Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Curious if anyone has heard anything about the annual Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic event for 2024? I feel like dates are usually announced much earlier in the year ... it says it will return but dates are TBD. Are there construction issues they have to work around? We've enjoyed this event, particularly as Disney eliminated their festival events, such as Party for the Senses (TBD if those return in '24 as well).

Curious if anyone has heard anything about the annual Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic event for 2024? I feel like dates are usually announced much earlier in the year ... it says it will return but dates are TBD. Are there construction issues they have to work around? We've enjoyed this event, particularly as Disney eliminated their festival events, such as Party for the Senses (TBD if those return in '24 as well).
No dates that I can find. I would expect roughly the same dates as in the past. I'm sure we will be getting an email about it soon though.

November 15th and 16th according to disney food blog

Are the mini fridges at the Swan Reserve actual fridges or the "beverage coolers" found at the other Disney properties?

No dates that I can find. I would expect roughly the same dates as in the past. I'm sure we will be getting an email about it soon though.

November 15th and 16th according to disney food blog
Email came today. Here is info.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/wa...24-with-extended-hours-and-bundle-savings.htm

https://swandolphinfoodandwineclassic.com/

Apologies as I'm sure this has been asked before - but will the Dolphin reception accept and keep grocery deliveries before you arrive, as you'd get in Disney hotels? We probably won't arrive until about 9.30pm so was hoping to have stuff waiting for us ready to make up breakfast and packed lunches.

If it's not possible, are there any resort shops nearby that would sell milk (inc oat milk)/fruit/bread etc?

@frecklamy its a bit hard to find but here is what you need to know, Delivery of Packages For Our Guests
"Please note the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin accepts packages for our guests, however we are unable to accommodate any deliveries that require refrigeration of any kind."

And a bit more from the Shipping & Receiving PDF.
GROCERY DELIVERIES (Amazon, Instacart, Shipt, etc.):
Guests are encouraged to schedule grocery deliveries when they will be available to receive items from the delivery driver. When guests are not present to receive deliveries from the delivery driver, grocery items will be held at Bell Services until picked up or delivery is requested by the guest. Refrigeration is not provided. The resort is not responsible for damaged or unusable perishable items.

You should be able to find milk onsite or over at the Screen Door at Boardwalk along with a few other basics.

Apologies as I'm sure this has been asked before - but will the Dolphin reception accept and keep grocery deliveries before you arrive, as you'd get in Disney hotels? We probably won't arrive until about 9.30pm so was hoping to have stuff waiting for us ready to make up breakfast and packed lunches.

If it's not possible, are there any resort shops nearby that would sell milk (inc oat milk)/fruit/bread etc?

For fruit and bread: the gift shop on the BoardWalk and the gift shop in the Beach Club have groceries because those hotels have DVC (timeshare) sections. The Yacht Club quick service place also has some grab-and-go stuff.

Last fall I saw some non-dairy milk in the Swan and Dolphin grab-and-go places. Fuel is in the Dolphin and Java is in the Swan. They had:
Silk brand soy milk: chocolate; Very Vanilla
Silk brand almond milk: dark chocolate; vanilla

DVC members can order groceries directly from the hotel gift shop, so I look at the gift shop order forms to get an idea of what is sold in those gift shops.
The BoardWalk and Beach Club order forms both show:
Milk - Soy (Pearl)
Milk - Almond (Silk)

I don't see any sign of Oat Milk at any of those places. But maybe someone else has specifically looked and can report back for you.

Having not been there for several years now, does Picabu still carry a limited selection of groceries?
When we were there in December, there weren't really any groceries at Picabu. I think there was a cooler full of beverages and maybe some cold cereals out, but definitely more like the quick service restaurants than the groceries at Fuel or Java. That would be something I'd love to see them bring back!

When we were there in December, there weren't really any groceries at Picabu. I think there was a cooler full of beverages and maybe some cold cereals out, but definitely more like the quick service restaurants than the groceries at Fuel or Java. That would be something I'd love to see them bring back!
Thanks for the feedback, Karalee. Too bad, they used to have a nice selection of necessities.

We were just at the Reserve again last week. I don't recall the lobby having a scent 2 years ago, but WOW was it great. Seemed different than the swan or Dolphin. Anyone know the scent? I got a Bergamot Waters candle (saw it mentioned somewhere) from bath & body works but that's not it.

We were just at the Reserve again last week. I don't recall the lobby having a scent 2 years ago, but WOW was it great. Seemed different than the swan or Dolphin. Anyone know the scent? I got a Bergamot Waters candle (saw it mentioned somewhere) from bath & body works but that's not it.
I don't know but it is one of the best smells. I love the SR so much. I'll be at the Swan in 3 weeks and I'm jazzed but I will miss staying at the SR. The AP rate was just too good to pass up for a balcony room at the Swan! So I can ask if you would like me to!

For those with Amex credit cards a new Amex Offer came out for Marriott. Showing up on business and personal cards, offers are incredibly varied and range from 20%-40% off, not everyone has an offer.

Swolphin brands are Sheraton, Westin and Autograph so all should qualify.
Thanks for the heads up, I checked mine and I don’t have a percentage offer but get a statement credit for spending $250 or more offer. Maybe I’m too new to Amex (I just got this card in Feb).

Hilariously though I also have an offer for Rosa Mexicano (probably because it’s local). They sure want me to book another Dolphin trip!

That's pretty pompous on Pop's accord.
When I was Disney at March I was told POPs bell service is done by a third party and have different rules than other hotels.

This came up because we had a split stay and Coronado Springs said they could not leave luggage in our room if we were not present. I asked why because POP had done it a few days earlier. There response was that POP bell service was run by a third party. Could be a similar reason for the swan and dolphin issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter