Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Though I haven't stayed at the Dolphin, I do think the Swan's rooms have two queens vs two doubles at the Dolphin. But the last time was 2011 and that may have changed. Other than the size (the Swan seems less over-powering to me) I'd say go for the upgrade potential as you suggest.

(And GO CUBS GO!!)
We won't know for sure if we'll need 1 or two beds. My DD is a freshman in college and we're not sure when she'll come down to Orlando with us. We have 5 nights at the Swolphin and then another 5 nights at AKV Concierge.

Go Cubs! ... you should join us on this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/c...se-world-series-champs-defend-d-peat.3508373/

As ww52 said above, Swan is smaller, less hustle bustle. Lobby a lot less complicated. Doubles vs queens. If king, both have king. Not sure if it has changed with the Dolphin renovation, but Dolphin has one sink outside the bathroom, Swan has one inside and one outside the bathroom.

Do people think the mug thing is worth it? We are staying for a full week and given the option drink more soda that we probably should. We will obviously be there in the early mornings, in the evenings once the park closes and on most days will be going back to the hotel in the afternoon for a few hours nap time/swim time. Have people bought it before? Is it convenient to use?

My assumption is that you'd be way better off stopping at a store OR walking over to that gas station, and buying some cans and keeping them in the hotel fridge. Especially if you're staying far away from where you can refill your mug. We brought a small collapsible cooler that held like 4 cans, and a few juice boxes. We're not soda drinkers at all, but pretty hardcore sparkling water drinkers (is that a weird statement or what??) We basically brought a few cans, and a couple of juice boxes for the kids to the pool. I'm not sure where you can refill the mug, but for some reason, I think it might be Picabu only. If you're not staying near Picabu, it might turn into a hassle to be walking back and forth. Especially if you're going to be walking in the parks a lot. Those steps add up after a few days. When you are in your "downtime" you're gonna wanna CHILLAX, and not go chasing soda. Just my opinion. I'd buy cans for the room, and a small collapsible cooler - like a lunch bag type cooler. Throw a few ice cubes, and a few cans in the cooler.

My assumption is that you'd be way better off stopping at a store OR walking over to that gas station, and buying some cans and keeping them in the hotel fridge. Especially if you're staying far away from where you can refill your mug. We brought a small collapsible cooler that held like 4 cans, and a few juice boxes. We're not soda drinkers at all, but pretty hardcore sparkling water drinkers (is that a weird statement or what??) We basically brought a few cans, and a couple of juice boxes for the kids to the pool. I'm not sure where you can refill the mug, but for some reason, I think it might be Picabu only. If you're not staying near Picabu, it might turn into a hassle to be walking back and forth. Especially if you're going to be walking in the parks a lot. Those steps add up after a few days. When you are in your "downtime" you're gonna wanna CHILLAX, and not go chasing soda. Just my opinion. I'd buy cans for the room, and a small collapsible cooler - like a lunch bag type cooler. Throw a few ice cubes, and a few cans in the cooler.

Thanks for the input. That's sort of what I was thinking. On the one hand I look at it in terms of number of sodas. Even one soda a day and it would probably pay for itself and given the option we would drink more than that (we're diet coke people in the morning and vodka Sprite people in the evenings) and the sort of people who would probably grab a soda at the pool. But I keep imagining running out for soda two or three times a day, possibly to another hotel (we're staying at the Swan) and it all seems sort of like I would feel like I was running around being cheap all the time which is not really how I want to feel on a vacation that I'm already four grand deep into.

Check where you can refill. If it's ONLY at Picabu, and you're staying at Swan, AND you're touring parks, I'm pretty confident that the run downstairs, and across the walkway, and through the hallways at Dolphin to Picabu for a freekin' soda is gonna get on your nerves. Hell, I might even guess that you'd buy the mug, and then wind up buying a 12pk of diet coke and a 12pk of sprite for the room, too. I'd suggest bringing some nice plastic, insulated, water bottles from home, and buying a case or 12pk of soda and keeping it in your room, refilling your fridge from the 12pk as needed. Fill your water bottles with hotel ice, and soda, throw a few cans in the cooler, with a little bit of hotel ice, and off you go to the pool for a while.

Here are the refill locations.......

REFILLABLE SOUVENIR SOFT DRINK MUG Visit Picabu and purchase your very own refillable soft drink mug! Enjoy complimentary refills of soft drinks, iced tea and lemonade during your stay for one low price. Refills are available in Picabu, Cabana, The Fountain, Garden Grove, and Fresh

Cross reference that list with the available hours. I'd assume Picabu is the only 24hr option. If the other places will be open at times you'll be looking for soda
(Cabana is right by the Dolphin pool complex, Garden Grove is on the 1st floor of Swan and open for breakfast and dinner, Fountain and Fresh are essentially next to each other at Dolphin but keep limited hours, and Picabu is probably the one you'd go to if you were at the Dolphin pool when Cabana is closed.

Sorry being dumb as it's probably some where really obvious, but how much is the cost of the refillable mug and how many days does it last.

I'm going to be at the Dolphin for 2 weeks in January and this might work out to be a bit of saving, as I do drink a lot of diet coke lol

if i have a reservation at the swan and already booked my fast passes....if i switch to the dolphin i can only assume i am going to get a new reservation number. anyone know if i will lose my fast passes?

if i have a reservation at the swan and already booked my fast passes....if i switch to the dolphin i can only assume i am going to get a new reservation number. anyone know if i will lose my fast passes?

Nope.

I have a question regarding FP booking.... I've got a res. booked (3rd party site) but it's all input into MDE with the number of people in room, however no actual names are linked in that res. on MDE...I have the tickets in MDE (separate purchase) is this gonna be a problem at 60 days out? How do I get the names in the room res? Or do I need to do that specifically? (I long for the days when I didn;t need to ask this)

I have a question regarding FP booking.... I've got a res. booked (3rd party site) but it's all input into MDE with the number of people in room, however no actual names are linked in that res. on MDE...I have the tickets in MDE (separate purchase) is this gonna be a problem at 60 days out? How do I get the names in the room res? Or do I need to do that specifically? (I long for the days when I didn;t need to ask this)
I'd call Disney and make sure all the names show. I booked third party and was able to link each person and I haven't linked the tickets yet.

I'd call Disney and make sure all the names show. I booked third party and was able to link each person and I haven't linked the tickets yet.
Thanks...I think I'll take Robos advice to wait till after the bige hurricanes go by, then call if I have to then....and hope it all goes well

Are all members of your party listed in your friends and family list? In MDE are you able to click on, for example: "guest 1" and assign a name from your friends and family list?

In the past, it was Swan/Dolphin who had to add the kids' names in, I had to call the hotel directly and have it done. But that was when MDE was just rolled out so hopefully it's easier now. But if all else fails, call Swan/Dolphin.

Sorry being dumb as it's probably some where really obvious, but how much is the cost of the refillable mug and how many days does it last.

I'm going to be at the Dolphin for 2 weeks in January and this might work out to be a bit of saving, as I do drink a lot of diet coke lol

I don't have the current price on the mug, but I haven't experienced any sort of expiration date with it. I bring mine back on subsequent trips (or at least I did until I lost track of where I put mine). And just a reminder that at Picabu, it's a Coke Freestyle machine that does the refills, so you have quite a number of soft drink options.

Who are they?
Kristen Bell is an actress who I bet you would recognize - she was the voice of Anna in Frozen. Don't know who Josh Gad is, though. I was just coming to post that Kristen had been evacuated to the Swan/Dolphin. And she's been helping out the residents of an assisted living facility who have also been evacuated there. I love her, so think it's pretty cool she's at the Swan/Dolphin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter