walking path between ft wilderness and wilderness lodge?

sbtw13

Earning My Ears
I thought there was a path between the two, but I can't find it on the map. Starting at ft wilderness where is it?

I thought there was a path between the two, but I can't find it on the map. Starting at ft wilderness where is it?

Here is one of Robo's great maps of a walking/biking/jogging path from FWCG to WL. I use the paved road that you can see next to and above the highlighted line since I use my scooter. The path is not lighted at night, but a wonderful day stroll.

731435454_wSnwm-O.jpg

If you look at the bottom of this Robo photo, you can see the road or the trail beside each other located at the bottom of the photo where you see, "Tri-Circle-D Ranch" and "Pony Rides". A long time ago, I thought there was a rough nature trail near the lake.

361750852_eLqDh-O.jpg

Warning - it's VERY long! Plus FW is HUGE - once you get there you still have a great deal of walking throughout the resort. There's a reason everyone has golf carts there! We made the mistake of trying to walk to the FW campfire from WL with our kids, NEVER AGAIN!! We ended up hitching a ride in some nice people's golf carts once we finally saw the civilization of FW, and it was STILL a long cart ride to the campfire!

Now if you are just looking for a nice woodsy walk, or a running path, it's great. We saw some deer and rabbits. But if you're thinking of walking just to get there for an activity or reservation, the boat or bus will be much faster and easier.

We walked the path the first time, then got smart and rented bikes on our second visit. It is perhaps how the land looked before development. And we saw lots of wild birds and animals, not the animatronic and people wearing costume type. We have been to most all of the resorts, and there is something special about the community at FW that we love.

It really is a great walk, I've seen quite a few deer. Once you get to FW, you can go over to the stables etc.
I have not walked around FW, but I've gone to the stable and then walked back to WL.
I walk for the exercise, not to get anywhere specific.

You can walk the path one direction and take the bus or boat back. The best way are bikes. No golf carts are allowed on the paved bath between FW and the Lodge.

Does anyone know approximately how far the path from the WL to FW is? I know my DH ran it this past summer but didn't know how far it was. Thanks!

Not sure of the distances. There are 2 paths, the paved one and the unpaved Nature Path that hugs the shoreline. We went over to FW for the Segway Tour. We took the boat there, being unsure of distance or location, then we walked back to WL along the shoreline path, very pretty and not long. I think it took us all of 20 min, at a leisurely stroll. We saw some deer. I really wanted to see Armadillo.

Does anyone know approximately how far the path from the WL to FW is? I know my DH ran it this past summer but didn't know how far it was. Thanks!

I don't know the exact mileage but we took the paved route and it took us around 15 minutes. We had two babies in a double stroller and we just took our time.

Not sure of the distances. There are 2 paths, the paved one and the unpaved Nature Path that hugs the shoreline. We went over to FW for the Segway Tour. We took the boat there, being unsure of distance or location, then we walked back to WL along the shoreline path, very pretty and not long. I think it took us all of 20 min, at a leisurely stroll. We saw some deer. I really wanted to see Armadillo.

We did the shoreline path last May and had two trucks of CM come by to ask if we were ok and needed anything. I'm not sure we were supposed to be on that road as each time after talking to us the person in the truck radioed someone and talked to them. Also noticed after we were off this path and on the main paved path, another truck drove by, slowed down and waved like he was making sure we got where we were going. It is a pretty area and quiet place to walk.

We usually stay @ VWL (home resort) and our family rents bikes, we take the path to the FW ranch where we park the bikes and do the pony rides, my DS loves it!!! It's a 10 min ride (one way).... besides deer, we saw an armadillo as well....cool stuff! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter