Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Thanks for the opinions! I’m bringing my daughter and her bestie! They’re graduating HighSchool in June, worst junior and senior year ever. This is sort of a conciliation prize. There will be 3 of us. The girls are super excited to be able to walk to HS and Epcot. We’re going 7/6-7/12. The girls were leaning towards the Dolphin because we can request a rollaway bed. Other than the sleeping situation, they seem open to either resort.
We’re going almost the same dates for my son’s grad trip - rescheduled from last year😂! We like the Dolphin more for teens.

Do you REALLY need the balcony rooms?

If you get a "deluxe resort room" instead of a balcony, will you still have an amazing view? My wife and I are toying back and forth with the idea to upgrade our room to a balcony as a nice place to relax at the end of the day. But then we got back on it saying that we can just walk around the resort and find a nice bench and relax....ah, the things that make us crazy as we preplan like crazy...

Staying at the Swan btw....

If you get a "deluxe resort room" instead of a balcony, will you still have an amazing view? My wife and I are toying back and forth with the idea to upgrade our room to a balcony as a nice place to relax at the end of the day. But then we got back on it saying that we can just walk around the resort and find a nice bench and relax....ah, the things that make us crazy as we preplan like crazy...

I've had balcony rooms. I find the balcony very small, barely enough room for the 2 chairs and a small table. But then I have seen others post here that they are just fine with the balconies and enjoy them.

I like your idea of walking and taking in the resort, sitting now and then to just soak it in.

If you get a "deluxe resort room" instead of a balcony, will you still have an amazing view?
Do you mean a Swan Resort View room?

The views are great!

Treat yourself to a better perspective from the comfort of a Resort Room. Courtyard View Rooms overlook the resort’s interior garden and sitting area and also provide partial views of the resort’s beautiful landscape. Disney Resort View Rooms also offer views of the natural wooded landscape, plus partial views of the Boardwalk Resort area or the Hollywood Studios Tower of Terror. Crescent Lake View Rooms are distinguished by their breathtaking vistas of Walt Disney World’s iconic water feature.

www.swandolphin.com/accommodations/swan_resort_view.html

The balcony was small, but we REALLY enjoyed the opportunity to just sit in our own space, and that was pre-COVID. For our next trip, during COVID and not knowing how the crowds will be, we decided we really needed a balcony again.

Are there any differences in the Dolphin rooms between a standard no view, resort view and Deluxe resort view with balcony? I mean beyond the obvious view and balcony. Are the actual rooms any different?

If you book S/D on a site other than theirs or WDW's, are you able to still link your reservation to MDE?

Yes

I had to manually add my Swan confirmation to MDE. It said it could take up to 72 hours to show up, but mine was there within about six hours. Then just assign your guest to your party.

Was able to use the Passholder discount (QWH ) to get a nice discount on the room, and for some reason the Swan was less than the Dolphin, which was unusual. But rates are always changing....

Also booked with the Marriot App.... The S/D website counted kids as adults whereas the Marriot App didn't. Just used the code under Corporate Discounts.

Yes

I had to manually add my Swan confirmation to MDE. It said it could take up to 72 hours to show up, but mine was there within about six hours. Then just assign your guest to your party.

Was able to use the Passholder discount (QWH ) to get a nice discount on the room, and for some reason the Swan was less than the Dolphin, which was unusual. But rates are always changing....

Also booked with the Marriot App.... The S/D website counted kids as adults whereas the Marriot App didn't. Just used the code under Corporate Discounts.
Did you use your confirmation code from the hotel booking for MDE? Or is there a different code?

Last edited:
Did you use your confirmation code for MDE? Or is there a different code?
No the QWH is for the room reservation. If you made a reservation over the weekend it may take up to 72 hours for your reservation to be linked to MDE.

To manually link your reservation to MDE you will need the 9 digit Marriott confirmation.

Dave

Are there any differences in the Dolphin rooms between a standard no view, resort view and Deluxe resort view with balcony? I mean beyond the obvious view and balcony. Are the actual rooms any different?
No no size difference between the different views just a different view as you correctly guessed.

Dave

This is a bit off-topic but I figured I’d ask since there are so many Bonvoy members here...

I have the Marriott Bonvoy Amex and Visa. Somehow I only have 28 nights towards my status in my account. Any idea what may have went wrong? (I also have my free night certificates in there). I’m trying to see if I can figure out exactly how many I’m supposed to have before I spend time calling Bonvoy.

Any advice is welcome!

Are the Mears busses to Animal Kingdom running on the same schedule as Disney's or do you need to find alternate transportation to get there for rope drop?

I’ve been scrolling through this thread but haven’t seen it listed. Has anyone calculated how far of a walk the Swan Reserve is/will be to the main pool? How about to the Friendship boat landing? Any other landmarks?
I’m trying to decide if I want to book at the brand new shiny building or stay where I know I like...

I’ve been scrolling through this thread but haven’t seen it listed. Has anyone calculated how far of a walk the Swan Reserve is/will be to the main pool? How about to the Friendship boat landing? Any other landmarks?
I’m trying to decide if I want to book at the brand new shiny building or stay where I know I like...
The Swanserve™ is actually closer to the main pool than most of the Swan; you pretty much just have to cross the street and you're there. The boat dock is a bit further, but not too bad - maybe 2 or 3 minutes more vs. the Swan or Dolphin.

There is construction in the lobby going on now? They just completed a huge rehab there.
When I was there a couple weeks ago, they would periodically move check-in over the conference desk by the ballroom. Also had wooden barriers around whatever is just inside the main revolving doors between the front desk and the gift shop.

The Swanserve™ is actually closer to the main pool than most of the Swan; you pretty much just have to cross the street and you're there. The boat dock is a bit further, but not too bad - maybe 2 or 3 minutes more vs. the Swan or Dolphin.
About 360 feet to the Grotto area, about 595 feet to the main pool itself.

About 1,250 feet.
Thanks guys! Looks like I’m going to book the shiny new room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter