Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi everyone! We are excited for our first stay at the Swan in February! For some reason the search function isn’t working — I am wondering if you can request a microwave for your room? We have multiple food allergies so being able to prepare some quick food in the room would be really helpful!
No, to a microwave in the room but we were told by the front desk the microwaves were back that they always used to have, I believe, on the third and sixth floors by the ice machines. We didn’t verify it, though.

edited to add: my nephew just confirmed it was there. He was our ice runner 😄

Last edited:
Does the Marriott Mobile Key work at the Swan/Dolphin? And (I haven’t used it yet) can multiple devices be setup with it?

If you booked through SwanDolphin then no need to call Disney, call SwanDolphin direct at 407-934-4000 M-F 8-5 and ask for In-House Reservations. This is not totally uncommon but they should be able to assist you.
My in-laws booked a package at Swan a few weeks ago. They said it took a week for the reservation to link.

Thanks, maybe I should just do that. It still hasn't linked (from Sunday). I called into Disney yesterday and they were going to open a ticket on it. I would normally worry about it, but it was a last minute trip for next month (actually a little less than a month now). Anyway, I figured I needed to make park reservations.
My in-laws booked a package at Swan a few weeks ago. They said it took a week for the reservation to link.

How does it work with verifying being a resort guest with respect to early entry or deluxe resort guest for extra evening hours?

we will have magic bands.. because while value is limited at Swan/Dolphin.. we like them. Will scanning those work for this or would we need to verify differently?

How does it work with verifying being a resort guest with respect to early entry or deluxe resort guest for extra evening hours?

we will have magic bands.. because while value is limited at Swan/Dolphin.. we like them. Will scanning those work for this or would we need to verify differently?
Room key card

biggest con for entire swan dolphin complex
- it lacks Disney character inside. transport any of these hotels to middle America and you would not know they are Disney world hotels.
I see this point made quite often. Honestly, I don't really get it. It is certainly true that the S&D don't have Disney IP scattered throughout the buildings. And for those who are looking to be surrounded by princesses 24/7, that is a reasonable downside. But, to me anyway, the S&D are far from your typical Marriott in middle America. Imagine see this in the middle of downtown Indianapolis:

Or seeing this in suburban Cincinnati:

The unique architectural lines, vibrant colors, multi-story fountains, and giant animals on the roof would be decidedly out of place anywhere but Disney World (or some other whimsical, tropical setting). To me, the theming of the Swan and Dolphin is a big draw. It might not be Disney, exactly, but it isn't downtown Buffalo either!

Has anyone done the EEH for MK and gone back to the Swan/Dolphin? I'm a little nervous on what transportation back looks like for that.

I see this point made quite often. Honestly, I don't really get it. It is certainly true that the S&D don't have Disney IP scattered throughout the buildings. And for those who are looking to be surrounded by princesses 24/7, that is a reasonable downside. But, to me anyway, the S&D are far from your typical Marriott in middle America. Imagine see this in the middle of downtown Indianapolis:

View attachment 640122

Or seeing this in suburban Cincinnati:

View attachment 640121

The unique architectural lines, vibrant colors, multi-story fountains, and giant animals on the roof would be decidedly out of place anywhere but Disney World (or some other whimsical, tropical setting). To me, the theming of the Swan and Dolphin is a big draw. It might not be Disney, exactly, but it isn't downtown Buffalo either!
Sure the outside is nice and well themed but go inside and to your room. Would you know you are at Disney or Nebraska?

Has anyone done the EEH for MK and gone back to the Swan/Dolphin? I'm a little nervous on what transportation back looks like for that.
We EEH did in December and were there until park close. We had originally planned to hop a bus back to Boardwalk or Yacht and walk, but the lines were so excessively long for those resorts that we took the ferry to the TTC and there was a bus waiting for us to the Dolphin. Very easy.

On the swan reserve, love the hotel. But it’s a glass tower. Again would not look out of place in any city

overall though the swan and dolphin have great outdoor grounds and theme. Inside like the reserve it’s very much a marriott hotel although pre merger swan and dolphin were spg

Sure the outside is nice and well themed but go inside and to your room. Would you know you are at Disney or Nebraska?
Fair enough. I think that the inside common areas are nicely and uniquely themed as well. But you're right that the rooms don't offer much in that regard. (But I would take a Heavenly bed over a princess painting any day!)

Fair enough. I think that the inside common areas are nicely and uniquely themed as well. But you're right that the rooms don't offer much in that regard. (But I would take a Heavenly bed over a princess painting any day!)
Love the heavenly beds, but I was disappointed in the sheets my last stay. They seem to be going with lower quality sheets than what I remember from years past

i will add the swan bathroom is probably one of my least favorite bathrooms of any hotel. Small and taking a shower soaks the toilet. I hate the swan bathrooms

Awesome. So the only things we can’t do with magic bands (that we would be able to do in a Disney resort stay) are opening room door, and charging for meals or other items at parks or Disney resorts?

I booked a stay for April on Sunday mid-morning. I was able to link it about 1/2 hour ago. I tried on Monday and it wouldn't link, tried this morning and it wouldn't link but it worked this afternoon. MDE has a warning that it could take up to 72 hours after you book to link up. I've stayed at Swan/Dolphin a number of times, I'm going to guess at least 10 and have never had any problems linking up and it has never dropped off my account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter