• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are lots of reasons not to.

Perhaps they wont want to run the buses for example. Likewise the monorail.

Perhaps they will have no where near enough bookings for it to be financially viable to open all the resorts.
They will absolutely run buses and monorail, maybe just have to wer masks for a while when on bus, as for occupancy you have to start somewhere plus Disney are the best a flex scheduling staff.

They will absolutely run buses and monorail, maybe just have to wer masks for a while when on bus, as for occupancy you have to start somewhere plus Disney are the best a flex scheduling staff.
But the masks don't prevent the spread, or at least don't protect the healthy from the virus.

If everything goes back to “normal” too soon after peak, there will just be another huge surge. Thousands and thousands seriously ill. Many more deaths.

The economy is people. People are the economy. You need people to sustain the economy. If things go back to normal too early, it will be absolutely devastating to recover from. The economy will not be thriving.

How do you know that?

If everything goes back to “normal” too soon after peak, there will just be another huge surge. Thousands and thousands seriously ill. Many more deaths.

The economy is people. People are the economy. You need people to sustain the economy. If things go back to normal too early, it will be absolutely devastating to recover from. The economy will not be thriving.
The surge is not a known fact, the same people saying this were also saying millions of people were going to die from it just over a week ago. We need to progress carefully but not out of fear.

The surge is not a known fact, the same people saying this were also saying millions of people were going to die from it just over a week ago. We need to progress carefully but not out of fear.
So..... does anyone really have a guess to a reopening date? Educated or just out of hope...but a guess.

So..... does anyone really have a guess to a reopening date? Educated or just out of hope...but a guess.
I can make a guess. If sporting events with no fans start in July, and there's no vaccine until next year, and the cases die down over the next few months, then I'll say October 31. At some point the economic pressure will become so great that they'll have to reopen.

I can make a guess. If sporting events with no fans start in July, and there's no vaccine until next year, and the cases die down over the next few months, then I'll say October 31. At some point the economic pressure will become so great that they'll have to reopen.
I appreciate the guess, but I disagree with that timeframe... they cannot sustain that long.

So then what are you suggesting?

Everyone stay inside and hide because we might get infected a month or two later? You might as well build a bunker and stay out of site for the rest of 2020 in that case.

The curve has been “flattened”, we don’t need to continue doing the same to the economy due to fear.

I've posted extensively about what I'm suggesting.
The curve UN-flattens if you go back to normal... you get a new spike.

I didn't say you stay in a bunker.

There is a middle ground between "stay locked in your home" and "back to normal"

That middle ground really might make it impossible for places like Disney World to operate, at least operate in the way we have enjoyed for years.

But when I say, "avoid mass gatherings, wear masks, check temperatures" -- how is that staying in a bunker?

My only point was that model , said 1.2 million people would die with the current social distancing methods and now it says only 60,000 with the same social distancing measure.

They can open all resorts at the same time no reason not to, only issue will be getting staffing rolled into place.

They never said 1.2 million would die with current social distancing methods. That's a complete and total misunderstanding of the whole parameters.

They are only projecting based on what they currently see. As they see more, those projections change. When social distancing first started, they weren't yet impacting the data set. So those 1.2 million deaths were based on the numbers that were coming from pre-social distancing.

Their model does take that into effect to The end of may as others have shown, and the model covers the first wave. What they cannot predict is when a reintroduction and second outbreak occurs.

Bingo..... They make no attempt to predict that. If there is 1 new infection in August... they are making no efforts to understand what that does to the graph.
In fact, there is no effort to calculate any new cases that WILL arise after the end of social distancing.

Bingo..... They make no attempt to predict that. If there is 1 new infection in August... they are making no efforts to understand what that does to the graph.
In fact, there is no effort to calculate any new cases that WILL arise after the end of social distancing.

which at this point no one can really predict what may or may not happen after or how long or if it would even get as bad. What we are experience now is a build up of somewhere between 1-3 months of the virus just floating around .

I've posted extensively about what I'm suggesting.
The curve UN-flattens if you go back to normal... you get a new spike.

I didn't say you stay in a bunker.

There is a middle ground between "stay locked in your home" and "back to normal"

That middle ground really might make it impossible for places like Disney World to operate, at least operate in the way we have enjoyed for years.

But when I say, "avoid mass gatherings, wear masks, check temperatures" -- how is that staying in a bunker?

Sure, the middle ground is those at risk stay in. Continue holding off on international flights, allow those on Disney property to attend the parks and limit the amount of “walk ups” or non AP/Disney property guests. Plenty of logical measures can be taken, but almost never will it be enough for some, people which is fine. So be it.

Even a company like Disney cannot survive a 3-6 month shutdown. You are being naive if you think so, not to mention the hundreds of thousands of workers who lose everything.

The whole objective of this was to “flatten the curve”. Well, outside of a few cities we’ve flattened it so much that nurses and medical workers are being furloughed throughout the country.

So now what? Move the goalposts again and say people can’t have their freedoms back until there are no reports of the virus? Anywhere?? That is absolutely unrealistic and an illogical demand. There will ALWAYS be risks in life, you cannot let it control you.

When the numbers drop we get back to it. Wash your hands, be smart, take precautions and if you are someone that is at risk stay home as long as your heart desires. Isolate as needed.

The rest of us are ready to live life.

I think the most likely is mid-August, early September range
Worst-case scenario...models predict a resurgence of the virus in fall/winter and we could be looking at Spring '21

Florida was one of the last states to implement mitigation measures and has the oldest population in the country, yet it hasn’t become a hot spot nor is it projected to be. So it doesn’t always play out that way.

That's partially, if not fully, because our governor was satisfied, at that time, with a county by county assessment and execution of a lock down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter