Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Same! 17th-24th. Booked yesterday, so hopefully by tomorrow I’ll see the ressie in MDE. Waiting anxiously for WDW F&W to be announced!!

Let me know if you end up seeing it? I had to call MDE and they had to manually enter it in. But now I can't go in and make partial payments as the date approaches. I have to call every time I want to make any kind of modification. Very inconvenient.

Let me know if you end up seeing it? I had to call MDE and they had to manually enter it in. But now I can't go in and make partial payments as the date approaches. I have to call every time I want to make any kind of modification. Very inconvenient.
I paid in full, so let’s see if that makes a difference.

After many trips most offsite but a few value stays also, I’m traveling for my 50th birthday and daughters 21st in mid October and I think the Swan would be a great fit for us. My daughters college roommate and mom are coming along also. Since they want to drink around the world, we want to be close to Epcot but there is a budget!!! Where’s the best place to search for rates? The Marriott site directly? Somewhere else?

I started researching today because our current 20 year old has been begging for the “drink around the world“ experience for her 21st. It’s going to be pricey, no matter how we plan it, but I am currently leaning toward a stay at Swan. My husband’s employer often gets discounts at Marriott properties, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed for that to occur.

I booked directly for the Swan for 6 nights in April. It looks like prices have dropped a little...do I contact them directly for this lowered price?

I booked directly for the Swan for 6 nights in April. It looks like prices have dropped a little...do I contact them directly for this lowered price?

Is your original reservation a flexible rate? I usually book a new reservation and cancel the old one. But usually I find my lower rates on Priceline or somewhere else.

Is your original reservation a flexible rate? I usually book a new reservation and cancel the old one. But usually I find my lower rates on Priceline or somewhere else.

Yes, it is flexible. I can cancel and rebook. I will call them tomorrow and see.

I started researching today because our current 20 year old has been begging for the “drink around the world“ experience for her 21st. It’s going to be pricey, no matter how we plan it, but I am currently leaning toward a stay at Swan. My husband’s employer often gets discounts at Marriott properties, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed for that to occur.

if your husband stays at Marriott frequently you could see if he has points to transfer to you to book. Also, don’t forget to consider the resort + parking fees when comparing costs.

if you can see your reservation on the Marriott website you can change it yourself from there. Just click view/modify and edit room then pick the new rate.

Not sure if this is the best place for this question but - I'm headed down to WDW for the first time since 2017 and it looks like the tickets I bought automatically synced to the cards from my last trip. Safe to say that I do NOT have those cards anymore, and at this point would probably not spend the $$ on MagicBands (this is also a short 2-days-in-the-parks-trip).

Our arrival day at the Swan is almost certainly not going to be a park day for us so we won't be super rushed when we get there. Will we receive new admission cards upon check in?

I also know that you can have merch bought in the parks sent back to your hotel room at the Swan - that doesn't require MagicBands does it?

I know some of these are tangiental questions to the main thread so if I should ask elsewhere just let me know - thank you!!

I also know that you can have merch bought in the parks sent back to your hotel room at the Swan - that doesn't require MagicBands does it?
Disney is not (unless they have changed) delivering to any resorts with the pandemic mitigations ongoing. You still can pick up at front of the park before leaving. And as far as I recall, they quit delivering to any rooms quite some time ago.
Will we receive new admission cards upon check in?
You would not receive admission cards at the check in desk. You could at the Disney store located at the resort.

If in error, I will be corrected.

Disney is not (unless they have changed) delivering to any resorts. And as far as I recall, they quit delivering to any rooms quite some time ago.

You would not receive admission cards at the check in desk. You could at the Disney store located at the resort.

If in error, I will be corrected.

Thank you!! This is helpful. Didn't even realize that resort delivery was suspended because of Covid. Makes sense. Maybe it's just worth it to order MagicBands to avoid any stress when we get there. The last time I visited I was staying offsite and honestly I don't even remember how we got our admission cards...

Thank you!! This is helpful. Didn't even realize that resort delivery was suspended because of Covid. Makes sense. Maybe it's just worth it to order MagicBands to avoid any stress when we get there. The last time I visited I was staying offsite and honestly I don't even remember how we got our admission cards...

If you go to Disney springs arrival day you could always get cards there too.

Drinking around the world might not be the best idea for her first "legal" drinking experience. If she is dying to do it, make sure there's some moderation or it will get messy.

Drinking around the world might not be the best idea for her first "legal" drinking experience. If she is dying to do it, make sure there's some moderation or it will get messy.

I disagree! I would have LOVED to spend my 21st at EPCOT doing the world drinks! Let's face it, we all had a drink before we "legally" turned 21! You CAN do the drinks around the world responsibly and with moderation.

I do the 1 and 1 rule: 1 drink, then chug 1 full water no matter what!

Sounds like a great 21st birthday experience. Swan is the perfect place for it! Walking/no driving and plus you can walk to HS if you decide to do that the next day!

Enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter