Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

True, the club lounge at the Dolphin and Swan were one of the better ones in the US and had a great staff, so did most lounges, it was not about doing the bare minimum for the most part. Even the four points Orlando over by Universal had a really good staff - I think it was a Sheraton back then.
I also always got upgraded to a suite at the Swan and Dolphin, now I am lucky to get an obstructed view and the prices without without points are way up.
I also knew several of the staff and managers and they knew me by name which helped.

To be fair, in the end its all the hotel chains, There are almost no executive lounges in the US for Hilton, but at least they give you the F&B credit that you know in advance.

In contrast I've stayed at several hotels in Europe that did not have lounges and they gave me unlimited minibar as well as a top quality full breakfast. You just did not get Vodka or Champagne, so beer wine soda and snacks. They also refilled it every day without fail.

The Marriott CC is also pretty bad (the higher level ones), so that is next on my list to downgrade. Again its almost at a break even, especially if you already have status anyway. The Basic Marriott cards are decent.

Not quite the same and for the most part I wont use the coffee maker in the room, Ill just say I have seen enough things to put me off it.

Hilton gives you two 16oz Starbucks in many locations as part of that fee, and even the Seaworld Marriott gives you two beers, but for you entire stay :( not daily, They also give you a full sit down breakfast for status that is actually very good.

I'm going to stay at the Swan Reserve on my next stay to use one one of my certs and I hear they at least give you a good breakfast, so we will see.
You do know it’s just a continental breakfast right? I adore getting my coffee delivered in the morning with some fruit and a croissant that might be edible so don’t care about the food stuff lol. Even the restaurant you have the option to make a res at you are only to be given a continental breakfast. Like I said I adore it (mainly because delivery coffee at 6am vs standing in line at Swan or waiting for the restaurant to open) but you seem to have higher standards.

JW Marriott Orlando’s breakfast blew this stuff out of the water. Heck, they aren’t even swimming in the same lake.

ETA- went double checking on the blogosphere and I recall correct, Amare is supposed to give you similar choice as the delivery option - 1 drink, 1 pastry, 1 fruit/yogurt/oatmeal per card…

You do know it’s just a continental breakfast right? I adore getting my coffee delivered in the morning with some fruit and a croissant that might be edible so don’t care about the food stuff lol. Even the restaurant you have the option to make a res at you are only to be given a continental breakfast. Like I said I adore it (mainly because delivery coffee at 6am vs standing in line at Swan or waiting for the restaurant to open) but you seem to have higher standards.

JW Marriott Orlando’s breakfast blew this stuff out of the water. Heck, they aren’t even swimming in the same lake.

ETA- went double checking on the blogosphere and I recall correct, Amare is supposed to give you similar choice as the delivery option - 1 drink, 1 pastry, 1 fruit/yogurt/oatmeal per card…
Hmm - thanks - they are an Autograph and it looks like they are pulling the same thing :(
Do the bare minimum.

I was assuming you could pay a few buck more and get the full breakfast as many places do - and for titanium they often write that off.

How is the walk from the reserve to Epcot or Boardwalk?

BTW - not all Marriott's are so bad. I recently stayed in the Marriott Cambridge when I had to go to Boston for a night and was really happy with the M-Club.

You get breakfast in the morning - order off the menu whatever you want - sides etc... - and it was actually very good.

At night you get a credit for an appetizer and dessert per person and again it was really surprisingly good - not the pre-made frozen stuff they used to give you. They also had snacks and soft drinks all day.

It was refreshing to see a place that actually took care of Elite's.

Side Note - in Boston - the Marriott Longwarf will try to give you nothing if at all possible and closes the lounge as often as they can. They are known for being one of the worst in the chain as far as status goes. Perfect location though :(

Last edited:
Hmm - thanks - they are an Autograph and it looks like they are pulling the same thing :(
Do the bare minimum.

How is the walk from the reserve to Epcot or Boardwalk?
It's fine. We're going back again in a few months. Am very excited to be able to stay here again.

I agree... they really need to go back to Disney Transportation for the buses, or at least a bus stop at the MK drop off and not at TT.

Has anyone used their Chase Rewards points for the Swan or Dolphin? I'm seeing August dates via the Chase portal for the Dolphin at $188 a night and am intrigued. I've never stayed at either of these properties and I understand getting the reservation to sync with MDE is a different process. If anyone has booked via Chase portal have you had issues with your reservation linking or placing dining reservations before your trip?

Has anyone used their Chase Rewards points for the Swan or Dolphin? I'm seeing August dates via the Chase portal for the Dolphin at $188 a night and am intrigued. I've never stayed at either of these properties and I understand getting the reservation to sync with MDE is a different process. If anyone has booked via Chase portal have you had issues with your reservation linking or placing dining reservations before your trip?

I haven't as generally the rates are no better than what Marriott offers - August is the new value season. Only reason to do it, is if you have nothing else to apply those rewards to.

Should work just like any 3rd party booking site... at worst they give you their confirmation number and you end up making a call for the real confirmation number. Few days later you plug that into MDE App and your good to go. But keep that number incase in gets kicked out. Use to be an issue, but haven't had it happen in a while.

I agree... they really need to go back to Disney Transportation for the buses, or at least a bus stop at the MK drop off and not at TT.
Stayed at SR over Christmas week last month. After one try getting to MK on their bus system, we vowed NEVER to do that again. Wasted almost 2 hours (no joking) from leaving SR to getting to turnstile in MK and will always walk to BWI or YC bus stop or take a minnie van in the future. It is a joke! Saw 3 AK buses come while waiting.

I haven't as generally the rates are no better than what Marriott offers - August is the new value season. Only reason to do it, is if you have nothing else to apply those rewards to.
More premium Chase cards can redeem points for travel through the portal at 1.25-1.5x cash value so it can be good deal for those who don’t care about getting Bonvoy benefits or elite night credits and aren’t going to spend the points on other stuff on the portal.

More premium Chase cards can redeem points for travel through the portal at 1.25-1.5x cash value so it can be good deal for those who don’t care about getting Bonvoy benefits or elite night credits and aren’t going to spend the points on other stuff on the portal.

Thanks to you both for your insight - I'm not ready to book the trip but right now the Marriott app is showing $320 a night vs $188 via Chase. I would much rather book directly thru Mariott if the price were the same or very comparable. As of now, its not.

Thanks to you both for your insight - I'm not ready to book the trip but right now the Marriott app is showing $320 a night vs $188 via Chase. I would much rather book directly thru Mariott if the price were the same or very comparable. As of now, it’s not.
Make sure it is refundable and buy it right now. Sounds like a fluke and if they fix it you’ll be bummed you missed it. You have nothing to lose booking it now if it’s refundable.

You do get Starbucks in the room, basically unlimited.
When I was at the Dolphin last October, the in-room coffee was not Starbucks. I don't remember the brand, but I liked it. Have never been able to drink the Starbucks stuff they supplied.
Has anyone who has stayed recently confirm if it is still the new brand or did they go back to the Starbucks?

When I was at the Dolphin last October, the in-room coffee was not Starbucks. I don't remember the brand, but I liked it. Have never been able to drink the Starbucks stuff they supplied.
Has anyone who has stayed recently confirm if it is still the new brand or did they go back to the Starbucks?
Thanks for that update.

Thanks to you both for your insight - I'm not ready to book the trip but right now the Marriott app is showing $320 a night vs $188 via Chase. I would much rather book directly thru Mariott if the price were the same or very comparable. As of now, its not.
The Martiott price is probably inclusive of resort fee and tax. Credit card portals frequently quote prepaid rates.

The Martiott price is probably inclusive of resort fee and tax. Credit card portals frequently quote prepaid rates.

The Marriott fee includes the $45 resort fee but not taxes. Either way the Chase rates seems much better!

I've tried the Chase portal recently (through my Sapphire Reserve) and S&D doesn't show for my dates in August unfortunately.

The Marriott fee includes the $45 resort fee but not taxes. Either way the Chase rates seems much better!
The app has an option to show rates inclusive of taxes and resort fees.
The Chase rate is better, if it's the same room type and isn't prepaid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter