Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

As usual, Mr. Murphy is spot on. The last batch of new rooms are coming back in waves on 9/7, 9/12 and the last ones on 9/17. It will be great to be at full inventory for the first time in a very long stretch! We are also adding some new "keys" so as of January 1st (if not before) our counts will be 756 Swan, 1,514 Dolphin for 2,270 total for the complex.
so exciting! I can't wait to see my favorite place updated and brand new!!!

I understood that the 28.13 was the resort fee plus taxes.

What I'm asking is if a free night with spg points includes the room taxes too, or if the points cover the room charge but not the taxes on the room charge.

We paid the fee for every night stayed (even the free night, unfortunately).

when you book a free night on points you don't pay extra taxes - but you do pay the 28.00 resort fee. I look at is as the best 28.00 hotel I'll ever stay in:rotfl2:

What's everyone's recent experience making ADRs? Have you been getting 180+10 or just 180? My window opens tomorrow and I'm making my final preparations!

Does anyone know if there's any issues getting an Uber at MCO airport? I've read some info that MCO airport was pretty strict in letting Uber in. But I'm thinking that is no longer the case.

We're going in November and arriving around 8:00pm...anyone have recent Uber experience?

Tks!

What's everyone's recent experience making ADRs? Have you been getting 180+10 or just 180? My window opens tomorrow and I'm making my final preparations!
My 180 was Friday, I could not book day 2 for Mickey's BBQ but today I could. And different days were bookable depending on app vs website. (Using an iPad, laptop may be different). YMMV. Good luck.

ETA. I just checked. I am staying 3/1-3/4. 3/3-3/4 is not bookable yet for me.

I went in June, so my 180 mark was in January. I was able to do 180+ 10. Good luck!

Thanks - fingers crossed I get what I have planned. I'm most worried about getting a BOG PPO on our first full park day.

My 180 was Friday, I could not book day 2 for Mickey's BBQ but today I could. And different days were bookable depending on app vs website. (Using an iPad, laptop may be different). YMMV. Good luck.

It'll be interesting to see what happens. I've got each of my laptop, iPad and iPhone set up and plan to use them all at the same time. Good thing I'm an early riser anyway, so I'm usually up at 5:30 a.m.! :)

Thanks - fingers crossed I get what I have planned. I'm most worried about getting a BOG PPO on our first full park day.

It'll be interesting to see what happens. I've got each of my laptop, iPad and iPhone set up and plan to use them all at the same time. Good thing I'm an early riser anyway, so I'm usually up at 5:30 a.m.! :)
Lucky for me, we only wanted 2 ADRs. The first was Ohana, which is the day of our Poly stay (1 day there before Dolphin) The second Mickey's BBQ is not so popular that I had to get up at crack of dawn, because booking time is 5:00 am here (glad I'm not on west coast)

Sorry I sound dense; maybe I'm not asking the question correctly - though I think the answer is implicit in the responses I'm getting.

Forget the resort fee - I realize that is not part of what you get for your spg points. There is a room rate of (whatever) - let's say $159 per night.

There are also taxes associated with any room rate. I don't know the rate offhand, but I think it's around 13% or maybe higher.

When I get a free night with spg points, do I still pay the 13% or whatever room rate tax? Or does "free night" include the room rate taxes along with the room rate?

Like I said, the answers seem to imply all I pay is $28 and change for the resort fee - which implies the free night includes the room rate and the tax on the room rate.

I just want to be sure - because I don't actually have spg points; I can convert my AmEx points to spg - but I have other options for those AmEx points too - so I want to see what is the best use of them.

When I get a free night with spg points, do I still pay the 13% or whatever room rate tax? Or does "free night" include the room rate taxes along with the room rate?
No tax due on the room. Only tax on the resort fee.

I just want to be sure - because I don't actually have spg points; I can convert my AmEx points to spg - but I have other options for those AmEx points too - so I want to see what is the best use of them.

Sign up for an SPG Amex and get SPG points.(They are also useful for other things, like airline.) then you can save your Amex points.
And what Dan said, you pay resort fee and taxes on it. No room fee, no room taxes. True at all SPG hotels I have looked at.

It is Amazon's own delivery - they will call your cell phone. I did not pay a fee to the S/D.
Wait I think I missed this point before.... if we do an amazon prime order,and call/choose a delivery time when we will be there, we just meet them at the lobby,no extra fees,since the hotel isn't the one accepting the package?

Wait I think I missed this point before.... if we do an amazon prime order,and call/choose a delivery time when we will be there, we just meet them at the lobby,no extra fees,since the hotel isn't the one accepting the package?
Yes. We ordered from Amazon Prime One. Picked our window. Amazon texts when on the way. No additional charge. Worked great. And cold items, milk, yogurt, etc., were in a separate bag with a few cold packs, wrapped in an insulated aluminum bubble wrap.

I also was told that if you happened to miss Amazon, that the packages would be dropped with bell services, as the items are not being delivered to the hotel receiving area, but rather the lobby. A bell tip would be appropriate.

And you can adjust the Amazon delivery tip, up or down, after the delivery, on your phone.

I have a couple of quick questions i was hoping someone on here may know the answer to. If I book Swan or Dolphin I can enter it into MDE yes? If that is so do i need to enter my 10yr old daughter as an adult on the room reservation as 10 is considered adult by Disney or do i follow the room reservation criteria and have her as a child? Just asking as i have read posts from others on here that had trouble adding people based on stuff like that.
Thanks.

You are going to put in her birthday in MDE. It will judge her as an adult. S/D doesn't really care what MDE shows her as, they are only giving you a confirmation number for convenience in order to properly use MDE. She is still a child at S/D. For Disney dining, etc. she is an adult.

Last edited:
I just read that the free breakfast vouchers that Platinums get can be used at either the Garden Grove *or* Fresh. That's great news! I still need to make a choice of resorts (I have both booked for NYE). I'm leaning toward the Dolphin right now because it's bigger and I might have a better chance at an upgrade.

Any reason why I should choose the Swan?

Any reason why I should choose the Swan?

Though I haven't stayed at the Dolphin, I do think the Swan's rooms have two queens vs two doubles at the Dolphin. But the last time was 2011 and that may have changed. Other than the size (the Swan seems less over-powering to me) I'd say go for the upgrade potential as you suggest.

(And GO CUBS GO!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter