at Swan/Dolphin/Swan Reserve? I am looking into some dates (about 7 nights) and it notes that the combination is unavailable. I don't know if A) it's unavailable B) It's too early to be available or C) May become available later. I've never done this before (for any property) and didn't know if there was anyone with real world experience :)

The rate may or may not drop as it's based on occupancy. That's a busy time due to spring break but who knows?

No need to be alarmed. We had this room in April and it only showed up as a parlor room.

The view can vary depending on location in the hotel.
Ours had a great view of TOT.

Yes there are two fridges. There's two of everything. It's a very nice set up as long as you understand the parlor room is a fold out sofa. My daughter slept on it for 10 nights and said it was very comfortable.
Thanks so much! I appreciate it! We haven't gone in a while and had stayed in studios at other locations in the past. Kids are too old for that now. Relieved that you had same setup and worked well. Thanks!

Has anyone successfully booked points plus cash for their stay at Swan/Dolphin/Swan Reserve? I am looking into some dates (about 7 nights) and it notes that the combination is unavailable. I don't know if A) it's unavailable B) It's too early to be available or C) May become available later. I've never done this before (for any property) and didn't know if there was anyone with real world experience :)
It is difficult. I had to book two se reservations for July . One night on points and one cash for it to work

Thank you so much, I appreciate it. For the days I want in mid- August, the Dolphin is completely sold out - which made me nervous regarding how hectic the pool areas and Swan resort would be.

May I ask how clean/nice you found the rooms at the swan would be compared to a Disney deluxe room? (We usually stay at a 1 bedroom Villa Wilderness lodge if that helps).
Yes, they must have just. booked. Last week I was still able to go in a modify my. stay and they had PLENTY of availability and then overnight there was none. Is there a way. to find out convention dates and who's coming etc?

Yes, they must have just. booked. Last week I was still able to go in a modify my. stay and they had PLENTY of availability and then overnight there was none. Is there a way. to find out convention dates and who's coming etc?
There’s this calendar but I don’t think it’s a complete list of all of their conventions/group bookings. I didn’t fully look at it but I doubt wedding and other just groups are listed.

There is a large conference at the Dolphin Aug 17-20, but looking at the agenda there doesn't appear be any closed pool time, and the hours tells me they will be in sessions a lot, but later evenings it will be busy - many will opt to go to Disney Springs, and one night they are at Epcot.

It's been a few but we found the rooms to be in great shape. We had room 444 at the Swan which was a corner room, so a lot of light from the two sets of window over looking the river and backside of the BW. Currently I think they are doing good but, like Disney, they could probably do more. After our last stay in Hawaii I think they are doing a better job there vs the hotels at Disney as far as daily cleaning.
I have done it in the past back when it was an SPG property and I've done it with Marriott propties. When in doubt either call the Bonvoy Members hotline or call Swan Dolphin using the local number M-F 9-4 and ask for In-House Reservations and see if they can help you.
Those certainly are big ones.
The mid-August convention will be if they get the 5,000 attendees plus exhibitors, but many exhibitor teams will stay off site at something cheaper, the others are around 100-500 and that's pretty small.

The flexible date calendars show the day after Labor Day through the next 2+ weeks unavailable for checkin at both Swan and Dolphin so I wonder if there’s a huge convention or two not listed on that website.

There is a large conference at the Dolphin Aug 17-20, but looking at the agenda there doesn't appear be any closed pool time, and the hours tells me they will be in sessions a lot, but later evenings it will be busy - many will opt to go to Disney Springs, and one night they are at Epcot.

It's been a few but we found the rooms to be in great shape. We had room 444 at the Swan which was a corner room, so a lot of light from the two sets of window over looking the river and backside of the BW. Currently I think they are doing good but, like Disney, they could probably do more. After our last stay in Hawaii I think they are doing a better job there vs the hotels at Disney as far as daily cleaning.

I have done it in the past back when it was an SPG property and I've done it with Marriott propties. When in doubt either call the Bonvoy Members hotline or call Swan Dolphin using the local number M-F 9-4 and ask for In-House Reservations and see if they can help you.

The mid-August convention will be if they get the 5,000 attendees plus exhibitors, but many exhibitor teams will stay off site at something cheaper, the others are around 100-500 and that's pretty small.
Gartner in Oct is very big. Usually at S/D, Y&BC and BW.

@melking23 it's possible something isn't listed, but I think it's just the transition from kids & family summer vacations to more adult only time of year. They could also be holding rooms, but a large group would be listed I think. With the start of the Disney Halloween parties my gut says that's a possible reason and with Food & Wine that time of year is popular since kids are back in school.

@melking23 it's possible something isn't listed, but I think it's just the transition from kids & family summer vacations to more adult only time of year. They could also be holding rooms, but a large group would be listed I think. With the start of the Disney Halloween parties my gut says that's a possible reason and with Food & Wine that time of year is popular since kids are back in school.

Food and Wine starts in July now, and somehow Halloween starts in middle of August...

But it's strange the sold out dates are weekdays, and not including the preceding weekend or following weekend. Even if the event isn't on the weekend, you'd think people would travel a day or two early....

Here at the swan reserve now. Just some cons I wanna point out before I forget.

Room will not dry your bathing suits. Hanging them in the bathroom with the horrible fan (dosnt really do anything). I took hangers and hung them on the connecting door hoping the main room would help.. nope.. I resorted to laying towels on the bed and having the windows open while turning the room heat up.

WiFi is super spotty. I had to call tech support and it seemed like they turned it on while assuming I'm an idiot.. ruined one g+ morning. It works for 30secod - 2 min than stops and continues the cycle untill it magical is fine for awhile.

Room delivery of items is.. interesting. We requested extra pillows and they were there by the time we got back to the room at night. But the comforter in the room is thin and slides right off the bed sheet so I requested some blankets. Said it was delivered at 10:30 am yesterday.. nope never came. Had to make sure they were aware so we didn't get charged for stealing blankets. Also had to ask the front desk for my daily 2 waters.

Pros: room ac is super nice, room is quiet, great view for a no view room (view of Epcot and mk fireworks). Front desk has been great. Pool is really nice, we tried the reserve pool since it was almost empty. Was perfect. The walk to the boats is really a non issue and seems closer than when we stayed at dolphin due to the resort being much bigger. TVs are huge, shower is great!.

Have not used the busses yet will update if anything goes crazy. Oh and we have been here for 2 days so far outta our 7.

If you have any questions ask away I will try to answer or ask front desk :)

Addition: finally got the blankets and they are so much nicer than the "comforter" more like a giant bed skirt. The blanks is soft and warm.

Bathing suit update: still wet after 2 days rotating towels and leaving in the sun at the windows. (reg one piece and I wasn't soaked or dripping when we came back to the room on wed around 4pm). Trunks and husbands top dried decent. Make sure to dry off outside and let the heat do this.

Last edited:
Here at the swan reserve now. Just some cons I wanna point out before I forget.

Room will not dry your bathing suits. Hanging them in the bathroom with the horrible fan (dosnt really do anything). I took hangers and hung them on the connecting door hoping the main room would help.. nope.. I resorted to laying towels on the bed and having the windows open while turning the room heat up.

WiFi is super spotty. I had to call tech support and it seemed like they turned it on while assuming I'm an idiot.. ruined one g+ morning. It works for 30secod - 2 min than stops and continues the cycle untill it magical is fine for awhile.

Room delivery of items is.. interesting. We requested extra pillows and they were there by the time we got back to the room at night. But the comforter in the room is thin and slides right off the bed sheet so I requested some blankets. Said it was delivered at 10:30 am yesterday.. nope never came. Had to make sure they were aware so we didn't get charged for stealing blankets. Also had to ask the front desk for my daily 2 waters.

Pros: room ac is super nice, room is quiet, great view for a no view room (view of Epcot and mk fireworks). Front desk has been great. Pool is really nice, we tried the reserve pool since it was almost empty. Was perfect. The walk to the boats is really a non issue and seems closer than when we stayed at dolphin due to the resort being much bigger. TVs are huge, shower is great!.

Have not used the busses yet will update if anything goes crazy. Oh and we have been here for 2 days so far outta our 7.
Thanks for the updates, Meglen. Will be looking for future updates. Enjoy the balance of your 7 day stay.

Took the Animal kingdom bus around 5pm from swan reserve. The bus stop is really close and we waited about 10-15 min. Bus was almost empty and reserve is the last pickup so off we went. Pickup at AK is really close to the front had no issues and we only.had one other guest leaving as we did. Very impressed and we might just grab the mk bus this week and not the boardwalk workaround we used the other night.

Took the Animal kingdom bus around 5pm from swan reserve. The bus stop is really close and we waited about 10-15 min. Bus was almost empty and reserve is the last pickup so off we went. Pickup at AK is really close to the front had no issues and we only.had one other guest leaving as we did. Very impressed and we might just grab the mk bus this week and not the boardwalk workaround we used the other night.
Reminder that the MK bus from Swan/Dolphin/Swan Reserve will drop you off at TTC and you will need to take ferry or monorail from there to MK. The bus from YC/BC/Boardwalk will drop you off at MK.

You probably already know that but I already started typing so I'm going to leave this here.

Reminder that the MK bus from Swan/Dolphin/Swan Reserve will drop you off at TTC and you will need to take ferry or monorail from there to MK. The bus from YC/BC/Boardwalk will drop you off at MK.

You probably already know that but I already started typing so I'm going to leave this here.
Yea I know but always good to remind folks. Only reason we would possibly use it this time is because we won't be closing the park down so I would hope the routes to the ttc would be less crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter