Walking A Reservation

In order to walk a reservation you have to book that first night....if you can’t even book that first night, walking isn’t an option. So In order for me to book a week at Bwv in a standard studio,I should’ve started walking back in September or August?

In order to walk a reservation you have to book that first night....if you can’t even book that first night, walking isn’t an option. So In order for me to book a week at Bwv in a standard studio,I should’ve started walking back in September or August?

By the looks of things you at least have a shot at booking it each morning (only today is missing, but tomorrow is available so, assuming nothing changes, at least one studio is available to start a walk tomorrow). Starting earlier just gives you more chances of catching one of whatever is available. Compare this to something like AKV Club which right now is already booked 5 nights into the 11 months which means there isn't even a chance to try to get something started. Over the past 6 or so weeks there has only been one day where there was even a shot to get started.

By the looks of things you at least have a shot at booking it each morning (only today is missing, but tomorrow is available so, assuming nothing changes, at least one studio is available to start a walk tomorrow). Starting earlier just gives you more chances of catching one of whatever is available. Compare this to something like AKV Club which right now is already booked 5 nights into the 11 months which means there isn't even a chance to try to get something started. Over the past 6 or so weeks there has only been one day where there was even a shot to get started.

Wow. Yes that one day was available this morning too until 8:00am. I’ll keep trying. I will book the day I missed if someone releases it tomorrow. Yes BLT standard has the next 2 days missing already. I generally book standard room at Bwv or BLT. I normally don’t have this type of issue unless it’s during October.

So as someone walks, is it possible to coordinate a drop? Or will those rooms go straight to the waitlist (if there is one)?

Guess it depends if a waitlist is for the entire reservation or a daily reservation.

I’m still trying to figure out a pattern. Btw, I saw the one day (yesterday) pop up and disappear 3 times before I could grab it. I hate to have to do this every single time. Tomorrow I may just try to modify my reservation so I don’t end up with 7 single reservations

Guess it depends if a waitlist is for the entire reservation or a daily reservation.

I’m still trying to figure out a pattern. Btw, I saw the one day (yesterday) pop up and disappear 3 times before I could grab it. I hate to have to do this every single time. Tomorrow I may just try to modify my reservation so I don’t end up with 7 single reservations

After you have them you can call to have them combined together into a single reservation.

Disney could greatly curtail walking if the really want to. All they would have to do would be require any modification to a reservation to be a cancel and a new reservation or institute a fee for each modification made and then limit how many times a reservation could be modified before you would have to cancel and rebook. This I believe will only happen if walking begins to have an impact on Disney such as when “renting” family members got a lot of exposure and then Disney acted to curtail that practice.

Disney could greatly curtail walking if the really want to. All they would have to do would be require any modification to a reservation to be a cancel and a new reservation or institute a fee for each modification made and then limit how many times a reservation could be modified before you would have to cancel and rebook. This I believe will only happen if walking begins to have an impact on Disney such as when “renting” family members got a lot of exposure and then Disney acted to curtail that practice.

While walking could be a problem, esp since I’ve been shut out 3 mornings now as I try to book my October 2019 trip, but what you suggest is punishing all. Not everyone who modifies is walking. I have modified my reservations many times. I add a day or two or drop a day here and there. But all that is while waiting for airfare. Once I lock in my airfare I’m good. It’s not easy booking 11 months out often before airlines release their schedule. My trip last week we had hope to fly in on a Friday night....that didn’t work out and we flew in on Wednesday. Thursday and Friday airfare was double the rate of Wednesday. Then we came home a day early. So let’s not punish other folks who fly in and have to tweak our reservations to fit our airfare prices/budgets and schedules. I’m sure dvc can see the walking activity on the history page of member accounts to identify that pattern

I honestly believe Disney already did all that they are going to do concerning walking. They freed up the CM's from having to take calls daily from people needing to move their walk by allowing people to do it online themselves. What you will see now is that a lot more people will begin walking as soon as their UY points will allow.

We are going to Disney July 24-31st. We rent DVC Points from a acquaintance. (he gives us a really good deal). He has over 400 points and I know more about what he owns than he does. We like to stay at the Boardwalk and would be fine with a studio or 1 bedroom. Booking date would be December 24th. (Christmas Eve). So, is it possible he just books for 9 days a few days in advance and then just cancel the 2 days in the beginning, so he doesn't have to try and book this on a holiday?

We are going to Disney July 24-31st. We rent DVC Points from a acquaintance. (he gives us a really good deal). He has over 400 points and I know more about what he owns than he does. We like to stay at the Boardwalk and would be fine with a studio or 1 bedroom. Booking date would be December 24th. (Christmas Eve). So, is it possible he just books for 9 days a few days in advance and then just cancel the 2 days in the beginning, so he doesn't have to try and book this on a holiday?
Yes. If he has current points enough to do that. He wouldn't want to borrow and then cancel and have borrowed points.

He'll be limited to 7 days if booking right at 7 months and anything more has to be added but he'd probably be fine to wait to modify and add the final days until later in the day or even a couple of days later as he could have the first few days reserved for you.

He'll be limited to 7 days if booking right at 7 months and anything more has to be added but he'd probably be fine to wait to modify and add the final days until later in the day or even a couple of days later as he could have the first few days reserved for you.
Shoot...forgot that. Oops. Yeah, have him book 7 days but a couple days early and then modify after Xmas to drop and add the days needed.

Shoot...forgot that. Oops. Yeah, have him book 7 days but a couple days early and then modify after Xmas to drop and add the days needed.

Ok. Thanks. Didn't realize you could only book 7 days at a time. Good to know.

Ok. Thanks. Didn't realize you could only book 7 days at a time. Good to know.
You can only book the first 7 days at one time. After that, you can add more days as they become available. IOW, if you booked Oct. 27 - Nov. 3 today, you could extend that stay to 11/4 tomorrow (8 nights) or even wait a couple days and extend it to 11/7. In fact, you could keep adding nights up to a maximum stay of 30 nights if you want to.

You can only book the first 7 days at one time. After that, you can add more days as they become available. IOW, if you booked Oct. 27 - Nov. 3 today, you could extend that stay to 11/4 tomorrow (8 nights) or even wait a couple days and extend it to 11/7. In fact, you could keep adding nights up to a maximum stay of 30 nights if you want to.

Got it. Thanks.

I have been an AKV owner for about 10 years and have been affected by walking several times - mostly when trying to book concierge. In most cases, the first date or two has not been available at 8:00 a.m. at the 11 month mark. I usually grab the days I can and waitlist the days I can't get. I have been lucky every time but once, with the waitlist coming through (sometimes months later), but coming through nonetheless. Honestly, I didn't really know about walking! Now that I do, I may try it for December 2019 because we're planning to visit the week before Christmas. I don't have the stamina to start now, but I may give it a go a week or two in advance. Sure is a pain, though... and I wish I didn't have to!

I have been an AKV owner for about 10 years and have been affected by walking several times - mostly when trying to book concierge. In most cases, the first date or two has not been available at 8:00 a.m. at the 11 month mark. I usually grab the days I can and waitlist the days I can't get. I have been lucky every time but once, with the waitlist coming through (sometimes months later), but coming through nonetheless. Honestly, I didn't really know about walking! Now that I do, I may try it for December 2019 because we're planning to visit the week before Christmas. I don't have the stamina to start now, but I may give it a go a week or two in advance. Sure is a pain, though... and I wish I didn't have to!

For club level in December, if you're wanting to walk, a week or two won't likely cut it. People have been walking those rooms for months already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter