Walk ups to resort restaurants

Ides315

OKW member since 2010
We are staying at OKW on July 9th. We want to eat at Oliva’s for dinner which is rarely full. I have been trying to make a reservation but hold times are so far 1 hour+. Are you allowed to just walk up to a resort restaurant without a reservation under the current reopening plans?

Since Olivia's is at the resort you're staying at, you can definitely try as a walk-up. Another poster who recently stayed reported back saying many of the open restaurants were slow and could have accommodated walk-ups. I think the only caveat right now is if you wanted to dine at another resort's TS restaurant, you're supposed to have an ADR to enter the property.

I wondered this as well, the system allowed me to book reservations at Topolino's Terrace, as well as Olivia's Cafe for lunch- we don't have resort reservations. We are staying at an off site hotel. Will we be allowed to enter the resorts due to have the ADRs?

I wondered this as well, the system allowed me to book reservations at Topolino's Terrace, as well as Olivia's Cafe for lunch- we don't have resort reservations. We are staying at an off site hotel. Will we be allowed to enter the resorts due to have the ADRs?
Yes. You have to have either an ADR or a resort reservation at that resort (or both) to enter, according to the guidance Disney has released.

Yes. You have to have either an ADR or a resort reservation at that resort (or both) to enter, according to the guidance Disney has released.
I “thought” you had to be a Disney works resort guest at that resort, or a resort? I didn’t think the resort restaurants were open to locals/off site? I could be TOTALLY wrong, I just thought that was what I had heard?

I “thought” you had to be a Disney works resort guest at that resort, or a resort? I didn’t think the resort restaurants were open to locals/off site? I could be TOTALLY wrong, I just thought that was what I had heard?
The guidance from Disney was not clear on this, but most people here were operating under the presumption that you had to be a guest of that particular resort OR have an ADR at a TS restaurant at that resort in order to enter. The point of this measure is seemingly to have the bare minimum number of people on site at a resort at a given time. If they allowed people from other WDW resorts to come over and stroll around, dine at QS, etc. then you run the risk of having crowds and losing control of social distancing. So it doesn't make sense to me that they would allow people from other WDW resorts in without a TS ADR. But, again, what Disney put out about this was vague, and I'm not sure if it has since been clarified.

All of this being said, recent reports since the resorts re-opened were that they were not checking people for resort reservations or ADRs so it wasn't being enforced. But I would not be surprised if enforcement of this changes as the parks re-open and more resorts open. There will be more people on property at that point.

You are saying hold times for more than an hour. Yes, it has been that way since March.

Have you tried booking on-line, MDE?

Last year we were staying at OKW. Late PM one night, hubby and I decided to have a cocktail/dessert cocktail (whatever they are called) and dessert. Olivia's was practically empty inside and out. We wanted to sit outside regardless - it was a nice night. We had to check-in and wait to get called......so weird how they/the system works. Under these COVID circumstances now - who knows, might be easier or harder to get in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!