Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I could cancel and rebook to save almost $200 for our late September stay. Shouldn’t be a big deal to link new reservation number to MDE if we already have our current one linked, correct? For some reason MDE with my tickets and reservations already there makes me nervous to make any changes.

Bonvoy claims they will price match so if you find a better rate should be able to get Marriott to match plus get points?
I don't think it will apply in the case of the AP, Teacher, or other similar discounts base on the Applicable Rates information
"Certain rates do not apply to this guarantee. For example, a Comparison Rate does not qualify if it is not publicly available, such as negotiated corporate rates, senior or group rates, or rates available through paid memberships (AAA, etc), rates negotiated for extended stays, rates that have different rules such as cancellation or refund policies, or rates that include differing guaranteed custom room options. We do not accept claims for government funded tourism stimulus promotions."

This also includes package rates (Costco) as well as Auction or Sites that don't disclose the before hand (Priceline/Hotwire)

Well I ended up just calling the number on their site and spoke to someone without waiting on hold! They were able to adjust our rate to the lower rate without an issue. So I could keep my reservation number and won’t need to change anything on MDE! I guess it’s worth to keep checking as the date gets closer to see if there is another chance at savings!

Just wanted to add not to worry if the confirmation code doesn’t work right away. It took 3 days before I could link my express deal to my MDE
Thank you! I thought I had read that it took a few days. I also thought that you needed a 12 digit number and my Priceline # is only an eleven digit number. Actually, we are well past the 60 day ADR and I don't plan to buy a $LL due to it being arrival day. So I don't even need to link it to MDE. I just love to see my plans on the screen, though. I know, I know, I am a nut. . .

I didn't bother to enter that reservation into MDE or Bonvoy, because I was only doing the AP GotG preview. I was able to link another Priceline Express reservation for the Dolphin into MDE in early April, using the confirmation number that I got when I booked on Priceline. I didn't link either into Bonvoy, however, at the check-in desk, my membership number was noted, and I think I got credit for staying those nights? I didn't get points though.
Thank you so much for the info!

Well I ended up just calling the number on their site and spoke to someone without waiting on hold! They were able to adjust our rate to the lower rate without an issue. So I could keep my reservation number and won’t need to change anything on MDE! I guess it’s worth to keep checking as the date gets closer to see if there is another chance at savings!
That’s good to know. I’ve canceled and rebooked a bunch to get lower rates for this trip and it’s always been easy to update in MDE, but this sounds like an even better way.

We are staying at Swan in August. Are reservation is in MDE so my question is can I load a credit card on MDE so that we can charge with our Magic Bands? I don't know if we can do that because of not staying at a Disney resort. We know we can't charge back to the room using MDE at the Swan.

TIA.

We are staying at Swan in August. Are reservation is in MDE so my question is can I load a credit card on MDE so that we can charge with our Magic Bands? I don't know if we can do that because of not staying at a Disney resort. We know we can't charge back to the room using MDE at the Swan.

TIA.
Nope can't charge to magic bands staying off site. Magic bands at this point are for getting into the parks and scanning in for LL access.

TIA.
Using a Magic Band to charge a purchase is the same thing as charging back to your room.

Thanks for the help linking my stay to MDE. On Saturday, it wouldn't link at first. But when I removed the dash, surprise! Excited to try out this lovely resort!

I checked in on the bonvoy app and my stay didn't remove itself from mde. I'm assuming we are good than yea? Or for people who it did remove did it take awhile to do it?

I checked in on the bonvoy app and my stay didn't remove itself from mde. I'm assuming we are good than yea? Or for people who it did remove did it take awhile to do it?
I’ve had my reservation fall off once. I used my Bonvoy reservation number to link again and it was immediate. Keep an eye on it just in case it does fall off once your room is assigned.

I’ve had my reservation fall off once. I used my Bonvoy reservation number to link again and it was immediate. Keep an eye on it just in case it does fall off once your room is assigned.
Yea it did fall off. Relinked no issues I hope it holds lol

I’ve had mine fall off overnight after I made a modification to my reservation, probably when the different systems sync up. Very easy to relink if that happens.

Hi! Could use thoughts please. I booked the following for mid/late April 2023 at the Swan: Balcony, Executive Parlor Connecting to Two Queen Bed Room. Questions 1. Is $600/night (w/out tax,fees) a good rate or can I expect it to go down? 2. Bonvoy app is only showing the parlor room. Should I be concerned? The e-mail confirmation showed what I typed above. 3. Anyone happen to stay in this type of room? Not sure what view type this is. Do we have two fridges? Allergy family and we can use two. Thanks so much!

Hi can I ask a question as to how much to the conventions going on impact guests stay?

I was about to book the Swan for mid-August and today I read a review which made me nervous titled "Rowdy convention center, inappropriate for family stays" which talked about their stay at the Dolphin and how pools were reserved for convention members and the crowd was not family friendly (vaping, drunk, disorderly).

I tried calling over and they said yes they do close portions of the resort for conventions but they couldn't tell me details about what types of conventions were coming in (I think they said one cheerleading group was coming in August).

I just wanted to check in with the board to see if this is a common occurrence, I don't think that's fair as a paying guest to not have access to some of the pools and also it's s family trip so I would also want to avoid big disorderly groups as she described.

Thanks for any feedback/advice, Marina

I can’t speak to pool closures but I did notice it very ‘lively’ late at night at the Dolphin lounge when we went to look fit a late night snack. We were at the Swan and it was pretty much the opposite - very quiet and no one around (abs nithibg open lol)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter