Walking in Walt's Footsteps

mikifan

Mouseketeer
We are going to DL in May. This will be my second trip, the last was about 5 years ago. I have heard about the Walking in Walt's Footsteps tour and it does sound fun. If anyone has taken this tour, let me know what you think. We will be in DL for 3 1/2 days and don't know if I want to invest the time while there.Thanks!
Jeff

Don't Just Have A Good Day.. Have A Disney Day!ºoº

flowerface.GIF
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#00009c>Hi Mikifan & welcome to the Disneyland board.

My kids & I took the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour last year. I enjoyed it, but then I like details. I knew some of the behind the scenes info already, and I also learned some. My ds (12) was interested & my dd (11) was bored. The tour lasts anywhere from 2 to 2.5 hours. We didn't go on any rides, but we did walk most of the park.

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#FF0066>Mary Jo
mms.gif

Disneyland & Techie Boards Co-Moderator
galw.gif

My DL Site
My Sequoia/Yosemite Trip

Font Hints

Hi Jeff and <font color=blue size=4>WELCOME TO THE DIS</font>

A write-up about this was in our local paper recently, so my mom and I are thinking about doing it too in May. :)

It sounds very, very interesting...I am only worried about seeing 'too much' (I don't want the ~*~magic~*~ exposed, if you know what I mean. ;) )

<font color=violet>Tia</font>

<font color=red size=4>HAVE A DISNEY DAY</font>

<font color=navy size=3>M-I-C...see you at The DIS Convention, K-E-Y...why? Because we LOVE Disney, M-O-U-S-Eeee...</font>

My daughter and I took the tour last May. I think it is especially good if you are big Disney fans. We knew most of the stuff, but we did get a few new interesting facts.

I was disappointed in this tour and really wanted to like it, because just like you, I love all the details and extra info about the parks. I think a lot of it had to do with circumstances outside of the tour. For instance it was an unusually warm and very crowded Sept day, so the crowds were hard to navigate for a tour. Second, our tour was longer than we expected. We were told around two hours, but it lasted much longer than that so we eventally left early. Last, our guide was kind of annoying. I posted a review of the tour on the trip reports page and I think it's still there (just look for my name).

...and liked the tour. However, we were warned up front by the guide that it is actually 3 to 3 1/2 hours long, not two. It was the full 3 and 1/2 hours on our day.

It depends on how much time you're willing to devote.

<font size=4 face="Comic Sans MS" color = blue>D°o°die</font>
<font size=1 color = blue>March 2001 - Our first trip to Disneyland!! (Grand Californian)
March 2001 - WDW Surprise!! (Disney Institute & Dixie Landings)
March 2000 - WDW (All Star Music)
May 1998 - WDW (Dixie Landings)
March 1997 - WDW (Dixie Landings)
May 1996 - WDW (Dixie Landings)
March 1995 - WDW (Dixie Landings)
March 1994 - WDW (Honeymoon! Dixie Landings)</

luvdsny, they don't really take you any where special, so no "magic" is ruined. They just tell you the storys behind the attractions and objects around the park. I enjoyed the tour, we had a very small group, so it was like your own castmember for 3 hours. That was nice! We rode the Mark Twain, up in the top where they drive it. So that was cool and we all got a very cool pic of Walt and Mickey at the end. This was in '98, so I'm not sure if they still give those out. You will enjoy it!
Andrew

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest