Walk-up wait list

nurseberta

DIS Veteran
so far I understand that In the app, I can choose “check dining availability,” put in the # of people and select the date, and then choose “now.” My question is, do i have to be in the park to join the walk up wait list? Is that connected to magic band? like when you scan. or do you need to have gps on?

second question. If I have an oga's reservation at 9:25, how late can i arrive and they will still honor my res? just considering I will be RD GE and toy story land. tia

I'm not certain on the first question, I believe I've read you have to be within a few miles, but never been able to nail down the official distance. I'm staying offsite later this month but still close and was going to try to join scifi from my hotel and see what happens.

second question. If I have an oga's reservation at 9:25, how late can i arrive and they will still honor my res? just considering I will be RD GE and toy story land. tia
Is that 9:25am? Almost thought it was for an after hours reservation until I re-read. Usually you have a 15-20 minute grace period for dining reservations.

I'm not certain on the first question, I believe I've read you have to be within a few miles, but never been able to nail down the official distance. I'm staying offsite later this month but still close and was going to try to join scifi from my hotel and see what happens.

Is that 9:25am? Almost thought it was for an after hours reservation until I re-read. Usually you have a 15-20 minute grace period for dining reservations.

yes unfortunately, 9:25am! I wanted lunch and that’s the only time available. I was thinking more like 11ish but if we are RD for HS walking from boardwalk will try to arrive at 7:15! I was going to cancel it as i have another 9:40pm res for later on the trip but i may be in need of a drink after Genie stress!!!

yes unfortunately, 9:25am! I wanted lunch and that’s the only time available. I was thinking more like 11ish but if we are RD for HS walking from boardwalk will try to arrive at 7:15! I was going to cancel it as i have another 9:40pm res for later on the trip but i may be in need of a drink after Genie stress!!!
They don't have much for food, you're better off going to Docking Bay 7 to eat, but Oga's is definitely a fun place to go

For the walk up waitlist you need to be very close to the restaurant. I joined the list for Steakhouse 71 from BLT and joined 50's PrimeTime while sitting in the Frozen show at HS. I couldn't even do Kona while I was on the monorail to Poly-it wouldn't take it until I was actually at the property.

In reality, if you showed up at 9:26, they could turn you away. I have seen people show up an hour late to an ADR and be sat and people show up a minute late and be turned away. There's no real rhyme or reason to it, showing up late is a gamble. Since you have another ADR later in your trip, I'd just cancel it. If you want a drink around lunch time, head over to Baseline Tap House which isn't too far from the RotR entrance/exit into GE.

In reality, if you showed up at 9:26, they could turn you away. I have seen people show up an hour late to an ADR and be sat and people show up a minute late and be turned away. There's no real rhyme or reason to it, showing up late is a gamble. Since you have another ADR later in your trip, I'd just cancel it. If you want a drink around lunch time, head over to Baseline Tap House which isn't too far from the RotR entrance/exit into GE.

yikes!! I will prob cancel it, I cannot justify wasting valuable early morning time to do something that would work better after park hours

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter